Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 ex coupe build

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:16 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 ex coupe build

Hello all ive been out of the honda scene for many of years now. Back in high school I had a h22 swaped 94 hatch. I sold it about 7 years ago it was the sexiest car id ever owned the car was fast in a straight line but, was murdered with understeer. The other day I found a gem on craigslist a 94 ex coupe in immaculent shape and very unmolested. Car currently has a d16z6 engine with a blown head gasket. I just changed the gasket today drove it for about 2 hours then it blew again so im pretty sure the head or block if not both is warped. With all this being said I have today and tomorrow off I plan to have the car towed back home and pull the engine and tear it down and go from there. Car is currently an auto would like to swap it for the s20 at this time and im contemplating a low compression boost build. Has anything changed over the years as far as prices and availability as i cant seem to find a complete turbo kit or is a swap more feasible in this situation? Engine only has 166xxx miles. I only want to take this engine out once so any advice would be greatfull as i plan for this to take over my trans am as my daily.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 94 ex coupe build

Originally Posted by CCMPREZ
Hello all ive been out of the honda scene for many of years now. Back in high school I had a h22 swaped 94 hatch. I sold it about 7 years ago it was the sexiest car id ever owned the car was fast in a straight line but, was murdered with understeer. The other day I found a gem on craigslist a 94 ex coupe in immaculent shape and very unmolested. Car currently has a d16z6 engine with a blown head gasket. I just changed the gasket today drove it for about 2 hours then it blew again so im pretty sure the head or block if not both is warped. With all this being said I have today and tomorrow off I plan to have the car towed back home and pull the engine and tear it down and go from there. Car is currently an auto would like to swap it for the s20 at this time and im contemplating a low compression boost build. Has anything changed over the years as far as prices and availability as i cant seem to find a complete turbo kit or is a swap more feasible in this situation? Engine only has 166xxx miles. I only want to take this engine out once so any advice would be greatfull as i plan for this to take over my trans am as my daily.
put a j35 in that b**ch and it will smoke any trans am modded or not