Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

after rain now my car is stalling

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after rain now my car is stalling

this saturday it rained real bad that i even got some drops in my air intake. the car completely stalled and turned off. i pulled over and called my old man. Towed the car home.. cleaned the air intake and car turned on so that was the good news. the bad news is now my engine light is on and when the car is at idle it slightly feel the car stalling. i found out the iat went out on my Y8.

Is stalling a sign of a bad IAT??

What are some of the symptoms??
Old 07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: after rain now my car is stalling (civic_tuned)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_tuned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> drops in my air intake. the car completely stalled and turned off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Those two things don't go hand in hand. I have a velocity stack on the front of my car, it gets "drops" in it now and then if the weather man sucks.

Stalling out from water inhalation is called hydrolock. Did you perform a compression test to make sure nothing was bent aka a rod or valve? That would cause the shitty idle, a bad IAT will just make the car drink a little gas.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: after rain now my car is stalling (Jay_Sensing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Those two things don't go hand in hand. I have a velocity stack on the front of my car, it gets "drops" in it now and then if the weather man sucks.

Stalling out from water inhalation is called hydrolock. Did you perform a compression test to make sure nothing was bent aka a rod or valve? That would cause the shitty idle, a bad IAT will just make the car drink a little gas. </TD></TR></TABLE>

u have a point there...hhmmm i dunno. the stalling comes and goes when idle if it was a bent valve then it would be constant. A bend valve would it make the motor to sputter??

i turned on the car and checked the tone from back of my exhaust and i dont hear any sputtering or any undifferent tone.