Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

96 LX (auto tranny) flooding after a 15k tune-up. :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 LX (auto tranny) flooding after a 15k tune-up. :(

I just did a 15k tune-up on my wife's LX because it was mis-firing like crazy at anything over half throttle.

The fuel filter looked like it hadn't been replaced in awhile, so I just went ahead and did plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and an oil change and it was running great again.

I also cleaned the throttle body out a bit and cleaned and re-seated all the connectors ounder the air box because the car had been throing throttle position sensor codes which were bothersome and caused the tranny to shift in a sloppy fashion. The code disappeared after I ran some contact cleaner through both ends of the connector and sprayed some carb cleaner down the throttle body. It hasn't lit up again yet :D

It ran great the whole day, but this morning I couldnt' get it started and had to pull the EFI fuse and crank it for awhile until it started. I had to do the same thing when leaving from work when it had been sitting for ~7 hours.

I pulled the throttle body again tonight and re-seated all the connectors around it and pulled the battery cable to reset the ECU, but I'm afraid it's going to do it again.

I highly doubt I have a leaky injector somewhere. What would cause it to have this damn problem now? I'm figuring I screwed something electronic up or there's something more sinister going on.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 03-14-2005, 03:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 96 LX (auto tranny) flooding after a 15k tune-up. :( (uRizen)

Sure enough, went to go to work this morning and it's flooded out again. The plugs are SOAKED.

What's a good way to test injectors for leakage? It really sounds like that's what it's doing, either that or it's not firing correctly.