Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B series eg ecu problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B series eg ecu problems

Hi, i drive a 1992 Honda Civic hatch that has a b swap, B18c5 block with a b18c1 head. Some bolt ons and cams. I recently went and got a dynotune and made 191hp (GREAT!) But heres where the problems begin. I only made that HP on the tuners own personal ECU, because whenever he put that very same chip into my ecu, the check engine light would come on (despite being disabled in crome) and my vtec would not engage. With that 191hp chip in my ecu i only made 123hp. We tried multiple chips as well. So im wondering what exactly can be wrong with my ecu for it to seem to ignore what the chip is telling it. Ive checked out the board and best i can tell nothing is broken or burnt out. Its driving me crazy, thanks in advance!!
Old 06-30-2019, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: B series eg ecu problems

You either have a problem with the chip itself (like a bad burn or incorrect installation) or you have a bad socketed ECU. Since you used the tuner's ECU on dyno, it is likely that the problem is YOUR ECU. Try another known good ECU and see if you are back to normal. If so, you need to repair or replace your ECU. Pictures of the socketed areas of the ECU may help identify a problem.