Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

98 Civic EX - DIY header replacement, brake repair, and wheel alignment questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Civic EX - DIY header replacement, brake repair, and wheel alignment questions

Well there are a few things that need some work on my car and i would like some advice as to what not to attempt or do.-98 civic ex auto- I need to replace the header as there is a hole(and its quite rusty because of being in new england)right were the flanges meet-Its a 2 piece from dc-ceramic coated one.Also need alignment but was told the rear toe adjustment bolts are frozen( I have looked for postings on this and found several)https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/%5Bfaq%5D-disc-swap-problem-nut-stuck-subframe-1619903/,along with some brake work.I don't mind doing the work if it can be done by a diy'er.My concerns are the nuts on the header and parts breaking off on the toe adjuster.Honda wants 4-500 est just for dong the toe work.I can get the parts its just finding a garage that will do the work.I have thought about going to rear disk since the compensator arm would have to get replaced anyway for the toe work.Any pointers or advice would be great.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 98 Civic EX - DIY header replacement, brake repair, and wheel alignment questions

Thread titles MUST summarize the tech problem (be topic specific) so that members browsing titles can understand the problem without reading the post. Title edited.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 98 Civic EX - DIY header replacement, brake repair, and wheel alignment questions

it not the bolts that are frozen in actually the bushing getting frozen to the bolt causing the bolt to break... u need alot of
as far as the headers get new ones simple as that once there rust there nothing u really can do but replace when dealing with exhaust piping... get 40 ebay headers or treats urself to decent ones or simply go to junkyard and got back to stock manifold