Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AXLE POPPING OUT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXLE POPPING OUT!!!

My passenger side axle keeps popping out about a quarter of an inch to an inch.
I just replaced it because I thought it might be a bad snap ring. I got the shitty autozone lifetime axles, and all the snap rings are the same. They look like a piece of bent wire thats all. Is it ok to go to napa and replace it with one that has the two eyelets on the ends? or will they not work cause they are not like the original rings? Is that even the problem? My mom's boyfriend's mechanic said it is because my motor is not centered correctly and I need to move the whole thing a little to the passengers side, which I thought was bullshit. any other ideas? oh by the way it is a jdm h22 in an EG and im using the 93 integra axles if that matters.

oh and this is weird **** too... i needed to replace the driver's side axle with an 89 integra axle cause the 93 was too long. Could that have something to do with the passenger side popping out? (That would kinda make sense with the mechanics idea that the motor isn't centered...)thanks a lot everyone!!
Old 09-13-2004, 02:25 PM

Default Re: AXLE POPPING OUT!!! (alleyezonme)

the problem could be that u have a short axle that is not reaching the wheel or tranny and thats y its popping out of place....and ur moms boyfriends mechanic could be right too if ur motor is shifter over to one side that could cause the axle to move either which way....when u find out let me know....
Old 09-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You had lots to say about axles buy how about telling us what mounts your using.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AXLE POPPING OUT!!! (2point2)

yea I was thinking that the axle was too short... so what is longer than a 93 teggy axle... I thought they were the longest! guess I have more searching to do!!

I am using the hasport mount kit. so I was thinking I could just buy the hasport axles and be done with the mess, but I don't have the money and won't for another week, and I would rahter spend it on an exhaust cause open downpipe hurts the ears!

keep em coming!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

before bed bump
Old 09-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first thigns first...you sure your getting it ll the way in?
i have had 2 cars axels come out due to the fact that they was in all the way......
when it came out was your speedo moving faster like u were moving?
Old 09-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AXLE POPPING OUT!!! (SnoFlake EG)

Well it pops out like 1/4 inch, but it doesn't stop me from moving. I can still move just fine, just leaks tranny fluid like a bitch! but I did drive by one of those cop things that tell you how fast you are going and I was doing like 39 and it said 35. But couldn't that be because the vss (i think that is the sensor that controls it) for an h22 is different than for a civic so with 13" civic wheels on there it would read that i am going faster cause for each revolution of my axle I am going less distance then the vss thinks?

well that is another topic!! but yea it is fine to drive (i dont) but i just leak the fluid. i will try tomorrow to really wiggle it in there until it pops in again. is there anyway to get more force on it to get it in there??

thanks guys
Old 09-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

sounds like a short axel..but bang it in to ensure its in there! good luck!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alright I got it in there all the way i am 100% sure! I hit this metal bar in the back with it. I lightly tapped it with a hammer and I could feel the vibrations from metal on metal and it sounded like it too. But the problem is I can still pull it out with my hands! I don't know what to do. I was thinking I might need to switch the inners with the prelude inners. Any other ideas?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what your setup? all i see is a 93 Teg,im kinda confuse about the h22 if it on or not, but i know for sure that if you get 99 Si axles it should be longer then teg axles
Old 09-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AXLE POPPING OUT!!! (JDMFreak)

alright this is my setup...

92 jdm h22a
passenger side axle - 93 teggy
drivers side - 89 teggy
no LSD

I think that the axle on the pass. side is popping out because the inner is too long and the snap ring won't click in. I think i might try to get my hands on a prelude inner and swap them out and see if that works. I do not have any problems driving it though, i still don't. So can anyone think of any other problems, cause i really dont feel like shelling out another 70 bucks for another axle!!!

thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea I have NO IDEA why I can't get the axle to "pop" in. I tried about a thousand times but i got nothing!! I am asking all of you guys with the jdm h22a and the teg axles if they will pop in or should I just go and buy the prelude axle and swap the inner?

Thanks again everyone!
Old 09-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alleyezonme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea I have NO IDEA why I can't get the axle to "pop" in. I tried about a thousand times but i got nothing!! I am asking all of you guys with the jdm h22a and the teg axles if they will pop in or should I just go and buy the prelude axle and swap the inner?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.hasport.com

call them.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AXLE POPPING OUT!!! (2point2)

yo fuckface, i left you a voicemail telling you the problem adn what u must do...... Ok so we jsut finished an h22 swap in a del sol about 3 weeks ago then jsut recently got it running good, then his axles started doing the same ****. He got the pass side axle, swapped the end that goes into the tranny with the h22 end. Put it in and doesn't come out! this kid is not mechanically inclined so i am guessin its not taht hard to mix and match axles. justtake off that rubber boot and let the operation begin.
This kid is OWN3D by his gf, a biatchhhhhh
Old 09-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AXLE POPPING OUT!!! (ICeDoUt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ICeDoUt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">swapped the end that goes into the tranny with the h22 end. Put it in and doesn't come out! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, yes.. the H22A inner is slightly longer.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:57 PM

my boy had the same problem he ended up using a 89 prelude axle and it ended up wotking just fine no clue how but it did
Old 09-14-2004, 08:05 PM

be careful about that u dont want to strip the teeth on ur tranny or the axle if its the right one.... i think u should get a nother mechanic to look at it and see what he says....good luck^_-
Old 09-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

woah!!! Too Tough For Honda-tech!!! yea i was thinking that was the problem... i talked to SeaQuake on here and he was having the same prob and said the same thing. Its weird that it never really did this before, like i was driving it for a couple weeks like that no problem. Then all of a sudden after i let you drive it, it gets all messed up!! hmmmmmmm isnt that weird!!!! haha J/K man.

and yea my GF does own me... whats wrong with that?! and she isn't a bitch, you don't even know her!

soooooooo does anyone have a 92 prelude axle???
Old 09-15-2004, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i saw a lude chillin at harry's as soon as you go in the gates on your right(the motor was gone but i did see the axle hangin in there), but your too cool to come around this town. And your gf would be cool if u were allowed to come out and play with your friends. O yea and after i drove it just means that someone was actually driving it the way its ment to be drivin, none of this babying it crap. once i get all my **** form the mail this or next week, im'a be boostin, o yea u hear i took 2nd place at englishtown at street wars?
Old 09-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ICeDoUt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">O yea and after i drove it just means that someone was actually driving it the way its ment to be drivin, none of this babying it crap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ohhhhhhhhhhhh yea you zit!!!! act like you could find the gears!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:51 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

are your bushings fine. I had my lower A arms bushings fucked up, so it would pull out the axle a little bit, and I would bust my axle seals.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My friend has this exact same set up and to fix the problem we put integra axles with prelude inner boots. any axle shop can do that for you.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: AXLE POPPING OUT!!! (WOPCIVIC)

I don't have anything useful, I just wanted to give you guys a bump, GREAT thread, I never knew that the part that slides into a H22 is a little longer, now I';ll know what to do if anyone else has that problem around here too. I knew you could mix and match the ends...i just didnt know why someone would want to...now i do. good thread
Old 09-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AXLE POPPING OUT!!! (murmur9)

yea ill be mixing and matching tomorrow after work, so ill let everyone know how it works. thanks again for all the input!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:35 PM
h22ejcoupe

Have the exact same problem with my passenger side axle but now Im gonna have the guys at the shop try the prelude inner axle parts on the passenger axle.

Great info!

Quick Reply: AXLE POPPING OUT!!!