Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

air condition question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air condition question

I have a 92 si with a gsr motor and dcsports header. I was wondering if the air conditioning system out of a 94 civic ex will bolt in if I get a new compressor bracket. Im not sure if the refrigerant lines are the same and if they will clear everything.
Skeeziks
Old 07-09-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: air condition question (skeeziks)

as long as you use a del sol b16 AC bracket or a crv ac bracket it will fit.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: air condition question (skeeziks)

Now when you say "A/C System" what exactly does that entail?

Reason I'm asking is, if not done correctly you'll end with troubles and spending lots of time and money to either junk it all or get it fixed right.

Working with A/C is not easy at all.

I am an A/C Tech an have been working on A/C for a number of years now. Not trying to brag but giving you a heads up to hopefully save you some grief.

Most importantly you're talking about an R12 Refrigerant designed vehicle and are asking about installing an R134A Refrigerant System. R134A Refrigerant runs at much higher pressures so in order to allow this system to cool properly you'll need to make sure that the A/C Condensor is going to be replaced as well. This is the most important factor in allowing the heat to escape the vehicle otherwise you'll end up with high head pressures and either lock up the new A/C Compressor and or create leaks amongst the system. NOT GOOD.

I would recommend replacing the Receiver Drier as a G.P. (general purpose) item. Thats the filter and if the system has been sitting empty for quite some time then you don't want moisture in your system when you go to recharge the system with refrigerant. It'll freeze up and again cause more problems.

The hoses do not route the same but you can always manage with a hose clamp here and zip tie there. However, make sure your lines do not run on or near metal areas. The engine vibration and shifting will cause these hoses to rub and through time wear through causing again... LEAKS! No cold air! Make sure they stay clear of the exhaust. The heat will dry these bad boys out and again... PROBLEMS.

The Evaporator Core is a different size so I do not know how you will get that to fit in the case while sealing properly... Worst case scenario is you'll end up having to find someone whom can make you new hoses. No big deal!

Since your going to that extent, might as well change the Expansion Valve while you're in there. Its not a big deal and you dont want to have to pull all that stuff out again if that Valve sticks on you. Another low dollar item that I would replace again G.P..

If you have any more questions in general or doing the repairs or maybe parts needed... you can email me or drop a line here.

jo3blo3@gmail.com

werrrd to your mother!