Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Acura Integra LS 2000.. I know wrong section.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura Integra LS 2000.. I know wrong section.

The Reason I posted this is because the Acura guys never answered my thread, not even 1 view so I decided to bring it here.

I know it isn't the right section but please just a quick question.

I am looking into purchasing either a civic or a teg. Found a 2000 Teg LS with a B18B stock. The only thing is that the TEG comes with a "scrap title". What does that mean? Could I get a CLEAN Title? How much would this be and from where I would get it.

He said that he took out the parts inside and replaced it with older ones but he left the engine clean. He wants 1000$ for it.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Acura Integra LS 2000.. I know wrong section.

You mean a "Salvage" title?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What state/province are you in, Different locations treat titles differently.

call your local ministry of transportation office and insurence and ask them about registering and insuring such vehicle.

most precise answer that way, as anything else can be pertaining the posters location and not yours.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

okey checked, and some states call salvage/scrap titles

Salvage Titles

A salvage title is issued for a vehicle that has become a "distressed vehicle". A vehicle becomes "distressed" when one or more major component parts (such as bumpers, fenders, transmission, engine, hood, doors, frame, tailgate, body, etc.) have been wrecked, destroyed, damaged, stolen, or are missing to the extent the total estimated damage is from 75% to less than 91% of its pre-damaged cash value. The vehicle owner's insurance company will determine the amount of damage to the vehicle. The regular title is replaced with a salvage title.

A vehicle with a salvage title cannot be plated or used on public roads until it is recertified by a specially trained police officer and retitled. Since 1989, salvage and rebuilt titles are orange in color and list the vehicle's color and non-salvageable major component parts.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In the US you can title and plate Slavage vehicles you just have to have it inspected to show that its road worthy and they will put a regular title on it> at least around me (illinois)
The things they look for are Head lights, Tail lights, brake lights and turn signals all functioning. make sure the suspension is solid and they look at the windshield and make sure its not cracked Some test emissions. Illinois in the rural area doesnot it depends on where you are again . where i live its very lax in regulations.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The bumpers, hood, doors, everything is on there already lol. Should I buy it for 1000$ and just either fix it or take the B18B? I think I will call my Ministry because I live in Canada rules are ALWAYS different lol. OKay thanks guys.

Noone responded in Acura Forum.. fail.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:13 PM

no point of fixing up salvage title car due to the fact if you decide to sell it in the future after all the money you put in it you wont even get half as back due to the title being salvage
Old 02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In canada i think they look for rust, Suspension bushings, oil leaks, emissions, cracks, Tires, brakes, and all the lights. but yeah take it to them and see what happens if not you could def part that thing out and get more than 1k out of that .
Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would just take the motor. lol. 1k for a B18B with Transmission.. not bad. This would be my first car, so I think I would drive this car to the ground.. literally. Okay I know what I am doing Tomorrow. Calling that guy and calling the Ministry.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol good luck hope u can get it plated!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my guy had his car inspected for around 2-300....it had is salvage title and there not going to give you licnese plate numbers until its inspected..
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay so I called the guy. He said he would lower it to 800$.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ184068572

He removed the front seats, cluster, ignition, replaced the exhaust with an old one as well as the rims. I would need to find a cluster, front seats and an ignition. As well as install all of them.

There is no regristration and no papers for the car as it was bought as a scrap title. I would have to re-register the car and pass the inspection.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would do some researching if you want to drive this car, according to this site http://www.ciia.com/faq.htm

"Irreparable" - a vehicle that can be used for parts or scrap only. This vehicle can never be driven in Ontario.
"Salvage" - a vehicle that can be repaired and is subject to inspection criteria approval.
"Rebuilt" - a vehicle that has been previously branded as "salvage" but has been rebuilt and inspected in accordance with regulatory criteria.
"None" - is applied to all vehicles in Ontario that have not been assigned a brand. This does not mean the vehicle was never given a brand in another jurisdiction, or that it was not rebuilt in Ontario prior to the mandatory vehicle branding program.

so is he just calling irreparable as a "scrap title" car does look good though

Originally Posted by Dailydriver92
He removed the front seats, cluster, ignition, replaced the exhaust with an old one as well as the rims. I would need to find a cluster, front seats and an ignition. As well as install all of them.

There is no regristration and no papers for the car as it was bought as a scrap title. I would have to re-register the car and pass the inspection.
after reading that the car is more likely stolen and branded as Salvage, but an insurance right off, if you do buy make to get a receit from him, with proof he is who he is saying he, like ask to see his license or something,
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seems like alot of trouble just to get this car on the road again. But it has the B18B and its a 2000 lol... I'll call SAAQ (Quebec) on Monday.

I need a car lol.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:06 PM

give him 700 and sawg everything into a hatch