Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Almost Stolen Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Stolen Exhaust!

OK, basically, last night some ******* tried to steal my exhaust... they only took one bolt off where the axleback connects to the mid pipe, I don't know why they didnt fully take it... but im glad they didnt

anyhow I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to secure my exhaust better... the only thing I can think of is to round off the bolts...
Old 01-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost Stolen Exhaust! (uranazo)

someone actually tried to steal your exhaust? wtf is this world coming to...
Old 01-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude that sucks donkey *****. I guess you could drill some really small holes in the bolts and put some cotter pins to slow those bastards down.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I highly doubt someone tried to steal your exhaust...maybe the bolt came loose ( mine has tendencys to rattle loose also) goodluck
Old 01-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hate theives!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kidloco51)

just strip the ****** bolts, then if you have to get it off, have a shop cut the exhaust off, or use a bolt remover
Honda-Tech Member

Are you sure one of the bolts didnt just come loose?
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (USDMDC2)

locktite? lol im sure that will work.
mines came loose once all the sudden my exhaust became super loud went to check it was bolts that went loose tighter it back up and its cool.
i really dont think anyone would steal an exhaust sounds really stupid
Old 01-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDMDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I highly doubt someone tried to steal your exhaust...maybe the bolt came loose ( mine has tendencys to rattle loose also) goodluck </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-14-2004, 02:21 PM

maybe the were going to steal your car bolt by bolt untill there was nothing left....to me it sounds like it just came loose but if your worried they are trying to steal it try using diferent size nuts and bolts ...you figure theyre only going to come with the one tool thy need or weld that bitch on
Old 01-14-2004, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend has his Spoon N1 stolen off his car in his driveway. woke up to a loud *** car leaving. and he goes out side to check on his car and his exhaust was gone... This world is becoming a joke
Old 01-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They were prolly just trying to steal the bolt it's self, ever think of that?
Old 01-14-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Re: (VtecAddict96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecAddict96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They were prolly just trying to steal the bolt it's self, ever think of that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That made me laught....
Old 01-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Tendency to rattle loose?? Mine has never had that problem..and plus, your 15 years old..how long can you have been driving?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bro I'm Sick of people talking **** about I'm 15.
Age has absolute not **** to do with it
Because i reply doesnt mean you quote me and say my quote is wrong because it DOES Happen all the time.

My apexi N1 catback the axle back screws have rattled loose and i could hear it thats how the **** i know.

I dont know why your trying to beef with me ROFL
I'm in the chatroom with you dustin,tom and your always being nice to me there? Why have a problem on h-t ?

Keep bullshit to your self if you cant post something useful then DONT POST IT.

Need i say more?

Btw: For the non-smart ones If your 15 And your about to turn 16 how long do you think i've been driving?

*EDIT* Ricey Mcricerto/ Age 18 You havent been driving much longer
Old 01-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDMDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm in the chatroom with you dustin,tom and your always being nice to me there? Why have a problem on h-t ?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have been driving for a while...care to check that in my personal info...my middle initial is also E for those who care. Just had to throw that out about Tom and Dustin....I also notice you tend not to post technical info in this forum....just ideas and thoughts. I give you props for starting out early in the import "world" but don't disrespect the people on this forum because you feel personally injured by his 15 year old comment. What you said about the bolts coming loose is true. If you take everyone seriously you have a hard life ahead of you. And my B20/vtec is waiting for you.
EDIT: The bolts come loose if you don't know how to tighten them properly.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (GTlvr82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GTlvr82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have been driving for a while...care to check that in my personal info...my middle initial is also E for those who care. Just had to throw that out about Tom and Dustin....I also notice you tend not to post technical info in this forum....just ideas and thoughts. I give you props for starting out early in the import "world" but don't disrespect the people on this forum because you feel personally injured by his 15 year old comment. What you said about the bolts coming loose is true. If you take everyone seriously you have a hard life ahead of you. And my B20/vtec is waiting for you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep i know..but it would be different if i was posting or replying with bullshit.

But in this case i wasn't

I got easily offended because reguardless knowledge has nothing to do with age.

What does your middle intial haft to do with me posting him and bauley's name? mind your business

And if you wouldn't care I do believe I'm actually one of the few that posts technical things...If I'm not mistaking.

I dont care about you..you weren't quoted and i didnt ask for your middle intial i was showing his age not yours.

Wtf is wrong with posting baulys name (dustin) and b18c5-eh2's name (tom)?

If i'm not mistaking i'm one of the few that is technical?
Is your reply technical? Um NO!
All your doing is trying to instigate (sp? )**** with me and its not working.
Make your self look worse...just b/c we dont like each other doesnt mean you follow me thru every thread i post in and quote me and make me look bad b/c you dont. IMHO your gonna have a long life living like that.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ew dirrrrtttyyyy
Old 01-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDMDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Btw: For the non-smart ones If your 15 And your about to turn 16 how long do you think i've been driving?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not hating on you or anything at all man, it's true it could possibly rattle loose if not tightened properly. I think tend to think that someone was trying to steal that mans bolt but it doenst matter what i think. That was low for him to say(he has alot of highly educated comments ). But dont come back and make urself look dumb, w/all those comments. Anyways lol you've been driving for less than 6 months and you've been w/a parent. ****, in those first 10 months i only drove about 10-15 hours so u have alot to learn.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:00 PM
In The Garage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everybody chill, damn... jimmy's pretty smart for his age, i'll give him that, since i taught him all kinds of **** about these cars.

anyways, this is a thread about possibly securing an exhaust system better to a car.

you could try to find a bolt with a unique head design. just go lookin through the blot bins at home depot. you'll probably have to go get a special tool for them, but thieves won't have that tool, and since most thieves are broke anyways, they won't be able to go get the tool. good luck man

edit- unless they go steal the tool
Old 01-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (VtecAddict96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecAddict96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not hating on you or anything at all man, it's true it could possibly rattle loose if not tightened properly. I think tend to think that someone was trying to steal that mans bolt but it doenst matter what i think. That was low for him to say(he has alot of highly educated comments ). But dont come back and make urself look dumb, w/all those comments. Anyways lol you've been driving for less than 6 months and you've been w/a parent. ****, in those first 10 months i only drove about 10-15 hours so u have alot to learn. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I've never drove with my parents.
I mostly drive with (shadyeh2) and my friend kevin.
Both are over 21 also.

Also we drove to alabama one time and we got there and both of my axle back bolts were loose (btw they were properly tight they can just rattle loose and also i think apexi's washers had something to do with it.

I just get tired of people bringing up being 15 yO its none of there business.

Ricey mcricerton was ovasly here when he was 15 or 16 also by the date that he's been a member.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (ShadyEH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShadyEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">everybody chill, damn... jimmy's pretty smart for his age, i'll give him that, since i taught him all kinds of **** about these cars.

anyways, this is a thread about possibly securing an exhaust system better to a car.

you could try to find a bolt with a unique head design. just go lookin through the blot bins at home depot. you'll probably have to go get a special tool for them, but thieves won't have that tool, and since most thieves are broke anyways, they won't be able to go get the tool. good luck man

edit- unless they go steal the tool </TD></TR></TABLE>

Great idea shawn
Thats probally what would be the best idea.
But if they really want it i've seen cases where they just take a hacksaw to it. I hope it dont get like this in K-town
Old 01-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Age has absolute not **** to do with it
Because i reply doesnt mean you quote me and say my quote is wrong because it DOES Happen all the time.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ohh...Im sorry then...I did'nt mean to offend you. Who gives a rats *** what you want. If you dont like it then don't post here. You're 15 for God's sake, you can't even drive by yourself, vote, or purchase cigarettes.

My apexi N1 catback the axle back screws have rattled loose and i could hear it thats how the **** i know.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have an Apex'i dunk and have had it for almost 2 years. Never had a bolt even budge. Maybe you did'nt install yours correctly?

I dont know why your trying to beef with me ROFL
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not particularly nice to you or any of the other members on here. Honestly, most of the time when I speak, I'm making fun of you. Personally, I think you're a kid. I remember what I was like at 15 and you are damn similar to what I was...a kid. Very little firsthand experience (although I had finished my first car resoration before I was 16).

Need i say more?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, you don't. Look how long I've been here then look at your registration date.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
I think you've been driving for a year...tops. I know here in NC you can't even take drivers ed before you're 14 and a half and can't get a learners permit until you are 15 years old.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I turn 19 this month. Think about it..I've been driving 4 times as long as you asshat.

Also, I'm going to agree with GTIlvr82...most of your posts are vague and unclear.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ohh...Im sorry then...I did'nt mean to offend you. Who gives a rats *** what you want. If you dont like it then don't post here. You're 15 for God's sake, you can't even drive by yourself, vote, or purchase cigarettes.

I have an Apex'i dunk and have had it for almost 2 years. Never had a bolt even budge. Maybe you did'nt install yours correctly?

I'm not particularly nice to you or any of the other members on here. Honestly, most of the time when I speak, I'm making fun of you. Personally, I think you're a kid. I remember what I was like at 15 and you are damn similar to what I was...a kid. Very little firsthand experience (although I had finished my first car resoration before I was 16).

No, you don't. Look how long I've been here then look at your registration date.

I think you've been driving for a year...tops. I know here in NC you can't even take drivers ed before you're 14 and a half and can't get a learners permit until you are 15 years old.

I turn 19 this month. Think about it..I've been driving 4 times as long as you asshat.

Also, I'm going to agree with GTIlvr82...most of your posts are vague and unclear. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you dont like me then dont post or reply to my comments b/c bolts can rattle loose just like what 3 other people have included <FONT SIZE="5">It is possible </FONT>.

I dont care how long you have been driving nor when your birthday is.

your have no reason to be viewed nor replied to so i will no longer wasting my time making you look worser.

You bring up driving and how long you've been driving,etc? what the **** does this haft to do with a bolt rattling loose bro?

Apexi N1,Dunk etc...If a bolt isnt put on with an impact theres a slight chance that over time or any period it can rattle loose.

And from the days you've been a member you would figure you would have more common sense and not be so stupid.

Also i do believe you were here when you were 15 or 16 asshat.

I dont feel like doing math.

Thanks
Need i say more <u>again</u>?

If your so worried about us seeing that your almost 10 then put 18 1/2 on your age.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can go to Lowes and get som hardend allen head bolts. Look in the bins with all the nuts and bolts. who carries allen wrenches with them??
Old 01-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (upgraded)

Try using Locktite for the threads on the bolt....it won't come out again. Unless you force it out.

Hey, Ricey....USDM....can we be done....thanks ...I got my spat out....we hijacked the **** out of this thread

Quick Reply: Almost Stolen Exhaust!