Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Auto Shippers

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Shippers

hey y'all......

does anybody have shipping stories good or bad about shipping a car across the country...

i'm looking at buying a civic and i'm looking for somebody good to do the shipping for me....

i've talked to about 3 so far and they all seem pretty douchey.....i just don't trust them with my shiny new purchase

thanks

mike
Old 09-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto Shippers

i havent had any experience with this, but do any of the companies offer insurance while the car is in their possession? if so take a bunch of photos with date stamp showing the condition of the car before and after.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:16 PM

just fly out and drive it back
Old 09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 300whpej
i havent had any experience with this, but do any of the companies offer insurance while the car is in their possession? if so take a bunch of photos with date stamp showing the condition of the car before and after.
i suppose that would be an intelligent thing to ask about, huh.....

i got a hold of this one guy that my GFs employer uses in california (she works at a dealership)......

call him up and he answers "hello?"........not like a business or anything but like a regular guy......he said he'd move my car from ohio to washington for 900 bucks and said he needed 6 days total.....i called dependable auto shippers and they wanted 1600 and wanted to take 16 days to do it, but no promises.....then the call center representative who i was talking to asked me if the car was modified and i said yes.....next question was does it have 4 inches ground clearance and i said i thought so then she said "oh, if your less than 4 inches, you need specialized shipping" and cold transfered me to somebodie's voicemail before i could say anything else........mr voicemail greeting had a very uninviting greeting about what they charge extra fees for and asked me to leave a message with contact info......

so, so far i got 1 fly by night operation for cheap or a soulless corporation for spendy......it's not looking good so far.....

recomentations please
Old 09-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cmgogo
just fly out and drive it back
well, that would be the solution that had nuts and all..........i'm starting to go that direction quickly......even still i figured i'd ask the internets if they had any other good ideas.....
Old 09-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by V Dub Mike
well, that would be the solution that had nuts and all..........i'm starting to go that direction quickly......even still i figured i'd ask the internets if they had any other good ideas.....
anybody know any good shippers?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a buddy of mine used uship.com to get a motorcycle across the country. He had a good experience. Im not 100% sure but i think you put in all the info and shippers kinda bid for your business or something. Anyways, the guy that picked up his bike was supposedly cool and communicated with him all the way through the process.