Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ANYONE with a EG

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE with a EG

If you have dropped you Hatchie let me know. I need to know the difference with the ride with a Coilover Kit and Sleeves and Shocks. I am at the point where it's time to drop my car.

I won't be raising it at all but I don' t want a bumpy ride.

Respond if you have the kit or sleeves and would have wished you tried something else. I have sixteens running 205/40/16 Fuzions. Let me know.....
Old 10-01-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Re: ANYONE with a EG (94HatchbackSI)

do a full coil over setup , i would rec. omnipower coil overs , there are not that exp, ($650.00) new and they are awesome !!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:27 AM
New User

Default Re: ANYONE with a EG (lsed-eg)

why coil overs if you aren't gonna adjust the height? Get a nice pair of H&R's or neuspeeds, with koni's or kyb agx's. I enjoyed springs much more than my coil over setup
Old 10-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsed-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do a full coil over setup , i would rec. omnipower coil overs , there are not that exp, ($650.00) new and they are awesome !!!!!!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

This will give you the best ride ever.
But if you don't have that much to spend i would get TOCKICO struts (adjustables) and some good coilovers.
Thats what i got and it rides stiff and awesome. My car is 2in from the ground too.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:44 AM
EK22snatch

Default Re: ANYONE with a EG (TwoPointZero)

adjustability 0wns. id hate to have a slammed car and not be able to raise it back to stock height for those horrible trips through shitty roads
Old 10-01-2004, 08:48 AM

i have tokico illumina r coilovers. great ride, height adjustability and 5 way dampining control. 900 bucks roughly. great buy.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do coilovers so you can drop it as low as you want and raise it for the track!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 09:09 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsed-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do a full coil over setup , i would rec. omnipower coil overs , there are not that exp, ($650.00) new and they are awesome !!!!!!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Or he can wait until Omni-Power comes out with their adjustable damper kit.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mafioso102 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why coil overs if you aren't gonna adjust the height? Get a nice pair of H&R's or neuspeeds, with koni's or kyb agx's. I enjoyed springs much more than my coil over setup</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you have a true coilover kit? Or were they just the sleeves?
Old 10-01-2004, 10:03 AM

Default Re: ANYONE with a EG (TallAssFilipino)

ehhh i have Neuspeed sports on the Lude... its an awsome ride... i want coils though... i want BIG DROP.... so i certainly regret getting springs...
Old 10-01-2004, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94HatchbackSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have dropped you Hatchie let me know. I need to know the difference with the ride with a Coilover Kit and Sleeves and Shocks. I am at the point where it's time to drop my car.

I won't be raising it at all but I don' t want a bumpy ride.

Respond if you have the kit or sleeves and would have wished you tried something else. I have sixteens running 205/40/16 Fuzions. Let me know..... </TD></TR></TABLE>
I have Vogtland Springs with Kyb AGXs. Smooth ride, feels stock but stiffer. No bumpiness at all. Handles great and rides great, I couldnt ask for me. I highly recommend VOGTLAND
Old 10-01-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ANYONE with a EG (KarbinFourteen)

A lot of people buy coilovers, and adjust them by eyeballing. Coilovers were designed to allow you to corner weigh your car dispite what some manufacturers lead you to beleive. Your car weighs different at all 4 corners, and evening them out can greatly increase your handling. Especially left to right. Throwing a set of coilovers on, without corner balancing will most likely throw the weight off even more than they already were which will have a negative impact on the handling. It could even cause your car to pull a certain direction at high speeds. A lot of people never consider this. The center of gravity is lower, so the car does handle somewhat better. On the other hand it's not balanced, makes it unpredicatable, and unsafe.

Cliff notes: shock/spring combo is a safer choice
Old 10-01-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Re: ANYONE with a EG (wilsel)

I went cheap for now and im riding on some Tein S-tech's with KYB GR-2 Shocks. I love the ride and it handles even better now!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:43 PM

Default Re: ANYONE with a EG (mafioso102)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mafioso102 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why coil overs if you aren't gonna adjust the height? Get a nice pair of H&R's or neuspeeds, with koni's or kyb agx's. I enjoyed springs much more than my coil over setup</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I was going to get shocks I would run Koni Yellows. They'll last for a while (just like other shocks) but when it's time to replace them I don't want to fork out another $600. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilsel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A lot of people buy coilovers, and adjust them by eyeballing. Coilovers were designed to allow you to corner weigh your car dispite what some manufacturers lead you to beleive. Your car weighs different at all 4 corners, and evening them out can greatly increase your handling. Especially left to right. Throwing a set of coilovers on, without corner balancing will most likely throw the weight off even more than they already were which will have a negative impact on the handling. It could even cause your car to pull a certain direction at high speeds. A lot of people never consider this. The center of gravity is lower, so the car does handle somewhat better. On the other hand it's not balanced, makes it unpredicatable, and unsafe.

Cliff notes: shock/spring combo is a safer choice
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn, I didn't think about that. I do want to time my car when I do the B18C5 swap so I should run coilovers right?

(Correct me if I'm wrong) but if I run gas shocks they get used to the coilover compression and will have a hard time decompressing when I need to raise it, right?

Weight is a factor to me but so is stability.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the omni full coilovers and i love them
but with any suspesion if you lower your car a lot it will be a bumpy ride
Old 10-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Click the link in my sig. 2" drop with Progress Springs and Tokico 'Blues'. As a daily driver it rides nice, but for auto-x it's not enough.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had an 1.5 drop on all four using Neuspeed Sports w/ Tokico Blues. It was a really smooth ride.

If I was to do it all over again though, I'd spend a lot more than the cheap set up.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:00 PM

Your best ride with efficency in mind would be a nice set of springs and more importantly good struts.