Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92-95 passenger floor all wet after rain? heres directions on how to fix.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (fwdtamiya)

sorry to bring this back from the dead, but this is a major problem I'm having and its destroying my electrical system. I'm having this same leaking problem but how do you get the sealant on the seam into the hole after you removed the fender. The hole is so small and it does not give enough room to put enough sealant on the seam?

Also is there anyway to get this service bulletin on like a pdf or word file?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: (Jacen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jacen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to bring this back from the dead, but this is a major problem I'm having and its destroying my electrical system. I'm having this same leaking problem but how do you get the sealant on the seam into the hole after you removed the fender. The hole is so small and it does not give enough room to put enough sealant on the seam?

Also is there anyway to get this service bulletin on like a pdf or word file?</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont be sorry, damn, I have this problem but never found this info. Great re-find.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (marshun)

good info
Old 01-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 92-95 passenger floor all wet after rain? heres directions on how to fix.

Bringing this back up again from the dead. noticed my carpet was starting to get wet on the drivers side. thought it may be the windshield until I ran into this solution. hope it helps someone else.
The following users liked this post:
Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92-95 passenger floor all wet after rain? heres directions on how to fix.

any where to buy all service bulletin in paper form?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Trial User

Very helpful. I got a leak in my ek coupe. A major leak. I got a huge puddle but on the driver side. ima test it out soon to see where the leak is at.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Link added to FAQs sticky.
The following users liked this post:
Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good post.. never could find a leak but floor was always wet
Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This helps big time. Good thread.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Almost another year later, and I am now next to bring this back from the dead for any new members. My last EG I owned back in 02-05 did this, and my current one does as well. If I run the hose over the front windshield while washing the car, my passenger side floor gets a puddle. I keep a towel on the floor, to stop it from soaking into the carpet, but it's nice to see that it's a known issue, even if it's a bitch to fix correctly.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my car started doing this today..hopefully this is the problem thanks for the thread!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My car is doing this as well great post!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a problem I have been putting off but I need to tackle soon so I can put my interior back in. Luckily it stays in a garage is only a weekend warrior.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Trial User

thank u for your efforts, well kind
Old 12-30-2012, 01:48 AM
Trial User

not being too familiar with the forum and how it works, but hey big thanks for your messages and speci sheets from honda.... will act on all you put to me asap...

you all know how annoying it is when you have something like a leak etc going on with your car . it wares you out. but i feel quite confident from feed back i have had, from you all. cheers

hope you r enjoying the holidays.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so my 1996 ek hatch has this leak urgh what a pain in the *** i cant find where its comming from
Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Man I've been subscribed to this thread forever but still haven't gotten around to applying this fix on my Integra lol.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad I found this with a little searching, surprised the link still works.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You are awesome....!!!! I have already 2 months with this problem and thanks God I've founded this thread
Old 12-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ef9-jdm-civic
so my 1996 ek hatch has this leak urgh what a pain in the *** i cant find where its comming from
I found mine right after I bought the car, someone had drilled holes in my trunk as to let the water out after it rained, and my trunk smelled all moldy. So I was on a mission to find the source of the water. And I did. I took the Side pillars off, be careful the clips that holds ithem on will break. Any way there are several areas where screws and such under those pillars the are not water tight. I siliconed the crap out of everything under those pillars,and the sprayed Great Stuff around the edges of the pillars and reinstalled them very quick before the Great a Stuff dried, this sealed the pillars back on where I broke clips, and also gave the pillar an addition water tight barrier. I have had a dry trunk ever since!

Last edited by bdj1973; 02-24-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Wrong spot
Old 03-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My 93 Del Sol does this as well. I assumed it was another gasket or the seals for the top or doors. Good to know this now we can fix it.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (fwdtamiya)

Originally Posted by Jacen
sorry to bring this back from the dead, but this is a major problem I'm having and its destroying my electrical system. I'm having this same leaking problem but how do you get the sealant on the seam into the hole after you removed the fender. The hole is so small and it does not give enough room to put enough sealant on the seam?

Also is there anyway to get this service bulletin on like a pdf or word file?
I agree, the hole is so small and it does not give enough room to put enough sealant on the seam! I got the sealant everywhere else, but even with a tube attached to the end of the caulk gun, i can't properly apply the sealant to the tight spots and i just slopped it. The car still leaks on driver side floorboard.
Notice Step Number 8 in the directions say to check your hood pop cable grommet. I will check that but I am really depressed that i'm never gonna find the answer. Windshield has been replaced but it still is leaking. i need help.

When inside car looking for where the water comes in at, It seems like it comes in from the clutch master cylinder?

Last edited by lurice01; 10-28-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Trial User

Icon6 Re: (fwdtamiya)

Originally Posted by lurice01
I am really depressed that i'm never gonna find the answer.
I feel you, this is my daily driver and a very frustrating problem.

It's been raining for two days, and the water is filling up my passenger side. I think the problem originates from a-pillar, because the front passenger seems to be soaked before the back. Does this make sense?

I checked the trunk/spare tire well, and thankfully that is dry. No issues on driver side.

I am going to talk to someone about seeing if they can help me do these instructions, as my username supports. 1.5 hours of labor at a shop prolly adds up. Luckily for me, my civic has been cheap to maintain and relatively easy to troubleshoot (mainly because of the awesome civic community). For now, I'm heading out there with some towels.

Will follow up.

-H.N
Old 12-17-2015, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Look for water trails where wire harnesses enter the car.

honda.novice, your leak could be coming in from your air vent on your passenger side. If you remove your cowl (its easy, just remove wipers with a 14 mm ratchet, then remove all those little buttons with something and buy new ones on ebay) Then remove your cowl. Then you will see your big air vent hole or maybe some other problem. Make something to direct any rain overflow so that it doesnt go in your air cabin filter vent hole thing.

While your cowl is off, look at the underneath of it. If the felt weatherstripping is gone or brittle or half gone, scrub it all off with a acraper, goo gone and elbow grease then alcohol. Then buy 2$ sticky window weather strips and stick them around the perimeter, same as the felt strip was that you removed. Theres an illustrated guide online, maybe on this site.

While your cowl is off, (and maybe your fender too,) look for rust spots & crumbling sealant spots, and repair like they say to do in this post. Also clean out all nooks&crannies of leaves and debris with compressed air.

Quick Reply: 92-95 passenger floor all wet after rain? heres directions on how to fix.