Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 05:17 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT...

Lately I've been seeing too many threads about people getting their cars stolen. This is the one that inspired me to make this thread. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=175377 Pretty sad story if you ask me.

So I decided to tell everyone some easy eays to prevent yur car from being stolen. Even if you don't have an alarm..I've never had my car stolen, but thief's have tried many times. Luckily for me, I've had dumb thieves that couldn't figure anything out. Here are some of the secrets I know of that make yur car nearly unstealable. Everyone add what you can. Everyone must understand that if a person wants your car bad enough, then will get your car...first I will cover alarms, i dont know much about them, I dont even have one. Second section is ghetto techniques, my specialty...lol

Alarms

1) Ok, so you want to protect your ride. First things first, an alarm is always good, especially against the amateur thief or "joyrider". A good alarm with a proximity sensor will keep thiefs away just because of the attention it attracts when it goes off. A professional thief won't be afraid of it.

2) So let's say the thief get's passed your alarm and takes the car. There are lots of tracking systems out there, most of the companies work in cooperation with the police to apprehend car thieves. Professional car thieves will let the car sit for a day or two to make sure cars do not have one of these systems, before they take them to they're chopshop. Others try to find the transmitter before the police can activate it...The better it's hidden, the harder it is for them to find.

Ghetto TechniquesParking you car someplace you dont feel it's safe?

1) Park somewhere well lit, at home get roomates/parents to park behind you if possible, dont park in dark corners...Be smart about where you park your car.

2) Remove your ECU. No ECU = No start

3) Unplug the middle plug from the engine harness on the right strut tower on the passenger side of the engine bay. That plug controls the injectors and pgmfi. Make sure you leave the plug half in so it's much harder to spot if the thief opens the hood. No fuel = No start

4) Switch the spark plug wires on the distributor Wrong firing sequence = No start

5) Make a fake positive battery cable running from below up to the battery. Switch it for the real one, and hide the real one under the battery or down under the tray. When a thief looks at the battery it looks plugged in and fine. No power = no start

6)Make a fuel cut switch. A pro thief will figure this one out the second he turns the car to on and doesn't here the fuel pump prime, but it's more time he needs to spend in your driveway trying to hotwire the pump or figure out where your switch is. No fuel = no start

7) If your really scared about your **** getting robbed, grab a screwdriver and pop out your rotor from your distributor, sure it's more time consuming but this is only when your real scared. (Like when I park my car in Miami Beach, public lot, overnight.) What are the oddss a thief has a honda rotor in his pocket... No spark = no start

8) If you are obd2, you can unplug your injectors and then leave theharness laying on top of the injeectors so they look plugged in. No fuel = no start

9) The clutch switch can be wired to a switch so that the thief can't start the car unless he's hot wiring it, or he figures out your switch..

10) Get a

I know they're alot more, I gotta keep some secrets for myself. Everyone share your secrets cus we need to protect our rides better. I know that to myself my car isn't just a peice of metal. i put alot of sweat, blood, and tears (crying when i spend 1200 on cams ) into my car. And it feels terrible to have your car stolen. Always keep in mind that thiefs can use a flatbed to steal yur car, so yur never totally protected. Garages are best. Get a motion sensitive spotlight near where you park your car at night.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (MaxBoost)

I have an Alarm with starter kill and these.....

Mac
Old 04-30-2002, 05:26 PM
Banned

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (MaxBoost)

10) Get a
Why that when u can have this?

Another method:
Remove the ECU fuse from the underhood fuse box. ALOT easire than carrying around the ECU with you!!-lol.

[Modified by blykins, 2:29 AM 5/1/2002]
Old 04-30-2002, 05:33 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok so the theif cant drive your car away but why not just strip it of the valuables right where its parked?
Old 04-30-2002, 05:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (blykins)

Class 3 Weapons permit - $2000
Bad-*** Rifle - $2100
Accesories - $1900

The look on a car-thiefs face when you pull out a fully customized Armalite AR-15 with a knights armament silencer, surefire tactical light, and beamshot tactical laser, and put the little red dot on his forehead... Priceless
Old 04-30-2002, 05:36 PM
New User

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (Muckman)

Well the thread is adressing car theft not car vandalism. And hey it's better that they steal yur CD player and sunglasses, than they steal yur whole car.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:36 PM
Banned

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (Muckman)

Ok so the theif cant drive your car away but why not just strip it of the valuables right where its parked?
I could care less theres nothing in my car worth taking or that i care if its stolen.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Those are some very thoughtful ideas there Albert ! Good Job, and keep up the good work! I haven't talked with you for ever!

Ryan

Old 04-30-2002, 05:40 PM
Banned

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (SiElecBlue08)

Albert is such a cool name.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:53 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would this work?
Old 04-30-2002, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (Wont be beat)

to this post.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (Accord94DX)

I am wiring a fuel cut off switch right now
Old 04-30-2002, 06:14 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (SuperDragII)

This post is great and all but, i think i should be deleated. I think some theifs regularly view these forums and others like it. This informs them what to look for and what to do. I'm glad you care about other people and try to help them out. It is truly sad that this is such a big problem in the import scene, namely Hondas. I wish there was something we could all do about it, but as it is the theifs rarely are caught and when they are there isn't much you can do. There were 5 civic Si stolen in my area a few weeks ago, the cops know who's responsible but can't pin anything on them. These people steal cars around here everyday. They used to steal and strip what they wanted but now they are burning them when they're done. I would hate to see you guys go to prison for killing someone braking into your car. Believe me i know the hate you feel against these people, but shooting them will only make you life worse. But it's about you only option if you want something done about it, cops don't give a **** about you or your stuff.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (mantic6t9)

Yeah, thats true, it happened to my friends brother, but it was on a g'd out impalla with gold daytons, and some guys were tryin to steal a car in the wrong hood and he shot all 3 of them and killed them all, and he went to prison for a loonnnnnnnng time......so its kinda not worth it, if you know what I mean.

Old 04-30-2002, 06:24 PM
New User

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (mantic6t9)

Well I didn't tell you to shoot anyone. Guns are a deterance more than anything. A thief will run if you point a gun at him. Either that or he'll pull one..then you gotta make a decision on what you want to do.

As for thieves that troll the boards, if they are professional thieves they know most of these secrets. **** they are the ones that invented them, even if they know about the rotor, most wont have one, they'll just move to an easier target. To be quite honest, I doubt they're are too many thieves trying to figure out how to steal cars. They know how to do it. They ARE probably looking for targets, so when you post pics of your cars dont show anything that points out where you live.

Si's and ITR' are especially wanted because you can take alot from them. Wheels, interior, motor, tranny, suspension, etc are all worth alot of money. And those of you who own ITR's and think they can't be stolen b/c of the immobilizer or yur cliffoord alarm with lojack, think again.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:26 PM

I agree with above. I hate to think like a miserable spineless SOB like a car thief, but if I were trying to learn the latest trends in anti-theft protection in Honda's, I would read a post like this too. IMHO, a paging car alarm and a CCW permit is about the best way to protect your ride. I hate to sound like Charlton Heston Jr, but I think we all need to push for laws that allow us to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and our posessions through any means necessary, inc. the use of deadly force if necessary. Just my $0.02 worth.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:30 PM
New User

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (uncivilCivicinprogress)

Wanna know a good anti-theft measure. My friend has a sticker on his car. It's small but you see it if you approach the car. It's a picture of a pistol. And it says that "the owners of the car are heavily armed and are willing to defend their property. Nothing inside this car is worth risking your life for. Move along." or something along those lines..

When a thief get's in a car and starts to try to jack it, and sees that their is no ECU, no rotor, and there are 10 other rigs, he's not gonna stick around, he's gonna give up. and move along to an easier target. Remeber the club commercials?
Old 04-30-2002, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (blykins)

A lot of gun pic posts, but has anyone used a gun to confront a theif or kill them?

Anyone have a personal story or a published one they scanned that involves using a gun (sniper rifle, machine gun) to protect their car?
Old 04-30-2002, 06:37 PM
New User

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (uncivilCivicinprogress)

nice post...... thanks man
Old 04-30-2002, 06:42 PM
New User

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (tjtruong)

Well my dad used a gun to scare away a would-be robber twice. And my neighbor shot a guy that tried to assault him for money in front of his house. They followed him home and when he was getting out of his car, one guy came up with a gun and said throw me your wallet...he said, it's in the car, hold on. Reached in grabbed his H&K USP (my favorite defense gun i might add), pointed and shot the guy in the shoulder from about 7-10 yards. Put the ****** on his knees, then walked over and grabbed his gun while calling the police..
Old 04-30-2002, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (tjtruong)

You can always pull a fuse or two from the interior pack or the under the hood pack and replace it with a blow/dummy one or even a lower amperage rating too.

Simple, effective and not something that a thief would be carring around with him either. I wish the coil was closer to the top of the engine so you could pull the main wire to the distributer from the coil and be done with it.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:53 PM

i have an Autolock...they work well i would recommend that
Old 04-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

those are great ideas and i use some of them... you just gave the ideas to thieves now if they really want your car they will be smart now. After reading this post they will bring an exrta rotor or , whatevers they have in mind... uif i was a theif and read this post. and ill see waht i like il bring a extra ecu distributor or what not.. but im not a thief.. im just saying
Old 04-30-2002, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All theives should die!!!!! That is the worst feeling, comming out of your appartment and finding that your car is not in the place that you parked it in the night before. When the car was found the bastards stripped it of everything. Freaking punks, let some one try to get this one, they'll be in for a big suprise, I promise that that person will not leave on their own.
Old 04-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT... (Giovannie)

Yeah did you not see Gone in 60 seconds.. it would take alot longer than 60 seconds to figure out all the **** that messed up on the car

Mac

Quick Reply: Anti-theft secrets. Too many cars getting stolen on HT...