Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anybody who has baught a B16a1 in the past 6 months from Osaka please reply

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody who has baught a B16a1 in the past 6 months from Osaka please reply

Hi there im extremly interested in buying the b16a1 for my 91 civic si, ive heard alot of bad and alot of good from them. Please let me know your relatively new encounters and experiance with them. Also if anybody else knows of a place selling the b16 kits for a decent price please give me the site so i may check them out aswell thanks :D
Old 08-24-2003, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Anybody who has baught a B16a1 in the past 6 months from Osaka please reply (Luka)

I've never purchased from them, but think about this for a minute:

After reading so many posts about how bad they are with engines, customer service, and part replacements, why would you still consider purchasing from them??

If you're gonna spend a good chunk of change on an engine or motor, wouldn't you expect it to be in great condition? You might end up spending hundreds more trying to fix-up things that could soon wear out or break on one of these "competitively priced" engines. Basically, don't cheap out on something you're gonna be relying on on a day-to-day basis.

Sorry, i'm sure there are a couple guys that have bought stuff from them, and everything was cool. But whenever i hear their name, the first thing that pops into my head are all the horror stories. That alone would prevent me from doing business with them.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Anybody who has baught a B16a1 in the past 6 months from Osaka please reply (Luka)

hey try checking out noyan usa. they have a sick warranty and i was just down there getting my front clip. theyre great guys and the largest importer on the east coast. huge warehouse. http://www.noyanusa.com
Old 08-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where have you heard good about osaka?
Old 08-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody who has baught a B16a1 in the past 6 months from Osaka please reply (Kamin)

osaka = boo
Old 08-24-2003, 11:03 PM

alright thanks alot guys... the only thing is a person that got a good engine and good service doesnt really come around on a rant about how good it was... so thats why u dont see as many.. mebe.. lol or mebe im jsut an idiot lol thanks for the link ill check them out :D
Old 08-24-2003, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you notice, people stories about Osucka involve the motor being shipped to them, and everyone that chimes in with having a good experiance has gone to the warehouse and picked it out and up themselves. So since you're in Canada, try going there, and once you have your motor, punch that bitch in the face for ripping off so many people.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:43 AM

hahahahah dope well if im gona assult him i might aswell take the engine for myself... heres lookin at you kid its in honor of all of the ones that have been fucked over by ocrapa
Old 08-25-2003, 12:52 AM

whew!

thnx alot fellahs, i was just about to call my dad about ordering a engine from osaka.

I read the FAQ on their site saying they got their engines from junkyards and i'm like o_0

BTW, if osaka ISNT a good place to get an engine... who is?
Old 08-25-2003, 03:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody who has baught a B16a1 in the past 6 months from Osaka please reply (substance)

I've had my GSR for about 6 months now. I did the research before I purhased the motor.

There are probably 15 complaints to every 1 satisifed customer with osaka.
You can read through the archived threads for yourself.

osaka
Old 08-25-2003, 04:18 AM

Here is my take...

I am 2 hours way from Osaka. Unless I go pick something up MYSELF, I would NOT order anything from them.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Skyllz)

i know 2 people that got b swaps from osaka. the engines were good (i mean there honda) but both swaps came with tore up (unusable) axles and even one of the swaps had 2 left axles and no right one. haha i have also heard of someone getting an sr20det sent to them and it had a damn fist size hole in the block with the rod sticking out of it. they replaced the engine but still they didnt even check the damn thing out before he got it. i say stay away unless you are picking it out yourself like everyone else is saying

edit: BTW the prices they give are only for the engines. the rest of the parts (axles, ecu, shift linkage, etc) cost extra and are added on to the engine price. they have a clever way of disquising their swap prices to seem too good to pass up
Old 08-25-2003, 07:00 AM

wow thanks alot... so realistically what am i looking at for all part engine,ecu,shiftlinkage and everything needed? in canadian currency lol
Old 08-25-2003, 07:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Osaka ******* sucks *** - case closed.

If you buy an engine from them you are a retard. I will not even waste my time doing a search under their name because I already know it will yield over 50 srious complaints about them. I'm not talking about "my TPS was broken" but more like:

1. engine was completely water logged
2. no axles, ECU, shift linkage, etc.
3. no compression on 3 cylinders
4. wrong tranny

Those are just quick lists of things I've seen numerous times from Osaka.

I'm locking this one down because there's nothing more to say than Osaka JDM Motors is nothing but a fradulent rip-off company.