Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone Know where to find a Del Sol Transtop for Sale? Or Maybe some installation TIPS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Know where to find a Del Sol Transtop for Sale? Or Maybe some installation TIPS?

Hey Ya'll. I saved up a whole bunch of money, and i really want to purchase a Transtop device to automatically pull my top back on my EG2. Freaking hard to find a del sol with a original transtop. Or if you do it's expensive. Maybe someone knew a import shop that carries transtop device? Or maybe there is an after market one?

I also heard that If you have a non-transtop del sol, there is no way you can install one. Is that true?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone Know where to find a Del Sol Transtop for Sale? Or Maybe some installation TIPS? (Floatin

The only way your going to be able to find one is through an importer, you might even have to order it and wait a few months, they're very rare. Occassionally you kind find stuff like this on ebay but not often.

On another note my friend here in austin just got his complete eg2 last week and I went to tkae a look at it last night. It has the trans top and every other feature you can ask for on a jdm del sol....****** sickness.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Anyone Know where to find a Del Sol Transtop for Sale? Or Maybe some installation TIPS? (Floatin

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SirRevvs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
On another note my friend here in austin just got his complete eg2 last week and I went to tkae a look at it last night. It has the trans top and every other feature you can ask for on a jdm del sol....****** sickness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

PICS!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J.D.M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

PICS!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Meh too much hassle search trans top del sol on goole and you'll see one just like it . Its cool how the trunk opens, turn the key to the left and the trunk lifts up on electric actuators.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SirRevvs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Meh too much hassle search trans top del sol on goole and you'll see one just like it . Its cool how the trunk opens, turn the key to the left and the trunk lifts up on electric actuators.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pfft! I've seen a transtop, but I wanna see all the other features that make it teh "JDM sickness"
Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the transtop is cool but it adds extra parts and weight,i can get by manually taking the top off.would be a nice addition to a show car tho...
Old 07-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're better off importing a car from a country where Honda sold cars with the TransTop as a standard option than retrofitting it into a USDM car. It's cheaper and far less problematic. You need to replace the ECU, wiring harness, then graft the TT onto your manual rack by machining brackets & the rack to mate up to each other... assuming you don't just say nuts to all that and cut the Sols in half and mate the rear half of the TT Sol to your USDM Sol.

If you do get a TT, there's some Chinese place selling metal gears for some part of the TT that comes stock from Honda with a plastic gear that, over time, wears out, which causes the TT to stop working. God knows why that factory is churning them out given the small numbers of TT Del Sols out there, but from what I've read it's a worthy add-on for TT owners.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:25 PM

Yea it adds weight, but damn, in the summer time. Come to a red stop light. Hit the switch while the top drops back into the trunk. Tell me that wouldn't be bad. I bet i can break necks.