Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

which axles to use on ls vtec wid gsr tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which axles to use on ls vtec wid gsr tranny

hey i got a prob im got stage 3 racing axles and there b series but there like a inch longer than my normal axles, i got a built ls vtech with a gsr tranny in a eg hatch, does anyone know what axles i should use like out of a specific car, i thought all b series were the same?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: which axles to use on ls vtec wid gsr tranny (Lil_Jon)

use99-00 civic or 94 and up integra cv axles oem or aftermarket.
da integra wont fit.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lil_Jon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey i got a prob im got stage 3 racing axles and there b series but there like a inch longer than my normal axles, i got a built ls vtech with a gsr tranny in a eg hatch, does anyone know what axles i should use like out of a specific car, i thought all b series were the same?</TD></TR></TABLE>

92-00 civic or 94-01 integra B series axles. Any.

You sure you have them installed correctly? Are they on the correct sides and are they housing into the trans or intermediate shaft all the way? They have to be seated into the trans/intermediate shaft with a considerable amount of pushing force. PUSH ONLY! DO NOT PULL...NEVER PULL BETWEEN PUSHES.

If you pulled on them...you probably seperated them. Did you seperate them (did you pull on them)?

You sure there's an H in vtec?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: which axles to use on ls vtec wid gsr tranny (crazyguy)

thx alot for the quick response so when i order the new axles should i buy for a ls or gsr ? does anyone need stage 3 racing axles all i know is there for b series. can someone tell me why my axles wont fit though
Old 02-23-2008, 03:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lil_Jon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thx alot for the quick response so when i order the new axles should i buy for a ls or gsr ? does anyone need stage 3 racing axles all i know is there for b series. can someone tell me why my axles wont fit though</TD></TR></TABLE>

???

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

92-00 civic or 94-01 integra B series axles. Any.

You sure you have them installed correctly? Are they on the correct sides and are they housing into the trans or intermediate shaft all the way? They have to be seated into the trans/intermediate shaft with a considerable amount of pushing force. PUSH ONLY! DO NOT PULL...NEVER PULL BETWEEN PUSHES.

If you pulled on them...you probably seperated them. Did you seperate them (did you pull on them)?

You sure there's an H in vtec? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-23-2008, 03:40 PM

LS and GSR are the same. for your car. ABS or non ABS will all work. but non ABS will be cheaper
Old 02-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: which axles to use on ls vtec wid gsr tranny (crazyguy)

thx guys i just dont know why these axles wont fit i dont know if there seperate or not i was told there for a b series i bought them off a guy but they were brand new, if there seperated are they no good or what could i do to get them to work if there not, also does it matter what half shaft im using i think mines a ls??
Old 02-23-2008, 03:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lil_Jon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thx guys i just dont know why these axles wont fit i dont know if there seperate or not i was told there for a b series i bought them off a guy but they were brand new, if there seperated are they no good or what could i do to get them to work if there not, also does it matter what half shaft im using i think mines a ls??</TD></TR></TABLE>
94 and up integra half shafs are all the same.
the axle on the driver side , one side should be female and one side should be male. and both male ends on the passenger side
Old 02-23-2008, 03:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lil_Jon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thx guys i just dont know why these axles wont fit i dont know if there seperate or not i was told there for a b series i bought them off a guy but they were brand new, if there seperated are they no good or what could i do to get them to work if there not, also does it matter what half shaft im using i think mines a ls??</TD></TR></TABLE>

All the half shafts are the same.

Were the axles for a 92-00 civic with B series or 94-01 integra? Those are the ones that will work.

If they are seperated, you will have to open up the boot and put them back together. IT SUCKS! Get ready to invent some new swear words.

Again, try pushing them into the trans/intermediate shaft ALL THE WAY. They should be butted up against the trans/halfshaft completely. I've seen this problem before.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: which axles to use on ls vtec wid gsr tranny (B serious)

i dunno what there for he just told me b series he didnt say any specific car or year there fore they look exactly like my stock ones but i havent tried puttin the passenger side in only the driver but like when i lay the axles next to each other the stage 3's are a inch bigger than the oem?
Old 02-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my friend thinks there for a b16 is there any difference from the b16 compared to the ls and gsr axles?
Old 02-23-2008, 04:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lil_Jon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dunno what there for he just told me b series he didnt say any specific car or year there fore they look exactly like my stock ones but i havent tried puttin the passenger side in only the driver but like when i lay the axles next to each other the stage 3's are a inch bigger than the oem? </TD></TR></TABLE>

They're probably seperated. Does the boot look stretched on the stage 3s? Or maybe you got ripped off or something.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lil_Jon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend thinks there for a b16 is there any difference from the b16 compared to the ls and gsr axles?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. For the last time lol. There is no difference. Any 92-00 civic or 94-01 Integra B series axles are all the same. All of them. That includes: LS, GSR, ITR, B16A/B. They can go into a del sol, 92-95 civic or 94-01 integra.

Seriously.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Re: which axles to use on ls vtec wid gsr tranny (B serious)

sorry to but in so late in the game, but im seeing a simmilar problem while doing my swap, i got my axles installed, and it seems like the drive axle keeps popping out when not at the right angle, i dont remember, i was kinda intoxicated when putting in my drive axle, but i might have pulled on it after pushing on it, but i dont think i did. I first got my engine going , and it would go in drive and reverse just fine, then first 10 min i had my swap running, i had to slap on brakes in reverse and stall out the vehical, after it stalled, it seemed to make th axle pop out and not drive anymore, i took the wheel assembly apart and got it to stick again, but as soon i i put the wheel on and lower it back to the ground, it pops back out, i was told that my 93 civic ex had abs, and i might not be using abs axles and thats the problem, but i dont believe it, cause it would have never working in the first place if that was the issue, I know somone out there knows alot more than me on this subject, and i need help, should i take apart my axle and put it back togather, or order abs axles PLEASE HELP somone, i want this running before my b-day july 1st HELP