Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 Del Sol VTEC Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Del Sol VTEC Build

Starting my build on another forum, going to document it here too. Inspired by This.

So since i'm ready to start documenting the progress of my car here it is. The dude I bought this car from was terrible. He butchered the car. I bought it from some guy in L.A, it was late first mistake was buying the car in the evening. I think he might've taken the engine out and put it in something else. He might've crashed it on the passenger side though, that side is all primered and somewhat straight. I'll post pictures. I'm going to model my build after this guy's, love what he did to that Del Sol.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f6/d...thread-344426/

Those pictures I promised.

Replaced the front suspension to OEM for now, it was sitting on one tokico shock, another no name shock, with cut springs and a sleeve that didn't fit right. All in all car was sitting on pure shock when I first got it.

The rear were two tokico shocks, with another set of cut springs. Still haven't replaced that yet. Ordering the OEMS on monday.

Did I mention that the car is on four different sized steelies? Don't remember the sizes just started working on fixing it it's been sitting for a few months.

Planning on ordering wheels and tires, two at a time over the next month so it'll by then i'll have some wheels. Going to order them through work.

It'll take a while but it will be very much worth it when the cars done. :]
Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 94 Del Sol VTEC Build

So a few days ago I bought the OEM Del Sol seats to replace the Hyundai Tiburon seats that came with the car. The Tiburon seats were too bulky for my liking, and i'm not big on leather.

These are the Tiburon seats, gonna put them on CL, and Ebay, see if anyone wants them. If anyone's interested P.M. me with an offer.

Woot Stock seats!

The D15b that's in there right now, it's coming out early next year.

Headlight assembly broken, those are getting replaced too.

I have a slow leak in my clutch, my guess would be the slave is leaking 'cause it's a bit saturated. At least that's just my guess.

Tomorrow i'm ordering the rear suspension, just trying to get the car safe enough to drive, then i'm going to start collecting the parts i'm going to need for my swap.

Sorry for the terrible pics, camera phone isn't that great.