Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B16 LSD Trans For Jackson Racing Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 LSD Trans For Jackson Racing Supercharger

Hey guys. I need some suggestions. Some guy want to trade me a B16 trans with Phantom grip LSD, and $400 Cash. I have a GSR with B16 Trans non LSD. My question is, is it worth the Trade, and will i do better in a 1/4 mile????? and also is phantom good.

Help me out guys, dont know what to do.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16 LSD Trans For Jackson Racing Supercharger (ChuloStyle)

No.... phantom grip lsd's are not actually a real lsd...they blow. keep your supercharger or just sell it for cash
Old 08-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

phantom grip is definetly not a real lsd.....keep the supercharger. He's just trying to rip you off.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:46 AM

Default Re: B16 LSD Trans For Jackson Racing Supercharger (ChuloStyle)

you guys are some dumb asses

phantom grip is a for of limited slip grip it stops the disc so both can spin at the same time. How can you base an opinion without owning one. i'm the kid he was doint the deal with and he sudjested the deal. i get ripped off all the time and i feel it's part of the game but ot accuse me of ripping someone off without knowing me or knowing he product is unreal.

Phantom Grip serves two distinctive functions in your street or race vehicle. First, it functions as a disc-type limited slip in cornering and braking. Disc plates exert pressure against spider gears using spring pressure to regulate the amount of slippage at the wheels. Helping to accelerate earlier, while exiting corners at a higher speed.

Secondly, the Phantom Grip works as a locker in hard acceleration. The disc plates pivot, locking spiders, causing both wheels to exert equal power to the road, providing less torque steer than an ordinary differential. With over 120,000 miles of testing, there has been no significant wear of these plates. Although seemingly simple, the 'Phantom Grip design' offers as much maximum traction as other limited slips. The Phantom Grip is extremely strong and durable and comes with a Lifetime Warranty for breakage and manufacturer defects.

http://www.phantomgrip.com/

look up the info on phantom grip before you talk!!!

dumb asses

Old 08-16-2004, 04:37 AM

Default Re: B16 LSD Trans For Jackson Racing Supercharger (kwikazzteg)

i personally wouldnt trade a S/C for a b16 lsd tranny. but hey if u want it then its your deal.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:42 AM

Default Re: B16 LSD Trans For Jackson Racing Supercharger (LSvtecEH2)

Dude most of the people on this board have had dealings with Phantom Grip. They are JUNK plain and simple. I would rather have a broken Factory LSD as opposed to that shitty thing. Do a search on here and check all the negatinity about them. Not just hearsay. Not a good way for you to start out as a member either by coming on here and talking ****.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:23 PM

Default Re: B16 LSD Trans For Jackson Racing Supercharger (Evil_Wizard)

i'm not knocking anyone i'm just stating that everyone is saying it's not LSD when it is a diferent type of LSD other then the conventional LSD. phantom grip is not as good as others but it's LSD none the less.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Phantom Grip is NOT a TRUE LSD. What does that mean? Well if you were going to use it and do a burn out at the track guess what?!?! Both tires kind of rotate together but not always. Do a launch at 4.5k-5k with over 300hp at the wheel and you might find yourself in the wall because Phantom Grip aint holding for ****! It is as good as having a stock NON-LSD Tranny.

In my honest opinion, Phantom Grip is crap. I've seen it and used it so I KNOW its crap.

To the original poster, save your b16 non-lsd and $400 and wait until you have enough for a Type R tranny and get that instead. If not that get the Quiafe or Kaaz or even the Spool type LSD's. Any of those would rip the Phantom Grip another hole.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:55 PM

Keep you blower dude ....