Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Auto and B series...anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto and B series...anyone?

Im bored and was wondering if anyone has done this swap..a b series with a auto trans? I heard some company makes higher stall converters for hondas now which would make a auto trans a lot quicker...Or how bout a sohc turbo with auto trans?..I know a auto with higher stall would help out those people who cant drives 60 foot time ..also how much hp is the b series auto trans supposed to be able to handle?...I wonder how many people will flame this idea? I know most 4cyls dont have enuf torque to take advantage of a auto trans in drag racing but hey thought Id ask.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaah! Its funny how you are about to flame yourself in that entry... haha Good luck on finding the right answer
Old 03-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Auto and B series...anyone? (AnitRiceSuperStar)

Auto B series and the Civic chassis do not get along.

Why?

Because the auto B sereis tranny is physically larger than any d auto or b manual tranny, and it will not fit without cutting some of the frame out and fabbing custom mounts.

My shop has done one LS auto swap into a 1996 4-door Civic and it was a nightmare. Mounts had to be fabbed, and against our advice the customer aksed us to nothc his framerail and modify the rear subframe. Also runningnthe swap is nearly impossible.

Integras and Civic use different means of controlling the transmission. there's no real way to run either ECU without either a CEL or the tranny won't shift - take your pick.

In short, auto B series swaps are not ideal in the Civic chassis.

As for boosted SOHC autos, umm .

I understand Level 10 makes shift kits and is supposed to be doing a stall convertor - we'll see I guess.