Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator?

anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (tr0n9h)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tr0n9h &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator?</TD></TR></TABLE>

There are ebay things i will try....like shift *****, keys and other non essential parts. Anything moving or essential to the motor like the radiator i wouldnt mess with cheaply. Although you could concieveably never ever have a problem with it, I would say your more prone to having leaks.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (FuNkDrSpOt)

yep the work awsome.... now by one and tell us how you like it so we can try them more often if they are good!
Old 10-28-2005, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 10-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dasda
Old 10-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one...hasn't given me any problems and soon I'll be boosting. I love it. Perfect fitment and it looks sexy. Got it for 150 shipped....I laugh at people who spend 300-400 on a stupid hunk of aluminum.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (_gurusan_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have one...hasn't given me any problems and soon I'll be boosting. I love it. Perfect fitment and it looks sexy. Got it for 150 shipped....I laugh at people who spend 300-400 on a stupid hunk of aluminum.

nice clean civic !
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (b204dr)

Hey _gurusan_ hook me up with a link
That's not a bad looking unit.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (mwieczorek43)

I got a lucky deal for 150 shipped...I dunno why he listed it that low. Anyway it's the same one that streetimports.com sells, they are a HT sponsor and I think they sell these for 149+40 shipping.

Here is the link to the auction that I won, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AIT

It looks like he doesn't have any listed but you could try emailing him.

Thanks for the compliment b204dr
Old 10-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW I recommend this radiator it's awesome...especially for boosted setups
Old 10-28-2005, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuNkDrSpOt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are ebay things i will try....like shift *****, keys and other non essential parts. Anything moving or essential to the motor like the radiator i wouldnt mess with cheaply. Although you could concieveably never ever have a problem with it, I would say your more prone to having leaks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the day people get out of this mindset is the day that import parts actually start getting reasonable in price. too many people think a brand name is the only way to go, and so to them its justified paying 3x the price. companies know this and jack the price up becuase they realize kids will pay it.

ebay parts
Old 10-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (91civicDXdude)

werd.

Go ahead and spend 400 on a chunk of metal. While you're at it go buy a 4000 dollar turbo kit and 2000 dollar rims.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the day people get out of this mindset is the day that import parts actually start getting reasonable in price. too many people think a brand name is the only way to go, and so to them its justified paying 3x the price. companies know this and jack the price up becuase they realize kids will pay it.

ebay parts </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont just think that because its ebay, i think that because there is no recourse for you if you buy off ebay and it ends up ****. Thats the story of life: you get what you pay for. Did i say paying 3x the price for a radiator? No, but I can guarantee you that the rate of defects from ebay made items would probably be a lot greater than a company like Koyo.

Thats coo that the guy had some good results with an ebay radiator, but you do all realize that the guy has had the radiator for about a month? So, of course its not going to give you problems 1 month into having the item.

I dont know what import parts prices your referring to but they are actually quite reasonable. Consider the fact that you can get many, MANY import parts for cheaper than the new stock prices, AND they perform better than stock. Having said that, i dont understand your price gouging you aledge. The only area i can see where price gouging exists is with seats and japanese parts like Toda and Spoon (spoon sells radiator hoses for $305 when they sell for $35 from Honda, RIP-OFF!!....but they're blue!....damn decisions!)
Old 10-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuNkDrSpOt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I dont know what import parts prices your referring to but they are actually quite reasonable. Consider the fact that you can get many, MANY import parts for cheaper than the new stock prices, AND they perform better than stock. Having said that, i dont understand your price gouging you aledge. The only area i can see where price gouging exists is with seats and japanese parts like Toda and Spoon (spoon sells radiator hoses for $305 when they sell for $35 from Honda, RIP-OFF!!....but they're blue!....damn decisions!)</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree and disagree with you.
Yes aftermarket prices are better than factory or oem prices...
Spoon & Toda etc do charge way-to-much money for there parts (but kids pay the prices).

But!! Why is it that a set of 8 pistons for my small-block chevy costs half the price of a set of 4 for my Honda?? Same brand, same material etc.
Why? There is actually less material being used. And Im willing to bet shipping-cost will be like half price b/c 350 pistons are heavy. It's simply b/c all of the import kids will pay rediculous amounts of money to get the parts. I hate it.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got the ebay radiator too!!! well let see how long it last until it start leeking.. that when i start to recrement it or not!!! never hurt to try something new....
Old 10-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (mwieczorek43)

true that.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the day people get out of this mindset is the day that import parts actually start getting reasonable in price. too many people think a brand name is the only way to go, and so to them its justified paying 3x the price. companies know this and jack the price up becuase they realize kids will pay it.

ebay parts </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree 100%

the same goes for exhaust manifolds. Before i ever got into the honda scene i took 2 years of welding at my high school vocational center, the second i found out that kids were paying 400 dollars for a header, it blew my mind. You have companies like JUN and TODA that spend time researching and developing parts for our hondas. When you buy one of these products you pay for the research and engineering.

then you have some tig welder with a tape measure, a band saw, and a welding machine. He copies the dimensions and replicates the product and sells it for less than half the price of the "original" I am never going to pay 400 dollars for a header, nor am i going to ever spend over 200 dollars on an exhaust. Bottom line, it's metal piping with a muffler on it.

The same goes for a radiator, I am sure that the fab shop purchases the radiator coils/fins/whatever from some machine ship, and then they cut it and weld it up to the right specs of our vehicles. It's metal and has no moving parts, what can go wrong?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FuNkDrSpOt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont just think that because its ebay, i think that because there is no recourse for you if you buy off ebay and it ends up ****. Thats the story of life: you get what you pay for. Did i say paying 3x the price for a radiator? No, but I can guarantee you that the rate of defects from ebay made items would probably be a lot greater than a company like Koyo.

Thats coo that the guy had some good results with an ebay radiator, but you do all realize that the guy has had the radiator for about a month? So, of course its not going to give you problems 1 month into having the item.

I dont know what import parts prices your referring to but they are actually quite reasonable. Consider the fact that you can get many, MANY import parts for cheaper than the new stock prices, AND they perform better than stock. Having said that, i dont understand your price gouging you aledge. The only area i can see where price gouging exists is with seats and japanese parts like Toda and Spoon (spoon sells radiator hoses for $305 when they sell for $35 from Honda, RIP-OFF!!....but they're blue!....damn decisions!)</TD></TR></TABLE>

You make it sound like ebay is a brand name or something. THe radiator that I have has been sold on honda-tech for some time now, and not 1 person has had a problem, there are several other companies that sell the same radiator and I have yet to hear problems from their customers either.

Ebay is just a middle man, they don't get the products.

and how can a radiator fail? It can leak sure, but this one is all aluminum and you can see the welding quality on it. It's not leaking, and I'm willing to be that it never will
Old 10-28-2005, 05:11 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Hey Gurusan, areu using the stock fan with that Rad or an aftermarket one?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (rukawa1one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rukawa1one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Gurusan, areu using the stock fan with that Rad or an aftermarket one?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm using a 12'' slim fan.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:42 PM

i noticed that you have a b-series engine in your car and the outlets for the radiator is only 1 1/8" while the outlet for the engine is 1 1/4" for b-series. How did you get it to clamp correctly? A while back, i would have bought these radiators for my car if it had the correct inlet/outlet size, but i couldn't find any full aluminum ones on ebay that had the right outlet size.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had one in my beater for a while.also installed a few in customer cars.no problems at all.
from what i've seen,the ones you get on Ebay,the ones sold here by sponsors,etc are all the same units.hell,they may even be the same thing as some of the high-end,name brand ones.
Chris
Old 10-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator? (mingbling96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mingbling96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i noticed that you have a b-series engine in your car and the outlets for the radiator is only 1 1/8" while the outlet for the engine is 1 1/4" for b-series. How did you get it to clamp correctly? A while back, i would have bought these radiators for my car if it had the correct inlet/outlet size, but i couldn't find any full aluminum ones on ebay that had the right outlet size. </TD></TR></TABLE>

There are adapters that you can use ...it's basically just a very small piece of silicone hose that fits inside the b-series Rad. hose, and the inner diameter of the diameter is that of the d-series outlet.

However, I didn't use an adapter...I just clamped down the B-series hoses over the smaller outlets...no leaks...works fine.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You make it sound like ebay is a brand name or something. THe radiator that I have has been sold on honda-tech for some time now, and not 1 person has had a problem, there are several other companies that sell the same radiator and I have yet to hear problems from their customers either.

Ebay is just a middle man, they don't get the products.

and how can a radiator fail? It can leak sure, but this one is all aluminum and you can see the welding quality on it. It's not leaking, and I'm willing to be that it never will</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ebay doesnt stock their own **** but that's what makes the transaction have the potential to go so sour. Your not the only one to find out that ebay offers cheap **** with little or no recourse if **** goes wrong, a lot of scam artists have found that out too.

If there's a good ebay seller then great. It seems like the stuff was quality. I was just referring to ebay **** in general. In general you take a risk buying from ebay since all people can do is comment for about 30 characters and you have no real way to enforce any warranty given to you.

Again, if you found a reputable person, good ****, i might buy from them too then. But far too many scam artists put up half assed **** in ebay.

Would i ever buy a $400 radiator? Maybe if i had the money to blow and i had done EVERYTHING else to my car, sure. I'm more inclinded to buy an Acura integra radiator, or a del sol radiator for that matter for $150 than i am a aluminum one.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You have a point....but there are many ways to protect yourself against scammers on ebay.

Not to mention if you buy with paypal through ebay, then you get a 100% money back guarantee (if you pay the extra like 3% fee).

I've had several hundred ebay transactions and I've only had 1 person try funny business on me....and I got my money back. I learned from that one to always buy from reputable sellers, and ALWAYS use paypal.

And I had a del sol VTEC radiator that i just sold....but I needed something that will stand up to the abuse of a turbo b16.

To each his own.

Quick Reply: anyone ever try the ebay aluminium radiator?