Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ACT Clutch Pedal hieght

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ACT Clutch Pedal hieght

I just installed a ACT Xtreme press. plate and street drag disc. As everyone knows the stock clutch pedal hieght is very high. After installing the ACT clutch kit the clutch pedal engagement hieght is much lower. Is this normal/ And should I adjust it to engage a little higher? I am just worried that it isn't dissengaging all the way and it might slip down the road. The pedal still has about 1/2 to 3/4 in. pedal free play, which I think is still within spec. Please help me out on this one.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ACT Clutch Pedal hieght (Bond)

i have the same clutch kit [30k miles] in mine. and putting a new kit this week. the engagement is much quicker and shorter than stock. just amke sure you bleed it WELL. and amke sure no air is in the clutch line.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACT Clutch Pedal hieght (eK9aT10pSi)

Yeah, there is no air in the lines. I bleed the clutch till no more air bubbles came out and then did it like five times more to be certain there was no air . I just checked the pedal hieght, free play and strole and they all seem to be the same as when it was stock. I measured it all and it is all within in spec. I don't think it will be a problem, just wanted to make sure.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eK9aT10pSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the same clutch kit [30k miles] in mine. and putting a new kit this week. the engagement is much quicker and shorter than stock. just amke sure you bleed it WELL. and amke sure no air is in the clutch line.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I am hoping for. Does it grab really hard? I have yet to take my car out, because my brother decided to take off for the long weekend, take his car keys with him and leave his Teg parked behing my civic in the garage .
Old 05-23-2005, 09:17 PM

yeah, its feels REAL nice. ive gotten used to the xtreme clutch kit for the past few years in diff cars. did u get ur flywheel resurfaced also?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eK9aT10pSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, its feels REAL nice. ive gotten used to the xtreme clutch kit for the past few years in diff cars. did u get ur flywheel resurfaced also?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. I bought a new 8.36lb. chromoly flywheel. I was thinking about just resurfacing it, but wanted quicker rev's and just a different setup. Overall the brand new lightwieght flywheel was really not that much . I just wanted everything to be brand new with the newer Si tranny I was putting in.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 PM

going all motor? that flywheel will NOT be good for FI. ur goin to like launching it, but watch it the first few times, or you'll be bouncin off the rev limiter quicker tahn u expect
Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes this is normal... i have an xtreme pp and street disc.. it engages very fast... i like it though

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> And should I adjust it to engage a little higher? I am just worried that it isn't dissengaging all the way and it might slip down the road.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hydraulic systems adjust themselves... no need for you to do anything besides bleed it
Old 05-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eK9aT10pSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">going all motor? that flywheel will NOT be good for FI. ur goin to like launching it, but watch it the first few times, or you'll be bouncin off the rev limiter quicker tahn u expect</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I like the light wieght flywheel. Turbo spools much quicker . I know all about the lighter flywheel makes you go out of boost quicker, but it also spools quicker. I run one on my track car and it's all motor. I think people are just mixed up with myths and the truths. I daily drove my track car for 2 years on all motor with a 7.5lb flywheel and it was the best. It's also turbo and is doing well. The B18C didn't like the turbo and flywheel much, but after tuning it was all good. Launching is no problem for me and I haven't hit the rev limiter yet. The b16a swap I did is actually nice and being turbo now it's very fun for a daily driver. It was wiered to get use to the clutch engaging so low, but after 15min. I had it.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:29 PM

if u dont like the engagement, you can adjust the pedal length
Old 05-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eK9aT10pSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u dont like the engagement, you can adjust the pedal length</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I would but after getting use to it I like it. I guess I was just use to the high stock clutch. Lower down is so much nicer and faster. I am just going to leave it and see what happens.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:50 PM

lol, its fun, when u go, you wont drop rpms too bad cause you'll already have shifted.