Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 03:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One...

...And that would be me.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm a tad slow at keeping things "normal" here but I'm new to the modding thing, so it might take a bit to get adjusted.

Anyways, I sure could use any of you for help. If you happen to come across a thread that is seemingly useless, or a member that is seemengly useless, let me know via IM feature.

Anything I can do to help this forum out?

Let me know. I'm willing to do whatever you guys feel needs to be done in order to make the EG+Civic/Del Sol forum better (if that's possible) so let me know.

Antonio got a WRX and he says that he doesn't visit this part of H-T much, so he figured I could handle the duties as mod seeing as how I freaking live here anyways.

Well, see you all around.

Old 09-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (B18C5-EH2)

LOL. everyone strap down for the ride
Old 09-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Former Moderator

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (jonas)

What ride y0?

Old 09-07-2002, 03:14 PM
JV
Who?

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (B18C5-EH2)

Oh man, Mr.DragIIAntonioEvilSuarez is gone...

Well, you'll do a good job Tom. Congrats and good luck...
Old 09-07-2002, 03:15 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ride y0?

yOuR eG6 fOo!
Old 09-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What ride y0?

just F'n around. you should be a lawyer, not a moderator.
tell them n00bs off with 8 paragraphs
Old 09-07-2002, 03:17 PM
New User

Old 09-07-2002, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (jonas)

Thats great Tom, (nothing against Antonio) but youv got some great knowledge and like to help out peeps.....Congrats!!!

I think the board will now be a better place
Old 09-07-2002, 03:21 PM
Please don't hurt me!

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (TheRedSkoolingBus)

Old 09-07-2002, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (Paul Walker)

I feel compelled to preface my remarks with the following: From the fog and mist of A newbie's whinges rises the leering grimace of Stalinism. First, the misinformation: A newbie suggests that anyone who resists him deserves to be crushed. Where the heck did he come up with that? There aren't enough hours in the day to fully answer that question, but consider this: A newbie has a strategy. His strategy is to pit the haves against the have-nots. Wherever you encounter that strategy, you are dealing with A newbie. Dirty, militant undesirables are responsible for the logorrheic tenor of his criticisms. To top that off, he says that the boogeyman is going to get us if we don't agree to his demands. Wow! Isn't that like hiding the stolen goods in the closet and, when the cops come in, standing in front of the closet door and exclaiming, "They're not in here!"? A newbie's eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity. And his vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that it's perfectly safe to drink and drive?)

This letter is written with the hope that readers will think for a minute about the situation at hand. The same might be said of infantile vigilantes. What is often overlooked, however, is that today, we might have let A newbie exercise control through indirect coercion or through psychological pressure or manipulation. Tomorrow, we won't. Instead, we will build a better world, a cleaner world, a safer world, and a saner world. His diatribes are a house of mirrors. How are we to find the opening that leads to freedom? First, I'll give you a very brief answer, and then I'll go back and explain my answer in detail. As for the brief answer, I appreciate feedback and other people's views on subjects. I don't, however, appreciate feedback when it's given in an unprofessional manner.

If we contradict A newbie, we are labelled unbalanced dopeheads. If we capitulate, however, we forfeit our freedoms. We must embrace the cause of self-determination and recognize the leading role and clearer understanding of those people for whom the quintessential struggle is an encompassing liberation movement against the totality of autism. Only then can a society free of his inhumane reports blossom forth from the roots of the past. And only then will people come to understand that his teachings are an icon for the deterioration of the city, for its slow slide into crime, malaise, and filth.

There's a distinction to be made here -- an instructive warning for the future. I'll talk about that another time. I have other, more important, things to discuss now. For starters, words cannot convey the hurt and despair that I and so many others feel for those who were personally attacked by A newbie. No joke.

He has been deluding people into believing that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and ill-bred deadheads. Don't let him delude you, too. Plainly stated, you may make the comment, "What does this have to do with the worst kinds of unbridled soporific-types there are?" Well, once you begin to see the light, you'll realize that while we do nothing, those who engender ill will are gloating and smirking. And they will keep on gloating and smirking until we change the world for the better. It may be coincidence that A newbie's effusions cultivate the purest breed of irresponsibility. It may be coincidence that they break down ages-old institutions and customs. And it may be coincidence that they devalue me as a person. But that's a lot of coincidence!

While A newbie is decidedly entitled to ignore good advice from intelligent people, it is easy to see faults in others. But it takes perseverance to give direction to a universal human development of culture, ethics, and morality. For that reason, we must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that he will leach integrity and honor from our souls. And to overcome these fears, we must supply the missing ingredient that could stop the worldwide slide into antidisestablishmentarianism. Astute observers have known for years that I frequently wish to tell A newbie that anyone the least bit knowledgeable about his immature background would know that his cop-outs are pockmarked with empty-headed metagrobolism and other assorted ills. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue. Don't be intimidated by his threat to use rock music, with its savage, tribal, orgiastic beat, to glorify the things that everyone else execrates.

Is this anything other than stubborn nihilism? The answer is obvious if you happen to notice that he accuses me of being narrow-minded. Does he feel I'm narrow-minded because I refuse to accept his claim that I'm too disdainful to push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about ignorant bigamists? If so, then I guess I'm as narrow-minded as I could possibly be. By that, I mean not only in the strictest sense, but also the whole spectrum of related meanings. If we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to enlighten the mind of Man and improve him as a rational, moral, and social being. Although chimpanzees can be convinced to wear clothing, understand commands, and even ride bicycles (if well paid for their services in bananas), it would be virtually impossible to convince A newbie that we find among narrow and uneducated minds the belief that obtuse bullies are all inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. This belief is due to a basic confusion, which can be cleared up simply by stating that the really interesting thing about all this is not that the final product of A newbie's inclinations will be a dysfunctional society, wherein every natural self-defense mechanism has been short-circuited in some effete effort to gain short-term financial benefits. The interesting thing is that we must reinforce the contentions of all reasonable people and confute those of perverted low-lifes. As mentioned above, however, that is not enough. It is necessary to do more. It is necessary to tell you a little bit about him and his piteous slogans.

I don't mean to imply that there is no possible justification for the argument that everything A newbie says is totally and utterly true, but it's true, nonetheless. Not only does he woo over backwards carpetbaggers by using tactics such as scapegoating, reductionist and simplistic solutions, demagoguery, and a conspiracy theory of history, but he then commands his proxies, "Go, and do thou likewise." In a tacit concession of defeat, he is now openly calling for the abridgment of various freedoms to accomplish coercively what his dishonest hastily mounted campaigns have failed at. A newbie is extraordinarily brazen. We've all known that for a long time. However, his willingness to make higher education accessible only to those in the higher echelons of society sets a new world record for brazenness.

If an attempt to rob, steal, cheat, and murder isn't self-absorbed, it certainly is saturnine. Here's the heart of the matter: He should pay for his mistakes. But it goes further than that; his biases symbolize lawlessness, violence, and misguided rebellion -- extreme liberty for a few, even if the rest of us lose more than a little freedom. Although A newbie wants to encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization, if we fail to detail the specific steps and objectives needed to thwart his antihumanist schemes, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I am now in a position to define what I mean when I say that he has no concern for the common good. What I mean is that A newbie ignores the most basic ground rule of debate. In case you're not familiar with it, that rule is: attack the idea, not the person. I can no longer get very excited about any revelation of his hypocrisy or crookedness. It's what I've come to expect by now. I contend it's important to continue discussing this even after I've made my point, because A newbie's headlong philippics are in full flower, and their poisonous petals of racism are blooming all around us. I have a problem with A newbie's use of the phrase, "We all know that...". With this phrase, he doesn't need to prove his claim that laws are meant to be broken; he merely accepts it as fact. To put it another way, this is a lesson for those with eyes to see. It is a lesson not so much about his shameless behavior, but about the way that his harangues stink. Now, that last statement is a bit of an oversimplification, an overgeneralization. But it is nevertheless substantially true. In closing, all that I ask is that you join me to stop A newbie and put inexorable pressure on A newbie to be a bit more careful about what he says and does.
hehehe...
Old 09-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel compelled to preface my remarks with the following: From the fog and mist of A newbie's whinges rises the leering grimace of Stalinism. First, the misinformation: A newbie suggests that anyone who resists him deserves to be crushed. Where the heck did he come up with that? There aren't enough hours in the day to fully answer that question, but consider this: A newbie has a strategy. His strategy is to pit the haves against the have-nots. Wherever you encounter that strategy, you are dealing with A newbie. Dirty, militant undesirables are responsible for the logorrheic tenor of his criticisms. To top that off, he says that the boogeyman is going to get us if we don't agree to his demands. Wow! Isn't that like hiding the stolen goods in the closet and, when the cops come in, standing in front of the closet door and exclaiming, "They're not in here!"? A newbie's eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity. And his vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that it's perfectly safe to drink and drive?)

This letter is written with the hope that readers will think for a minute about the situation at hand. The same might be said of infantile vigilantes. What is often overlooked, however, is that today, we might have let A newbie exercise control through indirect coercion or through psychological pressure or manipulation. Tomorrow, we won't. Instead, we will build a better world, a cleaner world, a safer world, and a saner world. His diatribes are a house of mirrors. How are we to find the opening that leads to freedom? First, I'll give you a very brief answer, and then I'll go back and explain my answer in detail. As for the brief answer, I appreciate feedback and other people's views on subjects. I don't, however, appreciate feedback when it's given in an unprofessional manner.

If we contradict A newbie, we are labelled unbalanced dopeheads. If we capitulate, however, we forfeit our freedoms. We must embrace the cause of self-determination and recognize the leading role and clearer understanding of those people for whom the quintessential struggle is an encompassing liberation movement against the totality of autism. Only then can a society free of his inhumane reports blossom forth from the roots of the past. And only then will people come to understand that his teachings are an icon for the deterioration of the city, for its slow slide into crime, malaise, and filth.

There's a distinction to be made here -- an instructive warning for the future. I'll talk about that another time. I have other, more important, things to discuss now. For starters, words cannot convey the hurt and despair that I and so many others feel for those who were personally attacked by A newbie. No joke.

He has been deluding people into believing that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and ill-bred deadheads. Don't let him delude you, too. Plainly stated, you may make the comment, "What does this have to do with the worst kinds of unbridled soporific-types there are?" Well, once you begin to see the light, you'll realize that while we do nothing, those who engender ill will are gloating and smirking. And they will keep on gloating and smirking until we change the world for the better. It may be coincidence that A newbie's effusions cultivate the purest breed of irresponsibility. It may be coincidence that they break down ages-old institutions and customs. And it may be coincidence that they devalue me as a person. But that's a lot of coincidence!

While A newbie is decidedly entitled to ignore good advice from intelligent people, it is easy to see faults in others. But it takes perseverance to give direction to a universal human development of culture, ethics, and morality. For that reason, we must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that he will leach integrity and honor from our souls. And to overcome these fears, we must supply the missing ingredient that could stop the worldwide slide into antidisestablishmentarianism. Astute observers have known for years that I frequently wish to tell A newbie that anyone the least bit knowledgeable about his immature background would know that his cop-outs are pockmarked with empty-headed metagrobolism and other assorted ills. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue. Don't be intimidated by his threat to use rock music, with its savage, tribal, orgiastic beat, to glorify the things that everyone else execrates.

Is this anything other than stubborn nihilism? The answer is obvious if you happen to notice that he accuses me of being narrow-minded. Does he feel I'm narrow-minded because I refuse to accept his claim that I'm too disdainful to push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about ignorant bigamists? If so, then I guess I'm as narrow-minded as I could possibly be. By that, I mean not only in the strictest sense, but also the whole spectrum of related meanings. If we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to enlighten the mind of Man and improve him as a rational, moral, and social being. Although chimpanzees can be convinced to wear clothing, understand commands, and even ride bicycles (if well paid for their services in bananas), it would be virtually impossible to convince A newbie that we find among narrow and uneducated minds the belief that obtuse bullies are all inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. This belief is due to a basic confusion, which can be cleared up simply by stating that the really interesting thing about all this is not that the final product of A newbie's inclinations will be a dysfunctional society, wherein every natural self-defense mechanism has been short-circuited in some effete effort to gain short-term financial benefits. The interesting thing is that we must reinforce the contentions of all reasonable people and confute those of perverted low-lifes. As mentioned above, however, that is not enough. It is necessary to do more. It is necessary to tell you a little bit about him and his piteous slogans.

I don't mean to imply that there is no possible justification for the argument that everything A newbie says is totally and utterly true, but it's true, nonetheless. Not only does he woo over backwards carpetbaggers by using tactics such as scapegoating, reductionist and simplistic solutions, demagoguery, and a conspiracy theory of history, but he then commands his proxies, "Go, and do thou likewise." In a tacit concession of defeat, he is now openly calling for the abridgment of various freedoms to accomplish coercively what his dishonest hastily mounted campaigns have failed at. A newbie is extraordinarily brazen. We've all known that for a long time. However, his willingness to make higher education accessible only to those in the higher echelons of society sets a new world record for brazenness.

If an attempt to rob, steal, cheat, and murder isn't self-absorbed, it certainly is saturnine. Here's the heart of the matter: He should pay for his mistakes. But it goes further than that; his biases symbolize lawlessness, violence, and misguided rebellion -- extreme liberty for a few, even if the rest of us lose more than a little freedom. Although A newbie wants to encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization, if we fail to detail the specific steps and objectives needed to thwart his antihumanist schemes, then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I am now in a position to define what I mean when I say that he has no concern for the common good. What I mean is that A newbie ignores the most basic ground rule of debate. In case you're not familiar with it, that rule is: attack the idea, not the person. I can no longer get very excited about any revelation of his hypocrisy or crookedness. It's what I've come to expect by now. I contend it's important to continue discussing this even after I've made my point, because A newbie's headlong philippics are in full flower, and their poisonous petals of racism are blooming all around us. I have a problem with A newbie's use of the phrase, "We all know that...". With this phrase, he doesn't need to prove his claim that laws are meant to be broken; he merely accepts it as fact. To put it another way, this is a lesson for those with eyes to see. It is a lesson not so much about his shameless behavior, but about the way that his harangues stink. Now, that last statement is a bit of an oversimplification, an overgeneralization. But it is nevertheless substantially true. In closing, all that I ask is that you join me to stop A newbie and put inexorable pressure on A newbie to be a bit more careful about what he says and does.

Old 09-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (B2FiNiTY)

Hooray for our new mod! Seriously though, Tom knows his stuff!!
Old 09-07-2002, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (Ricey McRicerton)

when im 80 ill hope to still seeya here..i never left the scene and dont expect u to either..guess i just expect alot from u since reading many of ur post..
Old 09-07-2002, 04:02 PM
New User

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (deepnite)

Hey man, i dont know you but from what ive read and seen you say here.

your a big

Old 09-07-2002, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (2080EK)

Tom
Old 09-07-2002, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (MaRkO)

Damn, they'll let anyone mod a forum these days huh?

LOL, JK Tom Congrats, I can't think of a better person suited for the job.

I am sure you will do well. I agree with Jonas though, I'm putting my seat belt on!!

Miguel
Old 09-07-2002, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (MaRkO)

Cool Tom glad to hear that. Glad that you took the new responsibility.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:00 PM

now you can quickly lock the threads ripping on your interior.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (crujones)

Great mod!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great choice as a mod. Antonio a.k.a Tonito was a good guy too.

Congrats Tom.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:18 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (Alberto El Bellaco)

great eric
Old 09-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (Alberto El Bellaco)

Ya, Tom is a good guy and its sad to see Antonio go. I remember when my EG got stolen Tom (I think) dedicated a theft prevention thread. He is a good guy and Im sure he and others will help him take this forum in control.

Good luck Tom.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Congrats Tom
Old 09-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Banned

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (tommyboy)

**** you Tom, u stole my gig. Now Im gonna have to kill yah StUnNa.

Sike

ur still a Stunna though
Old 09-07-2002, 05:55 PM
Former Moderator

Default Re: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One... (On Point EK!!!!!!!!)

At least I'm the numba one stunna!

Quick Reply: Antionio Stepped Down as Our Moderator, So We Have a New One...