Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ANY help with Push button ignition appreciated!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANY help with Push button ignition appreciated!!

So i tried it on my own, and the ignition worked, for the most part. but blew the fuse after a while and i had to unhook it. Never did get the start button to work... Can ANYONE get me a diagram to do this? Or step by step instructions. I just cant seem to simulate the operation of the key.

P.S. I am aware of the steering lock as well, will deal with that after. Unless someone knows how to defeat that as well...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ANY help with Push button ignition appreciated!!

It's not hard to do. The problem is that you need to find another way to immobilizer the car if you plan on wiring around it and the steering lock, otherwise all someone has to do is hop in and push the button. If you've noticed the new vehicles with push button start have the transmitter built in with the immobilizer that unless the key is in range it won't start the car when you push the button. I'd highly suggest just leaving the steering lock hooked up and needing the car to start the car, otherwise you'll just be making it easier for thieves.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ANY help with Push button ignition appreciated!!

Originally Posted by The_Honda_Guy
It's not hard to do. The problem is that you need to find another way to immobilizer the car if you plan on wiring around it and the steering lock, otherwise all someone has to do is hop in and push the button. If you've noticed the new vehicles with push button start have the transmitter built in with the immobilizer that unless the key is in range it won't start the car when you push the button. I'd highly suggest just leaving the steering lock hooked up and needing the car to start the car, otherwise you'll just be making it easier for thieves.
Ok i will leave the steering lock. But can you give me some direction in the wiring?