Old 09-10-2005, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex'i/Greddy - Video/Exhaust Sound Request

I'm looking for videos or sound clips for:
Apex'i WS
Apex'i N1
Greddy SP
Greddy Evo

Preferably on a 1.6L vtec engine (I have a d16z6)

I did do some searching, and turned up a couple of vids, but they were mostly on b18c1's, and I have a feeling that a d16z6 is gonna sound a lot raspyer

Thanks!!
Colin
Old 09-10-2005, 04:20 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: Apex'i/Greddy - Video/Exhaust Sound Request (ckrieg)

Why do I hate these threads. . . ?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:30 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Apex'i/Greddy - Video/Exhaust Sound Request (sicky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why do I hate these threads. . . ?</TD></TR></TABLE>
because they are ridiculous?

youre never really going to have a decent sound coming from someones tiny little microphone on their camera. to get an actual good sound with video its probably going to need to be recorded with a boom mic. as for just sound... the same applies. id suggest maybe going to some car shows and talking to people...
Old 09-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: Apex'i/Greddy - Video/Exhaust Sound Request (ROK801)

I have an Apex'I N1 system, and it sounds great. I love it.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ROK801 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">youre never really going to have a decent sound coming from someones tiny little microphone on their camera. to get an actual good sound with video its probably going to need to be recorded with a boom mic. as for just sound... the same applies. id suggest maybe going to some car shows and talking to people...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fair enough, but how am I supposed to make a good decision buying an exhaust I like if I've never even heard it! The only thing I can think of, is when I hear someone drive by and like their exhaust go and case them down?

I could talk to people at car shows, but those usually dont happen too often here in my town of 150,000 people...
Old 09-10-2005, 11:13 AM

Try here

http://exhaustsoundclips.com/phpbb2/
Old 09-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Trial User

in my opinion, id go for the apexi n1.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:48 PM

any idea how the n1 compares to the greddy evo?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the apexi N1 on my car, fits great, sounds great,I love it. But if you want a queit exhaust, then the N1 isnt for you.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ckrieg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any idea how the n1 compares to the greddy evo?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont like greddy anything.
bad experience with them a few years ago...
Old 09-10-2005, 01:31 PM

anyone know if the greddy sp is quieter than the greddy evo?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ckrieg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone know if the greddy sp is quieter than the greddy evo?</TD></TR></TABLE>
sp is quieter than evo
Old 09-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I know it has been said that you wont get the real sound from a microphone on a camera and I agree, but heres a clip of the WS2 on my d16y8.

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~n...1.avi

I like the sound of it. Its very quiet and only slightly louder than stock. This is when I first installed it and it was barely louder than stock at the time. It has since gotten a tad bit louder but still nice.

And just for kicks heres a vid of the little 1.6L without any exhaust (only header/cat on).

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~n...t.avi

lol

If you want more vids of when it was broken in and me driving let me know, Ill just need to find and upload them.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:05 PM

the evo has a good sound to it, but it's very loud, not quite as loud as an n1, but loud.

the ws is quiet like stock, not overwhelming.

I had the evo, but it rusted to ****, and the muffler came apart on the inside. something that seems to be fairly common with greddys and they wouldn't warranty mine.

I replaced it with the ws. the evo was very loud and driving normally you could hear the car from a couple blocks away. full throttle was death to the ear drums.

I have a y8. the evo is nice and not too loud if you have a stock header and factory cat. if not, then I would stay away from it. the n1 is a nice exhaust, one of the loudest, but best flowing, but if you're lowered and alot and have crappy roads in your area, I would stay away from it as it goes under the rear subframe.

from my personnal experiece I say the ws, but I haven't had it long, but I would recommend staying away from greddy.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

here you go, got a little clip for ya.. d16z6, basic bolt ons.. here ya go.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....5NTQx

Old 09-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (gftgrill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slow EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I know it has been said that you wont get the real sound from a microphone on a camera and I agree, but heres a clip of the WS2 on my d16y8.

I like the sound of it. Its very quiet and only slightly louder than stock. This is when I first installed it and it was barely louder than stock at the time. It has since gotten a tad bit louder but still nice.

And just for kicks heres a vid of the little 1.6L without any exhaust (only header/cat on).

lol

If you want more vids of when it was broken in and me driving let me know, Ill just need to find and upload them. </TD></TR></TABLE>
wow! it sounds really good... can i get some driving clips if possible? i never thought a d16 could sound like that... does it ever get buzzy/ricey?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Apex'i/Greddy - Video/Exhaust Sound Request (Ej1_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ej1_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here you go, got a little clip for ya.. d16z6, basic bolt ons.. here ya go.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....5NTQx

</TD></TR></TABLE>

what exhaust was that?
Old 09-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ekcivic9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekcivic9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow! it sounds really good... can i get some driving clips if possible? i never thought a d16 could sound like that... does it ever get buzzy/ricey?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you. I will find the driving clips and post them. I also have an intake so that makes alot of noise too (and the clip was in my garage). I had the intake first and it is prob louder than the exhaust when I get on it. I like the way they go together now tho. The exhaust is still fairly new but has never been busy/ricey, just nice and deep. I only got it to replace my stock exhaust which had holes in it. I too was suprised with how deep and nice it sounded.

Ill try to post up some clips within a few hours. Ill put them here and on my CarDomain page or ill send you a mesage with the links.

edit: ok heres some clips when driving. Keep in mind this is with the WS2 exhaust and my AEM SRI so its not all exhaust but them both together.

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~ndy22/cars/352.avi

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~n...d.avi

Modified by Slow EJ8 at 4:39 PM 9/11/2005
Old 09-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ckrieg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what exhaust was that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry about that, Apexi N1
Old 09-11-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Apex'i/Greddy - Video/Exhaust Sound Request (Slow EJ8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slow EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I know it has been said that you wont get the real sound from a microphone on a camera and I agree, but heres a clip of the WS2 on my d16y8.

lol

If you want more vids of when it was broken in and me driving let me know, Ill just need to find and upload them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds good.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apex'i/Greddy - Video/Exhaust Sound Request (mp5o)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mp5o &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks