Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

97 civic door lock dying / factory radio and key fobs

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 civic door lock dying / factory radio and key fobs

I have a 97 civic ex with keyless remote entry.

1. Every month or so the radio forgets the key fobs and needs to be reprogrammed. When this happens, the locks cycle and the dome light flickers. It last happened at 3am last night. The car was parked in the driveway and I just happened to be walking by. Good news is that I have not yet returned to a dead battery.

I think this might be an issue with the radio. About 2 years ago, my original radio died. Actually it was just the tune up button. I replaced it with a duplicate factory radio from Ebay.com. What can I do to keep this from happening? Should I replace the radio or get it fixed or live with it?

2. The power door lock on the passenger side front door is dying. At times it will only unlock an 8th of the way and fully unlock with several more unlock button presses (driver's door). other times it works fine. it seems to hate the remote key entry fobs as well. It just moves an 8th of an inch and laugh at me. what might be the cause and how would I check to figure it out?

I don't know that much about cars but would like to fix these problems myself and not pay too much to have them fixed.

All help is greatly appreciated.