Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

axle stock ,wont move??? HELP PLZZZ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axle stock ,wont move??? HELP PLZZZ!!!

Ok, I swaped new shocks today and while working on the front passenger side, I stepped on the rotor to lower the Lca so I can fit the new shocks in now the axle seems like the bearing is popped out from the axle boot where it meats to the tranny. And this sucker wont budge back in and I been trying to push and turn but doesnt seem to work.

I need some help asap, car is sitting on jackstand all day.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: axle stock ,wont move??? HELP PLZZZ!!! (saemoonyang)

You're gonna have to remove the axle, at least get the outer joint out of the knuckle and the inner joint out of the tranny. take the bands off the inner boot and push the three bearings in, then you have to rock and rotate the inner joint to make it go back on. Put the bands back on if you can get them back on, buy new bands, or use plastic zip ties, reinstall axle.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: axle stock ,wont move??? HELP PLZZZ!!! (94EG8)

Thanks!

LOL is there an easier way? Possibly realigning the axle bearing without taking if out?
Old 10-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Seagull Management

You can try, but i've never had any success with it.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^its true what 94EG8 says..u can try but its gonna be hard..i ran into the same problem wit my brother's lude and we had to un-clip the clip to the boot and set back..even with it opened it was still hard to re-aling the bearing(or wateva they're called).but after u get it back into the slots u would need to repack the boot with a bunch of grease..and mybe new clips too..depends..they have tools to take the clip off..well gl with ur axle..
Old 11-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: axle stock ,wont move??? HELP PLZZZ!!! (elusivEm1)

Thanks guys, you're are right that bastard is impossible to realign. Going from a simple shock swap into a [freak]ing nightmare guys.

So trying to align the bearing was near impossible so I went with plan B and removing the axle. Cross my finger everything will go well, well taking off that 32mm nut was ez so I went ahead and tap the end of the axle to go through my hub and found out that mthrfker was seized OMFG, seriousely, so after bashing it with a monster hammer and I came to realize the end was warped and was to big to fit through the hub. Like WTF????

Got my grinder and grind that mthfker end so it would fit through the hub. Finally got it to size and while trying to take off the axle I noticed that the axle extended longer than it normally is because the bearing is popped out of place so it was impossible to take the axle out. So I had to take off my brake caliper and removed my tie rods so I can have more movement. Fuked up my tie rod trying to take it off. Forced that mthfker and finally got the dam axle off.

Simple shock swap Took me nearly 10hrs and this **** isnt even complete. I still need to go get new axle and tie rods tomorrow. If I have another mthfking problems tomorrow, im BURNING this bitch UP!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Seagull Management

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saemoonyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so after bashing it with a monster hammer and I came to realize the end was warped and was to big to fit through the hub. Like WTF????</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mushroomed the end of the axle beating on it, thats why you're supposed to use a center punch when doing something like that.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your talking about an air hammer with a center punch?

I did use a center punch and hit it with a hammer but wasnt doing any good.

So straight pounding worked and it still took about hour of hammering. That was how bad it was seized up. What a fuking weekend wasted!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saemoonyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks guys, you're are right that bastard is impossible to realign. Going from a simple shock swap into a [freak]ing nightmare guys.

So trying to align the bearing was near impossible so I went with plan B and removing the axle. Cross my finger everything will go well, well taking off that 32mm nut was ez so I went ahead and tap the end of the axle to go through my hub and found out that mthrfker was seized OMFG, seriousely, so after bashing it with a monster hammer and I came to realize the end was warped and was to big to fit through the hub. Like WTF????

Got my grinder and grind that mthfker end so it would fit through the hub. Finally got it to size and while trying to take off the axle I noticed that the axle extended longer than it normally is because the bearing is popped out of place so it was impossible to take the axle out. So I had to take off my brake caliper and removed my tie rods so I can have more movement. Fuked up my tie rod trying to take it off. Forced that mthfker and finally got the dam axle off.

Simple shock swap Took me nearly 10hrs and this **** isnt even complete. I still need to go get new axle and tie rods tomorrow. If I have another mthfking problems tomorrow, im BURNING this bitch UP!</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry bout your problems, but man how you worded that literally had me LOL . goodluck with the fix
Old 11-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Seagull Management

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saemoonyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your talking about an air hammer with a center punch</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, just a good dead blow or heavy ball pein hammer and a center punch. They don't normally come out hard, normally you don't have to hit them at all, a slight tap at the most should get it out of there.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen this before (I used to live in Maine where the rust flows like water) I once had to throw away the hub because I didn't have access to a shop with a press, and spent a whole day pounding the axle out with the hub in a bench vise, and it still didn't come out. It looked like the original axle and had never been lubed on installation.... nothing but rust coming out of it while pounding away. I cussed it until the end was mushroomed out and bent over into the rotor hehe... for getting it apart man