Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone run a throttle pully????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 07:13 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone run a throttle pully????

here is a model for b16's

ive seen them on a few cars here and there running them , why dont more people run them. they increase throttle response by reducing pedal travel. im interested in finding other companies that make them.....
Old 02-10-2004, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (Hella_JDM)

I heard about them on one of those mad pimp super
tuner shows on tnn or some ****. I dont really
understand how they work.

Always wondered, but felt to stupid to ask about it.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:47 PM

well you can do the same thing to decrease pedal travel using the stock "throttle cable adjustment nuts" duh.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NYCautosport.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCautosport.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well you can do the same thing to decrease pedal travel using the stock "throttle cable adjustment nuts" duh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Technically its not the same.

I believe the pulleys have a reducing radius within them. Which means that throttle changes are increased by changing the normally round pulley into a more oblong shape.

When you hit the gas the distance pulled over the pulley is different. It makes sense, but I don't run one. I just have the cable tightened to spec.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:52 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (elwood)

they dont do ****. they are stupid. companies like apc and weapon r are coming out with this kind of **** all the time trying to get the gullible ricers' money. all it does is this. lets say when you put this on, when you push the gas pedal halfway down to the floor, it is actually at wide open throttle. you just dont have to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor to hit full throttle. its gay and there is no point to them.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (NYCautosport.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NYCautosport.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well you can do the same thing to decrease pedal travel using the stock "throttle cable adjustment nuts" duh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not the same principle at all. With the throttle cable adjustment nuts you start with the pulley (and thus the throttle) in a more open position (higher idle) and thus the accelerator needs only swing a percentage of the way (corresponding to the percentage the throttle position starts at) to reach WOT.

With a smaller pulley, the throttle has the best of both worlds: it can idle at 350rpms is you want it to, yet it takes less pedal sweep to hit WOT because the line represented by its effective circumference is smaller. The only real danger here is overextension of the pedal, which could break the throttle.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:15 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: (Archidictus)

ya i have my throttle cable adjusted to have all the play out of it just like everyone else.

but i asked about thse because i thought it might be a good way to increase throttle responce.

and i havent seen weapon R nor APC come out with one
Old 02-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hella_JDM)

id rock one. how much and where can i get one.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think venom has them or some other comapny, i just use the mad pimp gold one that came with my STR, as far as i am concered the smaller pulley you have on thie thing it is gonna be a little tricker to work, the one i that is on the STR is a little bigger than the stock but the spring that contorls the butterfly is a lot stiffer than the stock one and it has a lot better feel to it.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:34 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: (99blackcivicSi)

how much was ur str?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got the str and 100 bucks in exchange for my old exhaust it was new. But i think they go for like 250-310 pm allmotormama she will get you what you need
Old 02-10-2004, 08:52 PM
mike93eh

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and i havent seen weapon R nor APC come out with one</TD></TR></TABLE>

here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...78760
here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...96099
here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...64198
AND here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...86743

wow, i didnt know rice was making a comeback...
Old 02-10-2004, 09:03 PM
NW94RS

Default Re: (99blackcivicSi)

250 ******* dollar for a throttle pully got daMN
Old 02-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dc-2r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc-2r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">250 ******* dollar for a throttle pully got daMN</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you blind????? i said T/B not throttle pulley
Old 02-10-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (mike93eh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they dont do ****. they are stupid. companies like apc and weapon r are coming out with this kind of **** all the time trying to get the gullible ricers' money. all it does is this. lets say when you put this on, when you push the gas pedal halfway down to the floor, it is actually at wide open throttle. you just dont have to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor to hit full throttle. its gay and there is no point to them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

dx = Rd(theta)

where dx is change in distance,

R is the radius,

and d(theta) is the change in angular displacement [in radians].

Why don't you go play with this equation and then make another attempt at grasping this simple concept.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:26 PM
diearzte2

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (NOSpeed97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOSpeed97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dx = Rd(theta)

where dx is change in distance,

R is the radius,

and d(theta) is the change in angular displacement [in radians].

Why don't you go play with this equation and then make another attempt at grasping this simple concept.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This makes more sense if you just use the basic equation x = r (theta)

it is easier to see that x is going to be less when r is less because there is a direct correlation between the two.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (diearzte2)

technically all it does is decrease the pedal travel to obtain WOT.

Which is so gay I can't say enough.

Maybe for the drag queens out there...but for road racing and auto-x where throttle is vital, you need enough room to fluctuate accurately.

Old 02-10-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (Emerika)

wow it takes a whole .01 seconds for my foot to travel from 50% throttle to 100%. plus i bet controlling it would be more difficult.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow it takes a whole .01 seconds for my foot to travel from 50% throttle to 100%. plus i bet controlling it would be more difficult. </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly
Old 02-10-2004, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow it takes a whole .01 seconds for my foot to travel from 50% throttle to 100%. plus i bet controlling it would be more difficult. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You just defeated the purpose of your argument. Why do people bother to put intakes on their cars? It's not like it reduces your 1/4-mile time by a whole second does it? Neither does an exhaust. Neither does putting on a header. Hell, probably not even putting ALL of those things on.

I don't claim to be some hardcore racer, but I believe in the racing world, anything that can be done to cut the time is a good thing.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Solbros Owns Me

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOSpeed97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You just defeated the purpose of your argument. Why do people bother to put intakes on their cars? It's not like it reduces your 1/4-mile time by a whole second does it? Neither does an exhaust. Neither does putting on a header. Hell, probably not even putting ALL of those things on.

I don't claim to be some hardcore racer, but I believe in the racing world, anything that can be done to cut the time is a good thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you do not have the full range of the gas pedal to control throttle while turning.

Last thing you wanna do is give the car too much throttle when you don't want to.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (Hella_JDM)

if you want better throttle response, get a 7lb flywheel.

what's this ricer *** ****? oh yeah, ricer *** ****.

i like my current pedal travel, thanks. try heel toeing with that horseshit.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (SkyeC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.

i like my current pedal travel, thanks. try heel toeing with that horseshit.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'd like to buy this product also,...who makes it?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Anyone run a throttle pully???? (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you do not have the full range of the gas pedal to control throttle while turning.

Last thing you wanna do is give the car too much throttle when you don't want to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, even if that is the case for most, I am sure there does exist some good drivers out there who can compensate and still take advantage of having such a throttle pulley.

Old 02-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Well, even if that is the case for most, I am sure there does exist some good drivers out there who can compensate and still take advantage of having such a throttle pulley.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, and some racers can be almost just as fast with Matrix coilovers...whats your point?

Quick Reply: Anyone run a throttle pully????