Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16b into 95 Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16b into 95 Civic Si

Hi guys, i picked up a B16b and i was wondering what mounts i should get. I have hasport mounts for the b series for the Eg but the transmission mount on the right side dosen't line up. what am i missing?? I have everything esle but that one mount and also the bracket for the motor mount on the left side. Please let me know what i need to get. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:42 PM

Anybody??? Any help??
Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: B16b into 95 Civic Si (2004es2)

The b-series Hasport mounts made for an Integra should work for the Civic. I don't see how you are having a problem.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16b into 95 Civic Si (BlueIntegraBoy)

do you have the right rear tranny bracket? you need one from a 94 up integra
Old 01-11-2008, 10:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2004es2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi guys, i picked up a B16b and i was wondering what mounts i should get. I have hasport mounts for the b series for the Eg but the transmission mount on the right side dosen't line up. what am i missing?? I have everything esle but that one mount and also the bracket for the motor mount on the left side. Please let me know what i need to get. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i used stock mounts for my eg b-series swap with just a minor problem with the rear bracket...yours should bolt up directly since your using hasport mounts...
Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might just be having a hard time lining everything up. You didn't really need the hasport mounts to begin with. You coulda done 94-01 stock integra manual mounts. Anyway:

After doing like 10 million swaps in my garage, I have figured out a good order to do things in.
Take off the header. You'll be surprised at how much easier everything is when you do this. Also, take out the radiator if you haven't allready.

The first mount you attatch should be the rear T mount. It should be for a 94-01 integra. The del sol B series mount should work as well.

1.) Bolt the rear T mount onto the chassis. Dont tighten the bolt that goes horizontally and holds the bracket to the actual mount. This might restrict movement. Put the bolt in and thread it almost all the way...just dont tighten it. Leave only a thread or so to go so it will be easier to tighten when you're done.

2) Drop the engine into the bay with a cherry picker. Reach your hand where all the coolant hoses go. There should be a long 17 or 19mm bolt that goes thru and attatches the block to the T mount. Get a friend to move the engine around and get that bolt lined up.

3.) Now drop the engine a bit more and line up the trans mounts. Dont tighten anything all the way. Leave a LITTLE slack.

4.) Line up the driver's side engine mount. Again, leave a little slack.

5.) Put the 2 19mm bolts into the T mount that attatch to the trans. If these are not lining up, either use a jack on the oilpan, or start bolting up the rest of the mounts till the holes line up in the T mount.

7.) DONT FORGET TO TIGHTEN THE LONG *** 17MM THAT I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE LOOSE IN THE 1ST STEP.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:57 AM

Default Re: B16b into 95 Civic Si (B serious)

This some good info. I also do it this way.. All thought I wouldn't put a jack on the oil pan. If any thing bolt the head on the block and put a piece of wood between the collector and the jack. Our oil pans arent the thick and can dent and even cruch under stress like that.

but the mounts you have should work fine, Just have to wiggle it around a little to get the holes to line up
Old 01-12-2008, 06:16 AM

Default Re: B16b into 95 Civic Si (wicked_b16eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This some good info. I also do it this way.. All thought I wouldn't put a jack on the oil pan. If any thing bolt the head on the block and put a piece of wood between the collector and the jack. Our oil pans arent the thick and can dent and even cruch under stress like that.

but the mounts you have should work fine, Just have to wiggle it around a little to get the holes to line up </TD></TR></TABLE>

The header is attatched to the head. I'd rather not pick up the engine using tubes attatched to the head of the engine.

The oilpan is more than thick enough to support the weight of the engine as long as the jack pad is large. Gotta buy the big boy jack. No more using the jack that came with the McGuyver starter kit.

The engine comes shipped to you laying on it's oil pan. I have also jacked up the engine to support it using the oil pan. I usually do use a book or a block of wood between the jack and the pan, though. I lost the rubber pad that goes to my jack.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:47 AM

Ok so i need integra mounts. I just baught b sseies mounts for eg.... thats what it said. I have the correct rear barcket but i am missing the driver side bracket for the motor and also the passenger mount wont work so ill be hitting the junkyard tom. to look for asll that stuff. I also wanted to knw if the vss from the b16b can be swapped with a regular d-series one since the b16b one is a bunch of hoses and not a clip.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 AM

Default Re: B16b into 95 Civic Si (B serious)

Thanx for all the info btw. This is my first swap and everything is going good ut i need that bracket and mount. Ill post some pics when i get through.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:39 PM

Default Re: (2004es2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2004es2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok so i need integra mounts. I just baught b sseies mounts for eg.... thats what it said. I have the correct rear barcket but i am missing the driver side bracket for the motor and also the passenger mount wont work so ill be hitting the junkyard tom. to look for asll that stuff. I also wanted to knw if the vss from the b16b can be swapped with a regular d-series one since the b16b one is a bunch of hoses and not a clip.</TD></TR></TABLE>

B series EG is the same as the 94-01 integra mounts. So you have the right mounts...unless they sent you the wrong ones by mistake. You just have to finesse the engine in. The polyurethane will not move as much as the rubber mounts...so there's less wiggle room to be able to kinda wiggle and flex it into place. But then again, since there is very little wiggle room, it should place everything correctly without the need to wiggle. Call the place and make sure they sent you the right ****. See if there are any part #s.

However, even with the mount kit, you still have to have the rear T mount from an integra. So that's probably your issue. IIRC, the rest of the brackets are the same from 92-95 Civic as compared to EK9. UNLESSSSSSS you have the 3 prong motor mount for the driver's side upper mount. The EK uses a 2 prong. The DC uses a 3 prong. Some 92-95 civics (the ones with D16Z6es) use a 3 prong DC mount. While the JDM EG6 uses a 2 prong mount to mount it's B16A. . So really, they should'nt have described it as just "B seires into EG". A B series from an integra has the 3 prong. The B series from a civic has a 2 prong.

Do you have the 3 prong or 2 prong driver's side upper mount with your kit? If you have the 3 prong, you have to look for a B series 3 prong from an integra...or I believe the D series 3 prong from a 92-95 EX or del sol Si might work. The B16B has a 2 prong.

The B16B VSS should be a plug in connector. Have pics of the "hoses and ****"? That doesn't sound right.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if im correct, b16b is obd2a i think.

since youre dropping it into an obd1 car, you might run into slight wiring PITA's...

i currently am right now, bought a b16a3 for my 99 ej8 and thought it was obd2

good luck
Old 01-13-2008, 02:03 PM

Default Re: (jasony0630)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jasony0630 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if im correct, b16b is obd2a i think.

since youre dropping it into an obd1 car, you might run into slight wiring PITA's...

i currently am right now, bought a b16a3 for my 99 ej8 and thought it was obd2

good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

B16Bs can be obd2A or B. The wiring isnt hard at ALL from OBD2 to OBD1. You just leave the unplugged sensors unplugged without any consequences...if you're using an OBD1 ECU.

It wont really be a wiring pain to put an A3 into a 99 civic. The only things are the misfire sensor located on the oil pump (which is a pain because you have to swap it in...although I heard here was a wiring trick for this, but I'm not sure how since it's a square wave signal), the injector connectors are different, and you have to add VTEC and knock harnesses. No biggie; I would hardly describe it as a PITA (except the misfire sensor). Everything else should be very simple. You would have had the same pains with an OBD2 B16A. The 3 wire to 2 wire IAC conversion, and the manifold sensors being different are going to be problems you're going to have to deal with because you originally had the Y7 in there. If you had the Y8....easy breazy.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so if i have an obd1 dizzy on my b16 , do i just plug in the plugs that have 8 wires and leave the obd1 plug with only 2 wires unplugged?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:14 PM

Default Re: (jasony0630)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jasony0630 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so if i have an obd1 dizzy on my b16 , do i just plug in the plugs that have 8 wires and leave the obd1 plug with only 2 wires unplugged?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The OBD1 has these 2 wires on their own connector. The OBD2 has the 2 wires all built into the big connector. Cut the wires from both connectors. Splice them together...or better yet, use spade connectors for quick disconnects if you ever have to replace the distributor. done and done.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:07 PM

Ok so i went to the junkyard today and had no luck finding the bricket i need on the left side of the motor. I have the 2 prong or whatever mount and the motor has no bracket to connect the mount to.... I do have the correct rear t bracket and the left side mount right side trans mount dosent fit. Is there a bracket that goes on the tranny and then connects to the mount?? I have all the wireing almost done. I have a couple of obd 1 harnesses that i am using so the wireing is almost done. I just need the damn mounts to fit.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2004es2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok so i went to the junkyard today and had no luck finding the bricket i need on the left side of the motor. I have the 2 prong or whatever mount and the motor has no bracket to connect the mount to.... I do have the correct rear t bracket and the left side mount right side trans mount dosent fit. Is there a bracket that goes on the tranny and then connects to the mount?? I have all the wireing almost done. I have a couple of obd 1 harnesses that i am using so the wireing is almost done. I just need the damn mounts to fit.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I doubt you'll find a 2 prong B series bracket at a junkyard. Buy one from honda sites like http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

You can also see if hmotorsonline has one. Or if your local speed shop has one. You can also check there for the integra rear T bracket. You should be able to use a bracket for the mount from a 94-01 integra as well.

Usually, at the junkyard, the motor, and mounts are all gone from integras or civics.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:58 PM

Default Re: (B serious)

quick question...do i need a hoist to replace just the driver side engine mount??
Old 01-13-2008, 07:17 PM

here are some pics of what i have and what i need..

Motor out.

Old Motor

New motor

I need the bracket that goes here

Mounts that i have excluding the one in the engine bay for the rear T bracket

This is the mount that dosent line up with the holes on the tranny

These holes

Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 PM

Default Re: (blk_eg4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blk_eg4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">quick question...do i need a hoist to replace just the driver side engine mount??</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. If your AC mount is still attached, you can just unbolt the DS upper mount, and replace it. The AC mount will support it just fine.

You can also use a jack under the oil pan with a book or peice of wood as a buffer. This is if you do not have an AC mount. Some aftermarket mounts dont require the AC mount to be used. In that case, just use a jack with a large lifting pad with rubber padding. Put it under the oil pan.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:43 PM

So whats the deal with this tranny and the mount.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2004es2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So whats the deal with this tranny and the mount.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe that's the rear mount.

I think there may be a bracket that goes between the trans mount and the trans but im not 100% sure. I will check my car and let you know tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:17 PM

Cool thanx man. I need this done asap. Wireing almost done and i have everything else that i need. Just waiting for the right info so i can get the right parts.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 PM

thanks B!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2004es2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cool thanx man. I need this done asap. Wireing almost done and i have everything else that i need. Just waiting for the right info so i can get the right parts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just looked and yes there is a bracket that bolts onto the trans. That mount that you have in the 7th pic (the one you're holding) should either be the rear mount or it bolts onto the FRAME RAIL by the trans. There is then a long 17mm bolt that goes through the polyurethane part of the mount. Get what I'm sayin?

I'll try to post pics tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

Quick Reply: B16b into 95 Civic Si