Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

amber EK4 sir cluster

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amber EK4 sir cluster

hey guys, i might pick up one of these clusters from a guy in long beach who has one for sale here on HT, i have a 2000 ek. Will the cluster be plug and play as far as any SRS systems are concerned? I have seen people selling CTR clusers and they specify that it has the plug for the SRS system. Just wondering if the EK4 Sir cluster also has this plug, id like to keep all the SRS stuff in tact on my car.

thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: amber EK4 sir cluster (gtz)

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/2224678

here is the item. i also just noticed that it has an ABS light, my car doesnt have abs, will this light trip?

Upon closer inspection, there doesnt seem to be a light where the ABS light comes on on my car :/

anyone know whats up?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:54 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

???
Old 02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/2224678

here is the item. i also just noticed that it has an ABS light, my car doesnt have abs, will this light trip?

Upon closer inspection, there doesnt seem to be a light where the ABS light comes on on my car :/

anyone know whats up? </TD></TR></TABLE>

huh???
Old 02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: amber EK4 sir cluster (v!taminb16)

sorry, i meant there doesnt seem to be an SRS light
its usually right under the tach needle
Old 02-14-2008, 11:58 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can open up the cluster and just replace the gauge bezel/indicator map with your stock one. Will take you the better part of 5 minutes. Also, the ABS light will not trip unless you actually HAVE an ABS plug (orange). If you look at your stock EX cluster, it has an ABS light as well.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That particular EK4 cluster doesn't have SRS. The one I was selling did have both SRS and ABS. Since the SRS light is on the tach for the 6th gen, you won't be able to simply add the bezel to have the SRS. If you buy this cluster, you'll be without an SRS light.

You need to look for a 99-00 EK4 cluster with SRS.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:13 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: amber EK4 sir cluster (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That particular EK4 cluster doesn't have SRS. The one I was selling did have both SRS and ABS. Since the SRS light is on the tach for the 6th gen, you won't be able to simply add the bezel to have the SRS. If you buy this cluster, you'll be without an SRS light.

You need to look for a 99-00 EK4 cluster with SRS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, it's not attached to the tachometer (unless the EDM clusters are just wacky). Both the SRS, ABS, and Cruise modules are their own separate circuit boards. He just needs to harvest the modules he needs, and cut out the appropriate spot in the rear printed circuit map.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: amber EK4 sir cluster (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually, it's not attached to the tachometer (unless the EDM clusters are just wacky). Both the SRS, ABS, and Cruise modules are their own separate circuit boards. He just needs to harvest the modules he needs, and cut out the appropriate spot in the rear printed circuit map.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I understand the SRS circuit is separate, but when the light shines through, it's through the tach. There's no oval on the tach that says SRS if he adds the SRS circuit.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:11 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: amber EK4 sir cluster (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, I understand the SRS circuit is separate, but when the light shines through, it's through the tach. There's no oval on the tach that says SRS if he adds the SRS circuit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

With some good masking and sanding through the back, you could make it visible, so you at least know your system is working. It's not a perfect solution, but if you're getting a good price on a non-SRS cluster, then why not?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:15 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

i guess i dont really care whether i see the light flash or not. My concern is weather it will still work or not?

My car also does not have ABS, will the ABS light on that cluster go on?

Since my car is a 99-00, is this still plug and play?

I guess the same quesiton applies to the Si cluster, that does have the srs light, but will that abs light go on since i dont have abs?

Thanks for the help guys
Old 02-15-2008, 12:18 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess i dont really care whether i see the light flash or not. My concern is weather it will still work or not?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, it will still work. You'll just have to transplant the SRS circuit board from your old cluster. Very easy to do. Same applies to your cruise control. Just switch over the gauge bezel and the cruise control circuit board from your old cluster.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My car also does not have ABS, will the ABS light on that cluster go on?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The ABS light will NOT light up, because you won't be plugging anything into the ABS module (orange plug). Much like the SRS light would not work if you didn't plug anything into it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since my car is a 99-00, is this still plug and play?</TD></TR></TABLE>

100% plug and play.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess the same quesiton applies to the Si cluster, that does have the srs light, but will that abs light go on since i dont have abs?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Read above.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the help guys </TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess i dont really care whether i see the light flash or not. My concern is weather it will still work or not?

My car also does not have ABS, will the ABS light on that cluster go on?

Since my car is a 99-00, is this still plug and play?

I guess the same quesiton applies to the Si cluster, that does have the srs light, but will that abs light go on since i dont have abs?

Thanks for the help guys </TD></TR></TABLE>

SRS will still work. The ABS light will not go on. It is plug and play.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:20 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

better question.....

getting a 2000 b16a2 swap for my car soon on my 2000 ej8

my car doesnt have abs, will the pt2 ecu throw a cel since EM1s came with abs and my car didnt?

ninja edit: d16y8 wiring harness from my car...
Old 02-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">better question.....

my car doesnt have abs, will the pt2 ecu throw a cel since EM1s came with abs and my car didnt?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It won't throw an ABS light. ABS has nothing to do with the engine. Plus USDM EM1's never came with ABS.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">better question.....

my car doesnt have abs, will the pt2 ecu throw a cel since EM1s came with abs and my car didnt?</TD></TR></TABLE>

USDM Si's did not have ABS. Only CDM/EDM EM1's (SiR / 1.6 VTi) had ABS.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

sweet, thanks alot guys.

Since everyone is being so helpful..

ek CTR, ap1 s2k,and JDM DC5R steering wheels are plug and play for my car correct? airbag and abs system should work just fine?

I bought a momo tuner wheel from ICB but decided to send it back cause i want to keep airbags in tact.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ek CTR, ap1 s2k,and JDM DC5R steering wheels are plug and play for my car correct? airbag and abs system should work just fine?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct, as well as JDM EP3R, Insight, and 97-01 Prelude wheels.