Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat?

I think I want to get the ground control top hats for my agx's on my 92 civic dx sedan. It will be lowered about 2 inches. How much do they cost? Are they worth it? Has anyone used them and is there input on how much they help? I hear they are hard to get, where can I order them? Thanks in advance...
Old 04-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat? (PabloDiablo)

get straight from gc. $75 for both front. well worth the money.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat? (shakedown94)

Is there a way to relocate the top strut/shock mounts similar to the ground control top hat? I have neuspeed sport springs and I want to move the strut mout up an inch or so. I talked to ground control they said their product only works with coilovers. This is for a 1992 dx sedan...
Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 01:18 PM

Ive heard that the gc mount comes with a bumpstop in it. is that true?
Old 04-20-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Re: (95hatch)

Not entirely sure but I think it does not. There have been issues with fitment in these, but usually you can just trim the bumpstop to fit. I can't use them because they supposedly only work on coilovers according to the rep at ground control...
Old 04-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat? (PabloDiablo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PabloDiablo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there a way to relocate the top strut/shock mounts similar to the ground control top hat? I have neuspeed sport springs and I want to move the strut mout up an inch or so. I talked to ground control they said their product only works with coilovers. This is for a 1992 dx sedan...
Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the GC mounts DO come with bumpstops,
they are already shortened compared to stock, and are thinner to fit better inside of the mount.
And NO you cannot use normal springs, you must use 2.5" ID coilover/race springs.

There is an alternative, as posted above,
you take a stock upper strut mount, chop the top off, add a spacer to extend it, and weld it all up. vola, same thing as the gc's for a fraction of the cost.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat? (shakedown94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shakedown94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get straight from gc. $75 for both front. well worth the money. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ill sell mine. They are like emerikas. 55$ shipped if you send me yours.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat? (elwood)

I wish I could do that but my car is my daily driver and I can't go without if for even a day. I am staying in Los Angeles in some apartments for about a year so I can't do any fun fabrication projects. I'll wait till I'm back in Portland next year and I'll make some then. Thanks though!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can someone post a pic of this please
Old 04-20-2004, 05:30 PM

If you want a picture go on their website...www.ground-control.com
Old 04-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PabloDiablo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish I could do that but my car is my daily driver and I can't go without if for even a day. I am staying in Los Angeles in some apartments for about a year so I can't do any fun fabrication projects. I'll wait till I'm back in Portland next year and I'll make some then. Thanks though! </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you could buy elwoods,
send him your stocks after you recieve his modified ones.

of course he'd have to trust you to send em out, heh.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat? (Tad)

Trust, ****! I live in LA! Not only do I not trust anybody, but I would especially mistrust anyone that says they trust me! Just kidding, but I just moved here and I'll only be here a year so that's my philosophy as long as I'm down in so cal! Seriously though it would be cool to hook up with someon who wants to talk amateur honda ****. I am going to install my neuspeeds and my kyb's tomorrow as a noob by myself, and i'll wait till I get back to Portland to bust out the beads on some hand fabbed upper mounts with a bit of pipe welded in for shock travel. I'm gonna be swapping the springs and struts in the garage of my hoity toity apartments where they forbid working on vehicles to begin with. If they aks me what i'm doin' I can tell them they can kiss my *** cuz I'm not spilling any oil or making a mess. I guess that means I can't spill any oil or make a mess though, might be a challenge considering I'm gonna flush the brake system and swap in some axxel ultimates. I got the speedbleeders and have a hose with a bag so I figure I can do all that without spilling any brake fluid. Wish me luck!
Old 04-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know where to get/how much cost for ground control top hat? (MinesBiggerThanYours)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MinesBiggerThanYours &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want a picture go on their website...www.ground-control.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

if it was there i wouldnt be asking for it here, maybe i just over looked but i didnt find it
Old 04-24-2004, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was quoted at 100 a pair
Old 04-24-2004, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (phantom_sol)

just like the guy above, i was quoted 75 bucks for a pair, not sure how long ago that was though
peace
Old 04-24-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: (slowhatch4now)

they have a new price now... 99 bucks a pair! it sucks coz when i called 2 wks ago, they were only $75... i asked them if they could give them to me for 75 like they quoted me, they said no unless its in writing! i was like..mmkay
Old 04-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (milo)

I'll do all 4 for 75 if you supply the mounts....or 100 if I use some I have...all 4, any size you want