Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

For anyone thats experienced honda's emmissions extension warranty on 95-97 civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For anyone thats experienced honda's emmissions extension warranty on 95-97 civic

I have a 97 civic hx,

I received a letter from Honda a long time ago that they've extended the emission warranty up to 10 years or 150,000 miles. It stated they provide a free tune up and they recommend it when you do the timing belt, well since I received that letter not too long after I did the timing belt I was mad, so anyways... I got up around 115,000 miles and my o2 sensor went bad, so they replaced it for free, then around 120,000 or so the check engine light came on once again (please take note that the dealer is 30 min from where I live and work at and I have no loaner car) their diagnostic computer was down so they just reset the computer, well lo and behold a week later it came on again ( on Harrisonburg Honda) So I was mad once again to take it back there, they said I needed the tune up which was bs cause I knew I tuned it up and told them that, and he just started saying **** like we have no record of it because it's not in our computers. So instead of just going off I said just fix the damn car. Well this time the egr ports needed cleaning, (ah ha I was right) but anyways I did get a free tune up, I just wanted to wait till I actually needed one. So now the car has 138,000 miles and the light has come on once again this time their telling me my ecm went bad and they have to replace it with a new one. So Honda is taking care of me once again and the job is gonna be $700 so I have to take it back next week when they get the computer. Sucks for me cause every time I do I have to find someone to go with me so I can leave it then I goto work and when I get off work they're already closed then I go get it the next morning. So anyways there's my problems, I just wanna know if anyone else out there has had to take they're car to the dealer for this recall and what was wrong.