Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

97 honda no start still need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 honda no start still need help

why no reply's ( if I'm doing some wrong with the way i post please send me a email craig7368@live.com )

Ok I posted this thread a couple of days ago

PLEASE HELP...My friend has a 97 honda civic dx that cranks fine but wont start it has spark fuel presure is good i changed the main relay but dont know how to test it pulled timeing cover belt is good and marks line up car ran fine was told she got gas drove up the street car started to sputter a little smoothed out stoped at the store came out hasn't started since i took a little gas from the fuel filter when i was checking the fuel pres in a can and lit it on fire to check for bad gas and it burned fine i need to know how to troubleshoot this thing it only has 180000 on it and i know its not dead PLEASE HELP!!! thanks

Here the situation.. My friend live's in Laughlin NV I live in Las Vegas about a 100 miles away I'm not a mechanic but through books and forums I can usually keep my cars running she really needs her car for work but can't afford to put in the shop cars only worth about 1500 running when I went down the first time i was a little unprepared tool wise thinking it was going to be a fuel pump or the relay i only brought a test light and a few tools going back down next weekend with a few more tools and a wiring diagram.

when i was there the 1st time i watched a video on testing the relay and i didn't have pwr on the yellow and green wire so i changed the relay new one tested out the same way. Tested injectors for pwr they all had pwr but did't have the right light to chk for pulse also wasn't sure how.
I'm not one to throw parts at a car prefer to find the problem and fix.

1. now somebody sent me a link to chk the ignition switch going to look into that can anyone tell how to test it other than just jiggling the key
2. can anyone tell how to test the main relay
3. what is fuel pressure suppose to be
4. does anyone know a good honda mechanic in Laughlin NV or Bullhead city AZ
5. are there any other elec. box's i can test like a cam or rpm sensor and where would they be
6. any special tools i need i have test light fuel pres gauge obd 2 code scanner and all general tools

I LOOK FORWARD TO ANY REPLY'S VIDEO LINKS WEB SITES pictures ANY HELP AT ALL GREATLY APPRECIATED

Last edited by craig768; 01-05-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: misspelled