Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

98 Ek Coupe DX Tune Up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Ek Coupe DX Tune Up?

hey guys, i'll make this sweet and short.

i want to do a full tune up on my car (110k miles so far, never did a proper tune up)

i'd like to know what should i get in regards of...

spark plugs
spark plug wires
pvc valve?
rotor cap

whatever else needed.. need to know what brand and specific model.

will i see a better driving experience if i change all of these things?

(not looking for massive power, just want to have a proper new tune up)

thanks so much guys!!!

Old 09-24-2014, 01:58 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 98 Ek Coupe DX Tune Up?

First off, you have an EJ6, not an EK. There's a big difference.

Second off, the FAQ sticky is there for a reason. In the future, please use it. Both this thread as well as this thread both directly answer your questions, and are easily found in that sticky.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't understand how people always get that wrong, it's right there on your VIN for christ sakes. And yes, Sticky Sticky Sticky. LOADS of good info there.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Trial User

Most people are just using EK to refer to the 6th generation and know that it is not the actual chassis code. I think it sounds more dumb when people say I have an EJ6 or ED7 or something like that.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:52 PM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Originally Posted by ej8c
Most people are just using EK to refer to the 6th generation and know that it is not the actual chassis code. I think it sounds more dumb when people say I have an EJ6 or ED7 or something like that.
Yes but then we have people with an actual EK, ask a very specific tech related question of an EK. The problem is then no one thinks they have an actual EK because all the fan boys are running around calling their EJs, EKs. To the extremely tech minded people in this forum it is indeed a problem, I remember a specific thread that went a few pages before we could actually determine OP had a legit EK4.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:19 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doctorake
Yes but then we have people with an actual EK, ask a very specific tech related question of an EK. The problem is then no one thinks they have an actual EK because all the fan boys are running around calling their EJs, EKs. To the extremely tech minded people in this forum it is indeed a problem, I remember a specific thread that went a few pages before we could actually determine OP had a legit EK4.
And another thread within the past year, IIRC, where the OP heard "EK" so much, that he actually thought he had an EK. Spent three days finding the proper FSM in English, then another week going through diagnostic processes for a B16B with him, until a wire color didn't match. Asked for the first 6 of the VIN, and boom, it was an EJ6.

There's also the issue of it devaluing real EK owners. It's just like putting Type R badges on an LS, or GT-R badges on your GXi/GTS/GT. It makes you look like an idiot, which makes everyone who owns that car look bad, and makes people question if the real thing is actually the real thing.

Outside of tech, call it whatever you want. Call it an EK, call it your Bubble, call it your hatchie, call it whatever stupid nickname dumb kids are using these days. Inside tech, we use proper chassis identifiers, period. If you are referring to a DX hatch as an EK when trying to help someone, I will assume you are stupid, find every flaw in your post, and make your stupidity shine.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Loves Tossing Salad

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Since the OP is probably like If you haven't already checked out the FAQ, here's a good link to start with https://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-d...ilter-2872418/