Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

99 Civic EX Coupe - Passenger electronic door lock frelled...replacement parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Civic EX Coupe - Passenger electronic door lock frelled...replacement parts?

I had a buzzing door lock, but it was so annoying that I partially took it apart and then disconnected it. I got all of the linkage disconnected except for one part which was the linkage to the door handle from the lock. I think that the servo and lock (white plastic) are one piece, so I could get neither out. Has anyone had any experience servicing this stuff?

Where is a good place to buy the replacement parts for the door? I'd rather buy new than used parts.

Can someone dig up a parts list/diagram thing for the door? Neither of my reference manuals has the INSIDES of the doors in depth.

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 99 Civic EX Coupe - Passenger electronic door lock frelled...replacement parts? (parasonic)

umm, don't know if this helps but I replaced the driver side door lock actuator on my 00 si. The actualtor is a seperate piece but is held on to the latch assembly with 3 screws, you have to take the latch assembly out of the door to get to the screws. yes it is a pain. I got the door lock actuator at dealer for $42. oh and if you are talking about the outside door handle, yes the rod that goes to it is part of the latch assembly. Have to take the outer handle off and I unscrewed it and then the inner stuff came out. too take it out, 2 10mm bolts, a clip for the lock, and out it comes. again a pain.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 99 Civic EX Coupe - Passenger electronic door lock frelled...replacement parts? (80884)

Humm! I tried this about two weeks ago. Let me recall again. I disconnceted everything from the latch device. I unscrewed those three big screws, took off the panel, the "vapor shield" (plastic sheet), disconnected the inner door handle, lock, and only the outer door lock, but I couldn't disconnect the outer door handle itself. I removed the two bolts which held the outer handle on, but the outer handle wouldn't slide out.....you have to remove the linkage to the latch (which is what I was trying to do anyway) first. I couldn't pop out the lock cylinder...even if I'd been able, that could have been a huge mess! Now how exactly were you able to deal with the outer door handle part. That's where I had to give up...I was stuck on that for three+ hours.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 99 Civic EX Coupe - Passenger electronic door lock frelled...replacement parts? (parasonic)

You have to take the lock out to get the outer handle to come off. If you find the clip for the lock, the metal mount and the keylock will come out from inside, then the outerhandle will come out, yes the linkage is still atatched, thats when i unscrewed it, count how many times you turn the handle when removing, that way you know how many to screw it back on when installing.

Update for your help! I had to take out my passenger side door lock actuator today. It wasn't working. I did this with out taking the latch or the handle off! you can get to the 3 screws that hold it in! But there is a little black cover that you have to take off to access one of the screws. I used a mirror to help me see what needed to be taken out. It worked, took me bout 30 mins.

Get a mirror, look at the plastic piece that you are trying to remove (actuator). one screw holds on the little black cover and 3 hold on the actuator. This black cover is on the actuator area, NOT THE ONE that screws to the door!
Old 06-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 99 Civic EX Coupe - Passenger electronic door lock frelled...replacement parts? (80884)

THANKS! Now, now. I'll find a new actuator online, order it, find a mirror, and replace this mother.

I might be going to the junkyard, but I'd like to get a new component because it would take too long at the yard to remove, and it could be defective, too. A new one might just be "revision B" or whatever.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Now..

Suggestions to which site has like every OEM component replacement? I haven't seen one yet that carries the actuator. It's all just window motors and that kind of "shizzle."
Old 06-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have now found ONE source.

http://www.hondaautomotivepart...+LOCK

It says Left Front actuator. Is that the same as the right??
Old 06-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no, the driver side has 4 wires, pass only has 2
Old 06-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

21429 005 1 ACTR, R. FR. NO COLOR 59.78 44.84

That was off of the site you provided, actr, R. FR. I'm guessing that means right front, you looked up fo a 2dr they should not show a rear.

yea, R. means right, FR. means front. it's also cheaper than the driver side.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oops..didn't see that one. Thanks, man.