Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 Del Sol project

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Del Sol project

Hey everybody, this is my first post on honda-tech with this username. I had one 3 or 4 years ago when I was 14-15 and completely stupid. So I just made a new one.

Long story short, I bought a 95 Del Sol that needs a lot of work.

This project is going to be slow for most people's likings, but I'm mainly doing this for myself so I have something to look back on.
The reason for it going slow is because I also have a 2012 Jetta that I pay for monthly, so I'm not on the greatest budget. But that leads me to why I chose a honda for a project car. I had a jeep wrangler before my jetta, and another jetta before that. Nothing beat the feeling of riding around topless in that Jeep though. I drove my buddy's del sol around for a few hours the other day and re-fell in love with riding around topless, and also fell in love with how the Sol felt. Everything about it. I'm a very weird person, I absolutely love VW's and Hondas. Always have, and I really don't care what people think about it.

This thing isn't going to be a race car or a show car. I'm just going to do what I want to it, and keep it pretty clean.

Details:

Motor D16Z6 w/ 177k

That's about it, actually. It is 100% bone stock, including the OE head unit. I'll answer any questions you guys have about it.

Here's what it looked like yesterday when I picked it up.

And then took it to my buddy's garage and started ripping the front end apart.

Motor sounds extremely healthy, needs a clutch to move, if you were wondering why we towed it. Like I said I'm pretty tight on money right now, but I'll get some pics of the interior on here sometime this week because it is the only part of the car that is extremely nice. I was so surprised, no fades, cracks, or anything. Small burn hole on drivers side seat, and a rip on the passenger door. But it looks pretty damn good. I'll get more pictures of the bad spots when i take the interior ones too.
Like I said, this is gonna be a slow moving project, but maybe somebody out there will care to follow it !
Enjoy
Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 95 Del Sol project

Oh and if someone could point me in the direction of some quarter panels, even slightly used ones, that'd be greatly appreciated