Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

5+months for spoon lug nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5+months for spoon lug nuts?

long story short, i ordered sum blue spoon lug nuts on 11/2/07 and i'm still waiting. i get all my stuff from this shop and they are always really good about getting my parts in on time but i don't know if its normal to wait more than 5 months to get sum lug nuts. anybody else order these? if so, how long did it take for u to get them? thanx.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 5+months for spoon lug nuts? (DOHChatchGUY)

Did you ask them about it?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i asked them and they just keep telling me they're on their way. and sum stuff about them being on backorder, and they have to actually order them from spoon and have them made and shipped here from japan.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DOHChatchGUY)

do the Spoon lugnuts go faster or something? Why didn't you just buy the right lugnuts and have them anodized blue?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Probot)

there probably is a backorder on sppon lugs. It happens.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LwdJdmR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do the Spoon lugnuts go faster or something? Why didn't you just buy the right lugnuts and have them anodized blue?</TD></TR></TABLE>

cuz i'm the kind of guy that pays attention to detail. and i had some extra cash so i got them. what do you mean by "right lugnuts" anyway? i'm building my car with quality parts, is there something wrong with that? why don't you go get some walmart shoes and just draw a nike swoosh on the side and call it a day?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LwdJdmR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there probably is a backorder on sppon lugs. It happens.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya i knew they were on backorder but i was expecting maybe like 2-3.5 months tops. but i'm going on almost 6 months already. it's not really important but i was just curious to see how long other people waited so i know what to expect. or maybe if somebody on here can get them and how long it usually takes them to get these. cuz if anything i was thinking about just getting some skunk2 ones and get some of my money back. i don't wanna wait like a year for some lugnuts lol. i just wanted something different cuz a few of my friends already have the skunk2's and i have a white/blue theme going on.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

shipments work weird. They may not have a shipment coming in from japan for a while...or the order just missed the past shipment. They're probably not going to air mail them since you usually get them as a bulk buy. The only authorized spoon dealer in the U.S. is opak racing. go to http://www.opakracing.com....see if you can call them and check on the order. If it's a part of a bulk order, you'll have to wait for a shipment to get filled enough to fill a container or a big part of a container. Then they will ship them, the ship will set sail, and when it ports, you'll get your ****.

It's all in timing. You should have asked about the availability when you ordered them. See if it's possible to cancel the order. Then try to get them direct from opak racing or just order some rays or other lug nuts.

I hope you're not using these on stock wheels. They will not work.

I had to wait almost half a freaking year for my ADVANS. But they were being made specifically for the fitment I asked for . Either way, shipping took up a big chunk of that time.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHChatchGUY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why don't you go get some walmart shoes and just draw a nike swoosh on the side and call it a day?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

A correct analogy would have been buying off brand shoelaces with your nike shoes... which I would totally do. I'd just buy some other lug nuts

Anthony
Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 AM

Default Re: (93preludeh22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93preludeh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A correct analogy would have been to compare off brand shoelaces with your nike shoes... which I would totally do. I'd just buy some other lug nuts

Anthony</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you want pretty looking lug nuts, buy the expensive, quality ones. Trust me. You can't just replace ebay **** for spoon quality.

I would exchange them for Rays lugnuts, though. That's how I rock out.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you want pretty looking lug nuts, buy the expensive, quality ones. Trust me. You can't just replace ebay **** for spoon quality.

I would exchange them for Rays lugnuts, though. That's how I rock out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't necessarily mean buy ebay lug nuts, that would be silly. This -is- your life.. don't want your wheels falling off. I just wouldn't wait more than a couple weeks for "quality" lug nuts
Old 04-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93preludeh22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">shipments work weird. They may not have a shipment coming in from japan for a while...or the order just missed the past shipment. They're probably not going to air mail them since you usually get them as a bulk buy. The only authorized spoon dealer in the U.S. is opak racing. go to http://www.opakracing.com....see if you can call them and check on the order. If it's a part of a bulk order, you'll have to wait for a shipment to get filled enough to fill a container or a big part of a container. Then they will ship them, the ship will set sail, and when it ports, you'll get your ****.

It's all in timing. You should have asked about the availability when you ordered them. See if it's possible to cancel the order. Then try to get them direct from opak racing or just order some rays or other lug nuts.

I hope you're not using these on stock wheels. They will not work.

I had to wait almost half a freaking year for my ADVANS. But they were being made specifically for the fitment I asked for . Either way, shipping took up a big chunk of that time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanx, see thats all i wanted to know lol. i knew someone on ht would come through. and no, they're not going on stock wheels. but hopefully some spoons someday haha!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would exchange them for Rays lugnuts, though. That's how I rock out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, thats how i see it. if i'm gonna spend my hard earned cash i wanna get good ****. i don't half *** on my car. thanx
Old 04-14-2008, 08:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHChatchGUY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanx, see thats all i wanted to know lol. i knew someone on ht would come through. and no, they're not going on stock wheels. but hopefully some spoons someday haha!

yup, thats how i see it. if i'm gonna spend my hard earned cash i wanna get good ****. i don't half *** on my car. thanx </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...after saying all that, are you putting these spoon lugnuts on rotas or something? What wheels are they going on?