Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

attitude check for all suby owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attitude check for all suby owners

who is with me when i say that STI's are sexy and i love them but it seems every STI owner thinks that there is no possible way that a honda is faster than they are. im not saying oh yea theres this one guy its ALL suby guys minus the grampas, i usually hate these threads but i feel its time to start a thread about this to get the work out to all the suby guys that when you get beat by a honda just know that there is no excuses like "oh i had turbo lag.....or oh i need a tune-up" cause you know deep down that you really dont need those things cause your sh** was bought not built.......
to the guy in the 2005 white debadged sti with some college kid in it, i will take you down one day when i finish my "purple project" and show you how crazy vtec is with an NA K20a motor.

well flame me all you want but you all should post up your suby battles with your hondas!
lets show em whos boss!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: attitude check for all suby owners

well before i had a honda i was driving my mustang down rt 38 in nj. i was sittin at a light and a new sti with temps still on it pulls up next to me and starts showing off his blow off valve. i figured what the hell so i reved up a couple times. the light turned green and he took off i spun into second and lets just say he spun right into the medium. all i heard was "WAAAAAAAAHHHH"... then the "SQUEEEEEEEEAL" of him folding his front rim and tearing his front fender into the jersey barrier. i laughed, but i'm sure he was crying.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:02 AM

well i race a mustang gt with my sti and he was on my back bumper the whole time and that bish was growlin. not sure what he had but i could not loose it..

on another note when i had my 05 srt-4 an integra was keeping up with me pretty good also..now that was crazy
Old 12-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

great idea, take all of your racing to the track and stop endangering the lives of innocent people on public roads. granted i dont care if you kill yourselves doing dumb ****, just dont kill any innocent women, kids, fathers. How would you guys feel if someone killed someone close you racing, food for thought.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 12-30-2008, 11:01 AM

Ugh, this is going to turn into a street racing thread.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have an sti.... and im pretty sure there are plenty of hondas that pwn me....
Old 12-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PurpleB20B
who is with me when i say that STI's are sexy and i love them but it seems every STI owner thinks that there is no possible way that a honda is faster than they are. im not saying oh yea theres this one guy its ALL suby guys minus the grampas, i usually hate these threads but i feel its time to start a thread about this to get the work out to all the suby guys that when you get beat by a honda just know that there is no excuses like "oh i had turbo lag.....or oh i need a tune-up" cause you know deep down that you really dont need those things cause your sh** was bought not built.......
to the guy in the 2005 white debadged sti with some college kid in it, i will take you down one day when i finish my "purple project" and show you how crazy vtec is with an NA K20a motor.

well flame me all you want but you all should post up your suby battles with your hondas!
lets show em whos boss!!!!

Honestly, who cares? So what if you beat an STi in a straight line. Who cares if the car was built and not bought if they're at the same level of performance? You're street racing. There's no real accomplishment in that.

Even if you beat an STi, the STi will still be a nicer car.

1.) They're not purple.
2.) They were made within the last 5-10 years.
3.) Creature comforts are all present.
4.) While you're waiting for that "one day" when you finish your "purple project", he'll probably have other mods that make his car faster anyway. While you're dreaming, he's living.
5.) etc. etc. etc.

Also, have you considered that unless you have drag radials or slicks, there's the issue about you not getting any traction. My friend had a few K20R powered hatches. I was even with one of them with my stock S2000. Take a guess why.

Leave your ego at home. It's just cars. Try to have fun with it.

Last edited by B serious; 12-30-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i love subys but i hate suby owners too,especially the sti owners who only know how to dump the clutch.dont let them get to u though,because they just rich kids who get their cars for being good little boys.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 AM

What's wrong with being a rich kid? You wouldn't take a hand out?

P.S. the car only costs around 30kish new. More like "upper middle class kid".
Old 12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there isnt anything wrong with being rich ofcourse but they are not actaully rich because they are not the ones paying for thier car,their parents are.IMO they dont have the right to talk crap if they didnt even work for their car.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM

Why not? It's still their car.

If you got a gift it would be yours, right? I'm not saying being arrogant is good; I'm just saying that the whole "built vs. bought" argument is stupid. Plus, people use it WAY too much. Not everyone cares about street racing.

It is what it is regardless of how it got there. I usually had nice stuff that wasn't always bought by me. I never rubbed it in anyone's face...but I'm not going to turn down any gifts.

Also, how do you know that they didn't buy it themselves? I bought my S2000 mostly myself while going to school full time and working part time. I paid it off within 3 months. Someone called it "bought, not built" like I cared about any of that...or like the car is stock.

Plus, I've had plenty of cars (out of 10 cars total) that started out 100% stock and were motor swapped, had suspension work, etc. etc. all done by me and my friends in my garage.

There's no way to know that someone else isn't in that same situation. They may have bought and modded an "expensive" car themselves.

Last edited by B serious; 12-30-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i wouldnt turn down a sti either but it just pisses me off when they get cocky about it and start taking a **** all over my car.it is how it is though.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

were on honda-tech duhh

if it isn't a honda then its no good and slow and expensive

You talk to much, let the man build his K20 hatch knowing he put all his time and money into something he will cherish. If he was given the hatch with all the mods done to it, I would not see a reason to cherish it nearly as much as man hours.

man hours > gifts!

.02 centz

Originally Posted by B serious
Why not? It's still their car.

If you got a gift it would be yours, right? I'm not saying being arrogant is good; I'm just saying that the whole "built vs. bought" argument is stupid. Plus, people use it WAY too much. Not everyone cares about street racing.

It is what it is regardless of how it got there. I usually had nice stuff that wasn't always bought by me. I never rubbed it in anyone's face...but I'm not going to turn down any gifts.

Also, how do you know that they didn't buy it themselves? I bought my S2000 mostly myself while going to school full time and working part time. I paid it off within 3 months. Someone called it "bought, not built" like I cared about any of that...or like the car is stock.

Plus, I've had plenty of cars (out of 10 cars total) that started out 100% stock and were motor swapped, had suspension work, etc. etc. all done by me and my friends in my garage.

There's no way to know that someone else isn't in that same situation. They may have bought and modded an "expensive" car themselves.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that could be true but why would they buy a sti if they can buy a wrx and make it faster than sti with less money.i respect the wrx guys just hate the poser sti dudes.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:38 PM

because it's not all about street racing. That's like saying "buying an ITR vs. a LS to fix up makes you a poser."

What do you mean why would you buy an STi instead of a WRX? There are about 100 billion reasons.

1.) There's no replacement for displacement.
2.) Active center diff.
3.) Better suspension/underpinnings.
4.) Bigger brakes.
5.) Bigger/better/forged wheels.
6.) Better tires.
7.) More power. More torque.
8.) More stoutly built engine.
9.) Better turbo.
10.) More agressive looks.
11.) Functional aerodynamics.
12.) Nicer interior.
13.) The status of owning a real STi vs. a WRX.
14.) 6 speed trans.
15.) 3 LSDs.
16.) Keep your warranty while going faster.

I could go on and on and on. I thought of those within about 60 seconds.

Not everyone is into just straight line or street racing. The STi is a more refined car all around. What if he just wanted a fast car out of the box with some refinement? What if he was sick of building up modded cars that didn't live up to the hype?

That's why I bought my S2000. With street tires, wheels, coilovers, and an intake, I can crush civics at road courses with slicks and cages and motor swaps. Then I turn on my AC and nice radio and drive home in comfort. No overly harsh suspension; Plus nice stuff like power windows, keyless entry, etc.

You realize that even after you beat the STi in a street race with a K20 hatch all prepped up with DRs or slicks....the guy is going to shrug, turn around, and drive home to his upper middle class home with his upper middle class GF. When she says "I'm sweaty", he can roll up his windows with the touch of a few buttons, turn on the A/C and will actually get laid that night because neither of them is sweating like pigs when they get home.

There's more to life than street racing.

You can't possibly say that there is no reason to buy an STi just because a K20R hatch can beat it in a very specific situation.

If you're really worried about people talking down about your car....you're allready living a materialistic life. Go get a car loan and buy nicer **** to make yourself feel better.

Unless you're claiming that you're free from all that stuff. Then just forget about it and enjoy yourself.

Last edited by B serious; 12-30-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You realize that even after you beat the STi in a street race with a K20 hatch all prepped up with DRs or slicks....the guy is going to shrug, turn around, and drive home to his upper middle class home with his upper middle class GF. When she says "I'm sweaty", he can roll up his windows with the touch of a few buttons, turn on the A/C and will actually get laid that night because neither of them is sweating like pigs when they get home.
This is after or before he buys this upper middle class GF cloths,food,movie and SHOES?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jeez man suby vs honda is an on going thing.it is how it is.also civic CAN have all the comfort and power.you dont necessarily have to have it build for all out racing.

PS-dont judge me.im not only in drag racing.im into road racing and next year im buying a 3 series bmw for drifting.

Last edited by esean93; 12-30-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:58 PM

You're stereotyping. My good looking upper upper upper middle class/bordering on rich GF is actually very low maintanence. However, who doesn't buy their GF stuff, BTW?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by esean93
jeez man suby vs honda is an on going thing.it is how it is.civic can have all the comfort and power.you dont necessarily have to have it build for all out racing.
How many K20R hatches have AC/PS/power windows/Locks/mirrors? The ones that cost as much to build as buying an STi?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont care for k series.you could have all that stuff with a b motor.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:08 PM

True....but if it was as fast as an STi with a turbo stock internal B series...it wouldn't be nearly as reliable. Usually turbo hondas have to remove the AC because of the placement of the turbo.

If you're saying NA B series, it would have to be an ITR motor in a CX hatch, which, again, has no AC/PS/Power options. Its just a box.

I call them hatchboxes for a reason.

Or it would be a built NA B series inside of a hatch which may or may not have power options/AC/PS. But the motor isn't going to be as reliable in that case either.

You'd also have to have slicks or DRs. Who drives daily on those? If you're having to change out **** all the time just to keep up..it's a hassle.

Also, there's no way in hell that any of those cars is anywhere near as refined as a STi.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well with a good tune it could last for a few years.even if u blow it up u would know how to swap motor so it wouldnt matter.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:19 PM

It wouldn't matter? Blowing up motors is another hassle. Some people dont have the means or the patience to deal with it. Again...some people just want a hassle free, refined, fast car with a warranty.

What if you lived in an apartment or community where working on your car (DOING A MOTOR SWAP!!) is inconvenientt and/or not allowed?

What if you have a real job and have to show up somewhere in a suit/shirt and tie but you like to get crazy with your car on the weekend? You're going to do all that in your smoking, leaking, loud *** hatchback?

What if you want to take a girl on a first date or go out on the town? If you had the choice, which car would you take? A modded *** civic hatch or a STi?

Don't try to tell me that if you had the $$ and means to buy an STi and just be over with it and satisfied, you'd get a WRX or hatch just to "keep it real". That's ridiculous.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How many K20R hatches have AC/PS/power windows/Locks/mirrors? The ones that cost as much to build as buying an STi?
i find you think you know everything and you sound like one of those guys in the STI's plus i will spend nothing, yes i mean NOTHING close to what you pay for an STI. now if i was going turbo it would be MAYBE 20k Total and thats proly 14lbs boost DD and yes traction is an issue but buy the time you sign your papers and the ink is dry i would of already had a car thats better handling on the street, much much lighter, i could put LV full interior in my car and still maybe get close to your precious little STI im just saying why waste money on something over-rated which might i remind you comes with NOTHING SPECIAL besides a turbo and 300hp which is attainable by a k20a NA motor easily, so please dont start preaching to someone who has done homework, besides how would it look to everyone even on a drag strip when you get owned by some little honda hatch...and i never said the STI came in purple, MY car is purple hence my name dim whit. Oh and while your sitting in your STI with your middle class GF i have a HIN model who wants to show me how well she shifts. Traction is not an issue when i have $5k+ to spend just to come even after everything else i have done to the car.....so blah to you mr. no hard feelings i just dont like it when people think im some stupid street racer.

Quick Reply: attitude check for all suby owners