Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Alignment/tire ?, Shop f'ing with me??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment/tire ?, Shop f'ing with me??

So I went ahead and bought the Underground Racing LCA's, front and rear camber kits and they look and fit awesome .
Besides that, I put it all on and took it to a shop near my house to get the aligment done and I got the whole "It wont fit on the rack because it's lowered so you'll need a camber kit....." I told him it would fit on there and it did and I also told him that it had the camber kit installed. now knowing that he has to do the job abd he wont be making the kind of money that he would on a normal alignment because of the adjustability he reluctantly tells me to be back in 2 hours and It will be done. 60 bucks later I am driving home and it pulls to the left. He tells me that its perfect and that I have "Radial tire pull" WTF is that and why haven't I heard of this before??

I would have posted this in the tire forum but its kinda slow in there.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Alignment/tire ?, Shop f'ing with me?? (1dumbassscreenname)

did you get a print out of the specs for the before and after? So you can see if he actually adjusted anything?

after i got my alignment done, the shop told me that they coudldn't adjust the toe anymore on my front drivers side wheel, so now it pulls to the right. Not as much as before the alignment, but still does. And i had a spec sheet of the before and after, so i know they adjusted something.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alignment/tire ?, Shop f'ing with me?? (KiddEng)

no I dodnt get any spec sheet But I KNOW that it has been done based upon new tire wear and believe me the rear camber was WAY off due to a broken upper control arm bolt. It's all good camber wise but the alignment Radial tire pull wtf?
Old 04-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rotate your tires, if it still pulls its not "radial pull". radial pull is simply a tires tendency to draw the car to one side or pull. brand new tires can do this, and there really is no fix. i could go into detail about why it does it and all, but it wouldnt do you any good, cuz you cant fix it, so rotate, if it still pulls take it back to the shop.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (schardbody)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schardbody &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rotate your tires, if it still pulls its not "radial pull". radial pull is simply a tires tendency to draw the car to one side or pull. brand new tires can do this, and there really is no fix. i could go into detail about why it does it and all, but it wouldnt do you any good, cuz you cant fix it, so rotate, if it still pulls take it back to the shop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, it really does exist. thats interesting. I wouldnt mind knowing what this really is and why if you dont mind typing up the description, just for the sake of knowledge.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:35 AM

you shoulda left the shop after the guy didnt want to do it..
Old 04-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

short form answer here since im kind of busy building a bin to burn. so here goes. basically when a radial tire is built the steel belts are aligned and put in the mold then the rubber is put around them. if the belts arent perfectly aligned it causes the pull ie: cuz the belts face one way or another. on a directional tire it most likely will never go away. if its an assemetrical tire (meaning either side of the car, or non directional) usually you can swap it to the other side of the car and the pattern will move the belts back into place.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alignment/tire ?, Shop f'ing with me?? (1dumbassscreenname)

You're in Orlando... I'm guessing it was the Tire Kingdom at Alafaya and Colonial?
Don't go there. Ever.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (schardbody)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schardbody &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">short form answer here since im kind of busy building a bin to burn. so here goes. basically when a radial tire is built the steel belts are aligned and put in the mold then the rubber is put around them. if the belts arent perfectly aligned it causes the pull ie: cuz the belts face one way or another. on a directional tire it most likely will never go away. if its an assemetrical tire (meaning either side of the car, or non directional) usually you can swap it to the other side of the car and the pattern will move the belts back into place. </TD></TR></TABLE>

cool thanks for the info

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Grip King &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're in Orlando... I'm guessing it was the Tire Kingdom at Alafaya and Colonial?
Don't go there. Ever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no those douchebags wont ever work on any of my stuff.
but how the hell are ya?? long time.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1dumbassscreenname)

not tooooo long.
just been working, going to school, same bs. got my own company finally launched, but had no $ for marketing yet.

lol i heard about ur mishap on 'the track'

get an alignment here in jax. take it to big chief off us1 and university. mine fits on the rack. its the only place ive found.