Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors???

Just like the subject says.. Now I'll prob get flamed for this but I don't give a FUCC!! I'm damn near 30 and married with a kid to be more worried about buying the real deal. I just want to know how there quality is. Shoots $50 why not if there built decent. Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...31437
Old 01-29-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (MIZIKETSK)

i like them i dont think they look bad...

how bout you get them and write a review for everyone on here...
Old 01-29-2004, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (degooser)

dont get them! they suck and crack easily!

They crack because you can't adjust them from the inside of the car. You have to adjust it by sticking your hand out the window and push the mirror itself. They crack easily from just adjusting it.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (boredracer408)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boredracer408 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont get them! they suck and crack easily!

They crack because you can't adjust them from the inside of the car. You have to adjust it by sticking your hand out the window and push the mirror itself. They crack easily from just adjusting it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah but he's asking about the power mirrors not the non-motorized. Get'em nobody will really notice unless they have a real set themselves. Like me!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (dfunkd)

i bought the non power ones fer my eg and there fine and looks nice
Old 01-30-2004, 09:53 AM

Thanks for all the info. It's still very temtping to get. (Hella Cheap). I'm not worried about having a fake copy it's basically for looks and durability. If I do decide to get it I'll definelty do a write up on them.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (boredracer408)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boredracer408 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont get them! they suck and crack easily!

They crack because you can't adjust them from the inside of the car. You have to adjust it by sticking your hand out the window and push the mirror itself. They crack easily from just adjusting it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is an easy way to not crack the mirror. There is a circular base whre the mirror sits on, push that area, not the edge of the glass where it is unsupported
Old 01-30-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (Civiclx)

guys have any hints to adjust them i have them and like them but the mirrors are hard to adjust
Old 01-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (SiRcyrusEH2)

can anyone vouch for their visibility?
i recently drove a kids car with M3 mirrors, and the seriously lacked visibility
Old 01-30-2004, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (igo4bmx)

repost but a good one. this is a good way to adjust spoon replica mirrors. worked for me.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=468392
Old 01-30-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (htcsi)

Damn guys STOP JACKING THE THEAD. We are talking about POWER MIRRORS here. I am very interested to see if anyone actually has the fake sp00m POWER MIRRORS and what their feelings are.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:47 AM

i bought.em for 40
Old 02-01-2004, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (mrctr)

There is a step up from the Ebay mirrors, but still way cheaper than Spoon; there called Elegante by TYC. This company costs a little more than the $40-$50 Ebay mirrors, but they have power mirrors as well as manual and they are much better quality than the cheapest replicas.

Occasionally you might see these on Ebay, but some import shops sell them too. I have heard that they have stopped making them, but I am sure there are still plenty around. I have a hook up at a shop which sells them, PM me if your interested. THanks
Old 02-01-2004, 05:27 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (2000Ek)

I have the power Ebay spoon replicas. Actually I have both the power and non-power replicas. I can attest that the visibilty on both are the same. They both suck (passenger side mainly). Also just so you know the power mirrors don't have a harness. So you'll have to cut the harness off you stock mirrors and and wire it onto the replicas. Luckily I had some old EG power mirrors lying around so I cut the harness off those and made it work. But otherwise I can't complain, I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I have a theory about "cosmetics". I'll buy knock-off cosmetics I.E. mirrors and lips. But, I don't cheap out on the parts that actually matter. I.E. motor, suspension, brakes, etc....... Just my $.02
Old 02-01-2004, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (SIRIUS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIRIUS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the power Ebay spoon replicas. Actually I have both the power and non-power replicas. I can attest that the visibilty on both are the same. They both suck (passenger side mainly). Also just so you know the power mirrors don't have a harness. So you'll have to cut the harness off you stock mirrors and and wire it onto the replicas. Luckily I had some old EG power mirrors lying around so I cut the harness off those and made it work. But otherwise I can't complain, I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I have a theory about "cosmetics". I'll buy knock-off cosmetics I.E. mirrors and lips. But, I don't cheap out on the parts that actually matter. I.E. motor, suspension, brakes, etc....... Just my $.02
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The ones I speak of have a harness and are just plug and play. That's why I say they are a step up from the Ebay mirrors.

Your theory about cosmetics, is right on.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They are still listed on TYC's website so they still make them. they do look good though
Old 02-01-2004, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

currently i have a 97 civic hatch cx, and some jerk off hit my car mirror and ruined it, so i actually have to get new ones.. I was wondering, if i get power mirrors, how would i hook them up? What else would i need? Also, when they say power, do they mean they fold, or what?

edit - Can someone give me a link to the "spoon replicas" we are talking about, except for the EK? i see like 2 diff kinds on ebay. Also, is carbon fiber easy to paint, if i did happen to come across a pair of real spoons for cheap (yea right!) LOL. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are still listed on TYC's website so they still make them. they do look good though</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just ordered them online for $37 shipped for the power carbon fiber ones since my OEM are worn. I will take pics and let everyone know my feelings on them. Can't go wrong for $37 I feel.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (King Tut33)

i got the spoon knock off power mirrors for my 92 si. i had the manual ones before and i broke the passenger side mirror and used a replacement mirror kit from kragen that i cut to fix. anyways .... so when i got the power ones i sanded down the edges ( less then a quarter inch all around off ) of the mirrors to make them a lil smaller so they can move around without hitting the housing. they work great and i dont have to stick my hand out my window to adjust.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (woccowocco)

37 dollars for carbon fiber powered mirrors? i wonder if they are real cf or the fake simulated stuff apc uses......you got those from ebay? these new or used mirrors your referring to on ebay?
Old 02-01-2004, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors??? (EKchump)

They are new. They are the TYC Elegante ones mentioned above. I got them from a website. I am sure they are fake carbon fiber.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by King Tut33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are new. They are the TYC Elegante ones mentioned above. I got them from a website. I am sure they are fake carbon fiber.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, they are just a carbon fiber print. You can tell they are not CF, but they don't look that bad. And if it bothers anyone that much, the mirrors can be sanded down and painted.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:12 AM

Exactly. That is what I plan to do if I don't like the carbon fiber look.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:14 AM

Welp, I got the mirrors as I said I would. Not sure if I like the CF look yet, they might end up being CBP:

Old 02-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I actually really like the CF mirrors.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy the eBay Spoon copy power mirrors???