Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 si hatch, what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 si hatch, what's it worth?

Ok, I know you guys probably hate to see threads like this, but I'm honestly COMPLETELY clueless. I tried looking on autotrader or e-bay, but really couldn't find many comparable cars that gave me a good idea what it's worth.

Here's the gist of it, I have a 92 Stealth Twin Turbo for sale, and this guys has offered to trade me his 94 si hatch + cash. I really don't know how much to "give" him for his car, so, I'm looking for a little help here. If you guys could let me know how much you all would be willing to spend on a car like his, in the condition it's in, I would really appreciate it!! And at least I'll have a good idea what it's worth, and I won't screw myself on the deal

here's a cut and paste of his message to me, along with some pictures he sent me of the car:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, sorry it took so long to PM you, my net has been on the fritz lately. But as for my car, its a 1994 Honda Civic Si (Hatchback). It has 106,xxx original miles on it. As of right now it needs a little TLC, but is still one of the lowest mileage, best condition Si's you will find. At the moment, there is a dent on the drivers side fender from someone coming into my lane about a month ago, and the passenger side corner light is cracked from someone coming into my lane about 2 weeks ago (yes i was hit 2 times within a month haha). They were both small fender benders, but there is still some damage. And the paint it fading on the roof, along with the clearcoat flaking on duckbill spoiler a bit. The VIS CF hood could also use a reclear. Also, there is a problem with the clutch. I'm not sure what it is as of right now, but It will not go into gear. Im going to change the trans fluid tomorrow and see if that does the trick. Those are the only real problems with the car. When the trans works, the car runs spectacular. The timing belt and water pump were just recently replaced. The modifications to the car are as followed:

Exterior:
-16" Black/Polished Lip Rota GT3's on kuhmo's (2 pretty new, all with good tread)
-CF Duckbill Spoiler
-VIS CF hood
-JDM OEM yello fog lights
-EK sideskirts
-Type R rear lip (not installed)
Interior
-JDM Optional Armrest
-Optional Lower Audio Console
-Carbon Fiber Euro gauge bezel
-Trust shift ****
-Jackson Racing E-brake handle
Performance
-Injen Cold Air Intake
-Apexi World Sport Exhaust
-DC Sports 4-2-1 header
-Short Shifter
-Lowered on H&R springs (I believe)
Sound
-JVC KDSH707 headunit
-Kicker speakers (can get the model number if you would like)

thats all I can think of right now, I'm sure there are things I missed and I'll add on.

Besides the aforementioned problems the car is in great condition. I bought the car in the summer of '04 with 46k miles on it, and have babied it ever since. You can ask anyone on here who knows me, I am very careful with my car. One of the best Si's you will find. Interior is a 9.5 out of 10.

I would really like to work something out, I have always loved the stealths/3000gts. Here are a few pictures of the car:

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 si hatch, what's it worth? (Girly VR-4)

well for all intents its a low mileage stock civic Si with a few bolt ons added. It has been hit 2 times in the last few months and sounds like it needs a new paint job. If little service work has been done you will be looking at poss needing brakes soon tires are a ? Remember the car is over 12 years old. I would go on the low end of KB book value some where around $2000 maybe 2500 after checking the car over. Esp look at the rear fender,and lower hatch for signs of rust. Good luck
Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 si hatch, what's it worth? (instructor74)

With all due respect, your RT TT is worth a GOOD chunk more than that car unless its in terrible condition, Post some information on your stealth, and go from there.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 si hatch, what's it worth? (Dasfinc)

Old 10-23-2007, 08:59 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: 94 si hatch, what's it worth? (.:Swig:.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dasfinc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With all due respect, your RT TT is worth a GOOD chunk more than that car unless its in terrible condition, Post some information on your stealth, and go from there.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah thats, what i would think too, that guy should be giving you some money and the trade..
Old 10-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 94 si hatch, what's it worth? (ferioeightytwo)

looks pretty damn clean though
Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: 94 si hatch, what's it worth? (jdm91CrxSi)

He's giving me money + his civic. I honestly don't intend to keep the civic, just turn around and sell it, as I really have no use for another car right now.

Here's pictures of my stealth

92 Twin Turbo, 74k original miles, rebuilt trans, brand new paint job (painted 2 weeks ago, being wetsanded and buffed right now actually), I have it listed for $8000

Modified by Girly VR-4 at 10:57 AM 10/23/2007
Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 si hatch, what's it worth? (Girly VR-4)

[QUOTE=Girly VR-4]He's giving me money + his civic. I honestly don't intend to keep the civic, just turn around and sell it, as I really have no use for another car right now.

i love honda's and all but his si EG for your mitsu VR4 i dont thinks so! ur car will easyli sell for 10,000 i know cuz my uncle bought a dodge stealth for 10 gs in arizona. and yors looks just in the same condition as his i say his car and about 5 more gs and your still losing some ca$H flow.

in my eyes that eg is woth about 3500 NO BULLSHT
Old 10-23-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: 94 si hatch, what's it worth? (Got_EF8)

The going rate over here in the north east area is around 8k for the stealth, give or take.... unfortunately. Even WITH the low mileage.

And like I mentioned earlier, nothing against honda's, but I won't be keeping the car, I have more than enough cars as it is right now haha.

I sell 3000GT's and Stealth's for a living, it's more or less my business/hobby. I'm taking his honda in as a trade-in, and will be repairing the car at the shop I work with, having any body damage taken care of by my body guy, and selling the car.

So do you guys think giving him $2500-3k for his car for trade-in value is fair? That if push comes to shove, I won't lose any money on the car when I try to turn around and sell it, and he's getting a fair value for his car?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's up to you. the si looks clean in the pictures though. i still like the looks of 3000gt better than stealth.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: (lilo_goki)

lol I've always been partial to the 3000GT over the stealth. But as luck would have it, I always come across AMAZING deals on stealth's
Old 10-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Girly VR-4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Girly VR-4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol I've always been partial to the 3000GT over the stealth. But as luck would have it, I always come across AMAZING deals on stealth's </TD></TR></TABLE>

They're both dogs IMO... I'm talking about vr-4's and r/t's, stock that is I love the styling, but performance I've just never been impressed Really clean car though
Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: (MustangPunk302)

mid 13's stock, I don't think warrants being called a dog, but to each their own I guess.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ugh, i couldn't imagine driving that behemoth of a vehicle.

that civic isn't worth more than 2500, and personally i wouldn't give him that for it.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

I can only see pics of the SI, but it looks clean. The interior especially. Cant see pics of the Stealth from work. Keep in mind that a fender and a corner lamp are easy fixes. If you are asking for $8k for the Stealth and that is a reasonable offer I would say the guy needs to give you his car + $4k at the very least. You could easily hunt down a fender and corner lamp along with re-clear coating the hood and sell that SI fast.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Girly VR-4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Girly VR-4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mid 13's stock, I don't think warrants being called a dog, but to each their own I guess. </TD></TR></TABLE>

All the ones I've seen couldn't muster a mid to high 14... Bone Stock... Maybe I'm just surrounded by duds and shitty drivers. I do like them though... They are sexy for sure..
Old 10-23-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: (MustangPunk302)

yea, with the average, OK driver, they'll muster up a mid 14 second run. I love the looks of them, and growing up in upstate NY, the AWD was a MUST, so it was the perfect combination for me