Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 Body Kit Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Body Kit Recommendations?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good body kit for my 1992 Honda Civic. I want something that looks like a mini Nissan GTR.

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 Body Kit Recommendations?

Originally Posted by pyroom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good body kit for my 1992 Honda Civic. I want something that looks like a mini Nissan GTR.

Thanks!
uh oh we got ourselves a ricer here quick head for the hills save your Honda's the ricers are coming 1 if by rice 2 if by race.

no seriously though i hate to do this but here's a link "hint use google next time"
http://www.andysautosport.com/body_k...nda_civic.html
Old 05-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heh, thanks for the fast response. I'm a ricer, and proud of it

I did search, but didn't find that site. I was hoping someone could recommend me one (there are so many of them), but I think I found some nice ones on that site.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all personal preference.

I like lip kits, you like body kits.

andysauto is good stuff,
http://www.carid.com/body-kits.html?...FUa8Kgode109sw
http://www.bodykits.com/
Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BlackCivicEX
all personal preference.

I like lip kits, you like body kits.

andysauto is good stuff,
http://www.carid.com/body-kits.html?...FUa8Kgode109sw
http://www.bodykits.com/
i seriously just went to google and typed "92 civic body kits" and that was the 1st legit link

also i'm a fan of lips but unless the kit has an actual purpose like showing your whole intercooler or something i'm not a big fan.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:40 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts

PLEASE DON'T DO IT. Save your money and keep the car looking stock. People will point and laugh at you, not because you're cool. Whoever came up with the idea of putting a GTR body kit on any other car besides Skyline should've been shot...twice.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lip kits are the only kits i think hondas look good with. so body kits they have out now makes ur car look like it will take off for the moon or something. i would buy a lip kit and call it aday. just my.02 tho.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:16 PM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is my favorite body kit. Such clean lines! http://www.bodykits.net/images/bodyk.../165351/00.jpg
Old 05-30-2011, 03:10 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts

I hope you're being sarcastic.^^^
Old 05-30-2011, 03:14 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NVturbo
I hope you're being sarcastic.^^^
SOMEbody's gotta be buying them still. Or they wouldn't be selling them.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

oh god dude go to some other forum with this sh*t like a mini GTR lol ur gonna be rocking a D Series ur pathetic if you can't afford a gtr than dont embarrass us honda drivers by being a freeking poser
Old 05-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You aren't going to get many responses from people here.

I am surprised you got what you did. Take for what it is, you likely wont be getting much more.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, OR WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN DON'T DO THIS!!!!!!

There is no body that will actually fit the car properly, and will make it look goofy, and poorly done. The body kit, will do this by it self, but the next thing people will attack is the work done to the car.

SO, if you do decide to buy a body kit, and install take the time and make sure it is installed properly.

It's your car, so you can do as you please. I can't and won't tell you what to do, but I wouldn't expect much help from HT.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:15 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I hate to admit it but the C1 fronts are pretty decent looking. One of the very few front bumper replecements that actually compliment the lines of the car.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

...buy a gtr.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 PM
SJC
Honda-Tech Member

i like when people put body kits on civic's, even more so when they have a D series in them, just makes my SIR that much cleaner. if you do get a body kit, make sure to add euro lights and under glow as well. i would go with the multi color LED under glow, that blinks to the beat of your sterio!! and a big fart can with a 4 inch tip minimum. also get the biggest rims you can fit on it, 20's are sweet, also air ride would be nice as well, so you can 3 wheel in the parking lots!

do they make civic body kits for GTR's? cause that'd be awesome!

i almost forgot, lambo doors. that's a must as well.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SJC
i like when people put body kits on civic's, even more so when they have a D series in them, just makes my SIR that much cleaner. if you do get a body kit, make sure to add euro lights and under glow as well. i would go with the multi color LED under glow, that blinks to the beat of your sterio!! and a big fart can with a 4 inch tip minimum. also get the biggest rims you can fit on it, 20's are sweet, also air ride would be nice as well, so you can 3 wheel in the parking lots!

do they make civic body kits for GTR's? cause that'd be awesome!

i almost forgot, lambo doors. that's a must as well.
also

seriously body kits are hidious and make the car disgusting epecially a body since you want a body kit that makes the civic look like a GTR... seriously kid stop watching fast and the furious as a religion and stop playing Underground 2 i thought bodykits were cool when i was like 10
Old 05-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The next direction for Civic's (for those paying attention) is a clean, oem look with tasteful addons (imho). Buying a honda to look like a nissan = come on, son! Gaudy bodykits with fender gaps the size of the Cumberland gap = out. CD-diameter exhaust tips = out. Mellow, deep exhaust tones are preferable. If I were the OP, I'd get some unique JDM and EDM Honda factory pieces. Clean 15" wheels and an understated, yet classy exhaust.

We've all seen the countless shogun bodykits come and go. Most Civic's look like a myriad of epically failed ideas, slammed onto their car. Scoops, venturis, body slits, "Sanka" coffee can exhausts, and wings found only on space shuttles. I have one thing to say to all this: Just say no to crack.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:17 PM
SJC
Honda-Tech Member

well i thought my idea was a good one... ...
Old 05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol thanks for all the responses guys.

Yea when I said I wanted something that looked like a mini gtr, I ment something that looked different but not completely stupid like some of those look like. I'll prob just go with a lip kit, and debadge the car to make it look a little cleaner.

I like the way this car looks, except I would prefer more of a gtr or Mitsubishi style front air dam:

I have a Honda j35 engine & mounts, I can swap that in if I want some more power.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:44 PM
SJC
Honda-Tech Member

that car's soooo close to what i was talking about!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if its got a d15b7 under the hood it just might be...
and some stickers.

buy a gtr if you want a gtr looking car. it comes with the body kit.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My favorite is when the "Body kit" stays primer grey for YEARS, never gets painted and then falls off from hitting too many bumps and curbs.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pyroom
lol thanks for all the responses guys.

Yea when I said I wanted something that looked like a mini gtr, I ment something that looked different but not completely stupid like some of those look like. I'll prob just go with a lip kit, and debadge the car to make it look a little cleaner.

I like the way this car looks, except I would prefer more of a gtr or Mitsubishi style front air dam:

I have a Honda j35 engine & mounts, I can swap that in if I want some more power.

To each his/her own. The owner of that car you posted had a clear vision, and its execution isn't that bad (not my taste, though). The front fenders kinda look a little like Chargespeed pieces. However....there's too much going on with that front bumper. The brake openings and radiator center opening look pretty good. Minus the silly side vents & round port holes (Fog light openings?), that wouldn't look too bad. CF "Evo" hood....a "closed" CF hood would have been fine too, unless he's running a serious engine that requires the heat venting. To me personally, gaps & openings (hoods, fascias, side skirts) should have a purpose on a street car. Some will disagree, but that's my opinion.

Do what you want, but just keep your vision focused and stay the course. There are too many bad examples that probably started out well...but veered down a flaming path to hell. Don't be a stat, lol.

Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Google "92 civic bodykit R33" or "R34" and you should find your skyline bodykit your looking for. Pricey still though. I say carbon fiber lip tho.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmm... not sure where to recommend that you look to purchase one, but I was always a fan of the White Crow bumper.

Funny enough, even though a lot of people in here are flaming YOUR tastes of what you might like to do to YOUR car which they'll likely never see in person even, the White Crow bumper is generally thought to be a beautiful and coveted piece. Pricey too though.

Anyway, f*** what anyone else has to say. They don't need to drive the car. I would recommend you keep the stock bumpers just in case your tastes change to the more tame look so many people seem to be into now.

On the other hand, if you manage to carefully pull off a body kit, I think it could look great. Not a lot of people do it anymore besides noob ricers (in a shitty way) and some of the older crowd.

Quick Reply: 92 Body Kit Recommendations?