Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Another ek not gettin park thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another ek not gettin park thread.

I did quite a bit of research before I decided to make this post but, I couldn't find anyone with the exact same problem.

Okay, my buddy has 2 EM1's; one of which is "supposedly" semi-built and not running while the other is completely stock. Before I explain what all I have tried to do to figure out what is wrong let me give a run down on the "semi-built" EM1.
-bored over 1 mil; 85mm
-eagle rods
-cp 12.5-1 pistons
-stock crank
-rc 370 injectors with obd2-obd1 jumper plugs
-converted to obd1 with chipped and tuned p28
-MSD booster box thing, never really cared to use one before so I don't really know the name of it.

First thing I did was check to see if it was getting fuel. I found that cylinders 4 and 3 both weren't firing fuel. Tested this by the pulling the rail with injectors attached and putting in a clear bag. Corrected this fault by simply pulling the stock components off his running EM1 along with the stock P2T ecu. Tested again and we were now getting fuel at all 4 cylinders.

Next I checked spark. Found that we werent getting spark. Tested by pulling plug wire off and inserting another "known good" plug while cranking. Tried fixing the fault by, again, pulling stock components off of his running EM1.Did this and still nothing. And this is where I am now stumped. My next plan of action is to follow all the wires from the dizzy and make sure there are no broken wires etc.

Pretty much just looking for ideas. Thanks honda-tech!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another ek not gettin park thread.

I would check wires, cap, and button. I had moisture in my dizzy cap causing no spark.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mangogsr
I would check wires, cap, and button. I had moisture in my dizzy cap causing no spark.
As I previously mentioned; I have already replaced the entire distributor assembly with one off a known running car. From the distributor plug all the way to and including the spark plugs are known good.
I'm trying to find someone that can point me in the right direction on testing to see if the ECU is sending a signal to the dizzy. I have a multimeter just need to know what wire/s to check at the dizzy plug. I imagine with the ignition on I can put one terminal of my multimeter on a ground and check one of the other wires for a 12v signal? I just do not know which one to check.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 09-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright, so my buddy and I chased all the wires from the distributor and there is continuity. Now, with the ignition on are there any wires at the distributor plug that are supposed to be getting power? I know when I turn the key I can hear the fuel pump prime, but there is no cel. I also know that when the ecu is disconnected the cel will not illuminate. I am, obviously, going to check and see if there is a bulb in first.