Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them?

I'm up in Ottawa and have been trying to call them for the past week to see if they have a c/f upper wing in stock and their fonrt c/f lip in stock for a 92 hatch. They are A BITCH to get ahold of and I really need this cause if they dont have it at a good price then I have to order Spoon from japan and that is a easy 3 month wait!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (SPOOLIN)

lip is a waste of money....like 3 or 400 for a ****** stupid lip that will scrape...the stock plastic piece if light enough...wow the whole 1 lbs.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (95civiccoupe31)

lip is a waste of money....like 3 or 400 for a ****** stupid lip that will scrape...the stock plastic piece if light enough...wow the whole 1 lbs.
...maybe if you didnt cut your springs with y0 bling bling chromes and tezzas, you car wouldnt scrape.

benen quality is by far one of the best ive seen.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:38 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (maks)

hmmm, even if he didn't cut his springs, the lip will scrape.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:38 AM

95 ej H&R race springs... 195/55/14 Falken azenis on stock rims brotha....bling bling haha
Old 08-22-2002, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (95civiccoupe31)

K guys realx. Im happy that Im a mod back on our home town board.

Its not about lightweight, its about being different then every other honda that I compete agaisnt. I went threw my book of eg's that I compete agisnt from mainly canada to a few in the states. There are 84 in total that I have pics of and only 2 have a REAL c/f duckbill and lip. Im so sick of fancy body kits and ****. I want it clean and simple. I have coil overs that are capable of 6" front and rear and I drive SLAMMED all the time so if its gonna hit. Ill raise my car. I would NEVER on purpose try to ruin it anyways. I drive pretty safe even with a 12 sec car i do the speed limit everywhere.

When I FINALLY get it and install it and for any reason I crack it. I will; be pissed but next time Ill buy the stupid ww rs lip and suffer.

Anyways back to Benen!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:49 AM

*** benen...all for show...that damn strong bar does not work!
Old 08-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

talked to some guy that bought a benen spoon lip and he told me that if u crack it you can send it back to them and they'll send u a new one. something about benen saying that their c/f parts won't crack. but ask benen first about this before buying, this is just what i've been told.
i have an eg6 that i'm building. replicating Spoon's eg6. i get all my c/f parts from ViS racing. by far, their hoods are the best i've ever seen. the same quality goes for their Spoon duckbill copies. as of right now i have ViS's copy of the mugen lip but in c/f. as far as i know i am the only one with it, and the quality on that is also one of the best out their. i was told that he is in the process of making the Spoon lip. email me if u have any questions also have pix. mritr883@yahoo.com
Old 08-22-2002, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (sir jdm)

Thanks man, you got mail!
Old 08-22-2002, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you're an idiot. please explain what you expected it to do...
Old 08-22-2002, 10:49 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (chainsaw)

i'm getting sick of seeing his stupid posts

you're an idiot. please explain what you expected it to do...
Old 08-22-2002, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call http://www.aj-racing.com

get a real spoon or other JDM wing or lip, its much cheaper then Benen, will be as no PST or Customs

or if you want talk to Leo (good guy), he has some Spoon wings in stock
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=215724
Old 08-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (chainsaw)

Yes VIS is making a wing for hatches that supposedly mimics the spoon. I'm in the process of securing one for my car. I have their hood and fitment and quality is one of the best I've seen so I'm confident the wing will fit the same way.

I'll purchase the lip as well when they release it (IF it isn't released already).
Old 08-22-2002, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (DxHatchback)

i'm getting sick of seeing his stupid posts
Old 08-22-2002, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (Apex i ITR)

Ya I talked to Allen and for me since Im in Ontario I have to deal with Speedsdtar which is still all good but only wings in stock. Prices are everywhere with everyone but I can live w/o a spoon wing for now but my I have no bumper and its cruch time to decide what I REALLY REALLY want on my car. I was thinking Bomex but 2 of my friends alone in Ottawa have the bumper. Bomex makes a lip but its not that nice.

VIS makes good stuff. They are slow as hell in getting it out but when and where did you hear about them making spoon copy c/f front lips. As I already know about their c/f duckbills??

Thanks
Old 08-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (ridge racer 2)

preach on, brutha
Old 08-22-2002, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (ridge racer 2)

HAHA...PREACH ON BROTHA MALCOM

First off VIS does'nt make ****. They import it from companies in taiwan and hong kong that make ripoff versions of everything including spoon.

VIS was when I delt with them and most likely still is a perveyor of mostly crap items.

CF lips will reduce the ground clearance in front by about 2in. which in most cases will cause the front on even a stock car to scrape occasionally much less a lowered one.

Spoon lips and they're Benen copies were designed for race track use. Not street use. They are prone to crack/split when used on the street.

Which is why I only recommend Wings West urethane lips. Because they look good, can take a beating and are relatively inexpensive and last a very long time.

Race only parts are for trailer queens. If you drive on the street with these parts you might as well open up you gas cap and stuff in a bunch of 100 dollar bills.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its not about lightweight, its about being different then every other honda that I compete agaisnt. I went threw my book of eg's that I compete agisnt from mainly canada to a few in the states. There are 84 in total that I have pics of and only 2 have a REAL c/f duckbill and lip. Im so sick of fancy body kits and ****.
hmm..funny..u want a spoon lip..a race splitter..to be "different" in a show? too LOOK different from the rest? come on bro get real. and then u guys are scared when a *race splitter*..gets scuffed up..like it will on a track.lol
Old 08-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man, if you are looking for somthing different, how baout a CWEST front bumper, i have never seen any of those. I can get you the real deal straight from Japan
Or there is the Backyard Special front bumper with CF lip, very mild mild stlying
If you are intersted Pm me or meial me at zc911@hotmail.com

OR

You can call up REV here in toronto 905 201 0012, ask fro Roger, tell him Rob with the perverted peach pearl hatch sent you They can get you benon adn spoons as well as other JDM compaines CF parts

[Modified by zc911, 8:56 PM 8/22/2002]
Old 08-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (zc911)

Rob with the converted peach pearl hatch sent you
lol ok
Old 08-22-2002, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (vtecvoodoo)

hahah PERVERTED Spelling mistake

[Modified by zc911, 9:04 PM 8/22/2002]
Old 08-22-2002, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them? (DxHatchback)

hmmm, even if he didn't cut his springs, the lip will scrape.
youre not very good with sarcasm are you little one?
Old 08-22-2002, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fock da vis duckbill i have it juss got it 3 days ago fits like shiet scrapes everytime i lift up the hatch (weave is good thou) and benen is top notch but when i called too get there stuff 4 mnth back order on all there carbon fiber stuff, but if yer lookin for spoon duckbill i know a guy who has a bunch in stock i think there lik 435.00 pm me ill give yah the guys info
Old 08-22-2002, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha, your an idiot....

all their pieces are functional, NOT designed for show, only reason they can pass for show parts is their attention to detail and strict QC.

is it wrong to have both FUNCTION and FASHION/FORM?
Old 08-22-2002, 03:03 PM

Thank you to everyone that has replied and to the **** who maybe, maybe not was being sarcastic about me wanting to be different. To each his own. Dont tell me that every benen or spoon lip is only used at the track. I am aware that spoon sports first developed it for track use but Im sure 50% of them are used daily. Im just sick of going to car shows and seing the same crap over and over and it will help our shop by being differnt then everyone else.

My car runs 12's daily w/o probles. I have a very unique look. Its all done with top notch quality parts, many which are real jdm. I am a hardcore tuner and there is nothing I like more then a very well done car that can hold its own. For me to go to the track run mid 12's daily then go to a show the next day and place first/second out of 30 to 40 hatches in my class makes me smile. You can have your cake and eat it to. Plus my car has won 2 second best of show awards this year both times being against over 200 cars!

I dont care if the lip scrape's, Thats tough **** for me and I will deal with it. I had a r34 style bumper and it hit everything so I sold it. I have a rs ww lip and really I dont like it. I also sold my other ww big mouth bumper so its time for change. Either way it will all work out in the end. My spoon spoiler will be here in 3 weeks and my new bumper is on order as well.

Thanks to everyone that helped. and the boy from t.o! Your car was at darknights was it not cause by the description I saw you in the field maybe near the BRIGHT green hatch?

Quick Reply: Anyone from BENEN or that can get in toutch with them?