Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

'99 Civic DX

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Civic DX

Tell me guys and gals what can i do to this car to have fun. Will parts from an EX or LX work on this car.

Things such as Tail lights, head lights, engine components, interior things. I want to have fun with this car but i'm just lost on where to begine.

I kinda want to start with the interior though. What looks good with a tan interior, should i do brush metal for the dash.

i think my biggest concern not finding things for the DX at all because its so basic.

Thanks for the help Marinor
Old 09-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '99 Civic DX (Marinor)

Most parts will work. EX engine components will not work with your car though.

Modified by nomorehatch at 9:56 AM 9/28/2005
Old 09-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

May i ask why not?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Marinor)

an ex exhaust manifold, intake manifold and head will bolt up to your dx block. they ex tranny will also swap right in, i'd recommend this mod 1st best bang for buck modification. your motor is a d16y7, the internals for d-series are pretty interchangeable.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc_boy)

I know i'm sounding stupid but this is my first honda, i've had a hyundai before this and had my fun with that till a rod went through the engine and i figured it was a good time for a new car.

But what is the diffrences between the dx, ex, and lx?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:43 AM

dx is the base civic, lx is next then the ex is the top model civic. the dx and lx share the d16y7 non-vtec motor, the ex has the d16y8 vtec motor. the lx and ex have power windows, power steering and a/c. the ex also has a sunroof and better brakes. the lx and ex both have front swaybars the dx doesn't have any of the stuff mentioned before. basically just different trim levels. the lx and dx also share the long geared tranny on the y7 motor. i hate to say it but if you do a lil digging (search) you will come up with all of these answers and more.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:44 AM

what exactly are you looking to do with the car?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just out to have some fun with it, the only reason i took the car was because i could get it pretty cheap and just to make a hobbie out of it.

Is it possible to put power windows and crusie control on a dx?

right now i'm just trying to get it to a point where i like how it looks before i put big bucks in it.

but over all i want to put a new intake, new exhaust, turbo, body kit, euro lights, audio system, and i'm not sure what else

i need an opinion though, would brushed aluminum look good in a tan interior? I'm just not sure really what i want to do, and i got to figure out where to get the money for it.

i might be able to get an awesome deal on a page job because a buddy of mine owns his own shop.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

will a vtec fit in if i decide to swap out the engine (long way down the road)
Old 09-29-2005, 08:16 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marinor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just out to have some fun with it, the only reason i took the car was because i could get it pretty cheap and just to make a hobbie out of it.

Is it possible to put power windows and crusie control on a dx?

right now i'm just trying to get it to a point where i like how it looks before i put big bucks in it.

but over all i want to put a new intake, new exhaust, turbo, body kit, euro lights, audio system, and i'm not sure what else

i need an opinion though, would brushed aluminum look good in a tan interior? I'm just not sure really what i want to do, and i got to figure out where to get the money for it.

i might be able to get an awesome deal on a page job because a buddy of mine owns his own shop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just buy an EX, save yourself the time and money to add all those things. Get yourself a d16y8 Ex engine and get the edelbrock turbo kit.

AND DON'T PUT EURO'S ON YOUR CAR!!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SE7EN3S)

well first off this car was FREE!! so i'm not going to buy an ex secondly why not?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

A lot of parts from any Honda is interchangeable with yours for the correct chassi. Most exterior parts from a four door will not work on a coupe and vice versa. However, a lot of the interior peices will. The engines are primiarly setup the same, however EXs have different intake manifolds which allow for better air flow.

Any D series transmission will work with your car.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marinor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well first off this car was FREE!! so i'm not going to buy an ex secondly why not?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well you can't argue with free!!!

I mean, euro's are up to you. I am just sick of seeing people behind the wheel trying to look all 'bad ***' like their car is the ****, and all they have are some $50 euro lights from ebay and a drilled hole in their exhuast

Guess I am a JDM guy. Put some piaa hyperwhite bulbs ($15) in your rear turn signals and spend the extra taillight $$$ on something better! -- Like a minime swap or a short shifter -- anything but altezza's

Just my 2 cents

Anyone else agree that euro's are gay?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SE7EN3S)

well i do want my lights to look bad *** but i know there is so much more, i'm just tired of the plan ol' lights thats all.

and the muffler hell i'm doing that the right way. All new exhuast and i'm not going to get a huge pipe, the size i have now is just fine for me.

What about spoiler, what do you guys say is the best way to go there?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:21 AM

I would get some Si tail lights. Those are really clean and simple, they're just a plan clear/red.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marinor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i do want my lights to look bad *** but i know there is so much more, i'm just tired of the plan ol' lights thats all.

and the muffler hell i'm doing that the right way. All new exhuast and i'm not going to get a huge pipe, the size i have now is just fine for me.

What about spoiler, what do you guys say is the best way to go there?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Totally JDM

I saw this today!! DO IT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AIT
Old 09-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is it auto or 5 spd? what color is it?

I would suggest a si wing, si tail front and rear lip and ctr or diy black housing headlights. slam a single cam vtec motor and tranny in there with a nice set of wheels and suspension.

thats me
Old 10-05-2005, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '99 Civic DX (1sikhatch)

haha thanks man, yeah i'm thinking about that wing on ebay however my gf is about to kill me if i do buy it.

oh well i just got a new job so i'll be purchasing soon, i've got to get a digital camera and put my car up on car domain. as soon as i do i'll post them on here.

by the way its an auto.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '99 Civic DX (nomorehatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nomorehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most parts will work. EX engine components will not work with your car though.

Modified by nomorehatch at 9:56 AM 9/28/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

Of course EX engine components work on DX, here's my DX hatc (d16Y7).
Rice all the way, lol.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get a six puck act clutch kit then you will really have fun.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '99 Civic DX (HONDA RR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d16rice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rice all the way, lol</TD></TR></TABLE>
Holy sh*t!!
what have you done? That poor thing.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:15 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would get some Si tail lights. Those are really clean and simple, they're just a plan clear/red.</TD></TR></TABLE>
All '99-00 coupe taillights are the same, regardless of trim level. His '99 DX already has the same tails as an Si.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Targa250R)

this guy really likes blue, loook even some blue boxes in the background lol
Old 10-05-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Re: (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
All '99-00 coupe taillights are the same, regardless of trim level. His '99 DX already has the same tails as an Si.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, silly me that's right. It was the 96-98 that had the tail lights with the amber on them. @ me.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '99 Civic DX (mwieczorek43)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mwieczorek43 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Holy sh*t!!
what have you done? That poor thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

with 200+ hp at the wheels, I coudn't care less what others think of how it looks, and yes I LOVE blue, lol.

Quick Reply: '99 Civic DX