Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 Dx "Mini Me" Shuts off, then won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 94 Dx "Mini Me" Shuts off, then won't start.

So I got this car about a month and a half ago. Was driving it without any problems other than a bad injector which I fixed and put brand new spark plugs in it. Well earlier this week my Civic gave me a problem when driving back to college. I might have been moving a little fast but all of the sudden the car just dies on me. My battery and oil lights flash on my dash and then I pulled off to the side of the road. I thought it was my aldenator so I called my dad to come pick it up. I came home later on that week and took the aldenator into autozone to get it tested and it passed, twice. So I bought another battery. This seemed to fix the problem for the moment. So I drove back to school a three and a half hour drive and it made it with no problems, other than a one slight shudder as if I left off the gas for a second. Then I was driving it around for two days, sometimes it had a rough idle. Today this person in front of me jacked their brakes so I had to get on mine hard, I thought I pushed my clutch it but it seemed as if it almost stalled. I was able to get off the highway and I tried to pop start it, and it wanted to but only started for about a second. All my electronics seemed to work so I tried to turn it on and it turns over it just doesn't seem like it wants to catch. My fuel pump primes, I tried to jump it, I checked some vaccum lines, I don't really know what the problem is. Everytime I get in the car and press the gas the check engine light comes on and when I let off it goes off. My oil is fine, it didn't blow up. I was thinking a possible relay or cleaning the IACV? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 94 Dx "Mini Me" Shuts off, then won't start.

It was the ignition module, it's all good now.