Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ac and power steering in my civic.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac and power steering in my civic.

so i am going to put a 97 gsr motor in my 93 civic ex. right now i have ac and powering steering. and the gsr motor i am getting has ac condensor already on the motor. the question i have is can i use my oem civic ac hose on the gsr AC condensor? or will my civic ex AC condensor bolts right on the GSR motor.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ac and power steering in my civic.

i can't remember if you have to change the a/c brakcet or not for your car. but if you do its either the delsol a/c bracket or crv a/c bracket. i went and got the crv a/c bracket from a local junk yard for 20 bucks.

98 CivDx w/ GSR
DX A/C Compressor
Old 08-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by young geezer
so i am going to put a 97 gsr motor in my 93 civic ex. right now i have ac and powering steering. and the gsr motor i am getting has ac condensor already on the motor. the question i have is can i use my oem civic ac hose on the gsr AC condensor? or will my civic ex AC condensor bolts right on the GSR motor.
Okay, the part on the engine is a compressor. The condensor is the part that looks like a radiator. You can't use the GSR's compressor as the fittings line up differently. You would either have to have custom lines made or covert to the integra's condensor and radiator setup. Not worth it.

I never thought about a CRV mount but if it is the same as the one use in the Del Sol VTEC, then it will work. If your AC is currently working, don't mess with it You can do the swap without removing the compressor (I've done every one of my swaps this way with no issues).

However, you do need to use the PS pump from the GSR engine. The Civic's lines will mate with it perfectly.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alright so you are saying if i wanna swap out the engine, just unboltthe compressor from the motor(single cam) so i dont have to refill? and get a crv or del sol vtec bracket to connect the single cam compressor back on the gsr block?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by young geezer
alright so you are saying if i wanna swap out the engine, just unboltthe compressor from the motor(single cam) so i dont have to refill? and get a crv or del sol vtec bracket to connect the single cam compressor back on the gsr block?
Yes.

Use a wire coat hanger or bungee cord to hange the compressor from the core support. It makes things a little tighter, but it beats having to recharge your AC!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alright. thanks alot bro. much appreciated.