Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000 Civic Si Stolen - NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Civic Si Stolen - NJ

Hi,

I am new to this site...

I know civics are high theft vehicles but I really can't believe my stock si was stolen right in front of my home (central/northern NJ) sometime between 9:30 pm and 6 am between Tuesday night (4/8/08) and Wednesday (4/9/09) morning.

The car has not been found yet and I am just hoping for the best... The police seem to think it was teenagers but I know it was not... It seems that it was a planned/targeted car...

Distinguishing features (not sure it matters):
-Yankee window sticker (passenger back window)
-GLoomis fish sticker (passenger back window)
-Red, white & blue eagle sticker (back window)
-Vertical scratch (middle of back bumper)

I am really bummed...

Any advice or stats would be much appreciated.

Thank you & have a nice day!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2000 Civic Si Stolen - NJ (jerseygirl)

Sry to hear this. I would be devistated if my civic got stolen. Stock civics arnt even safe. Ek Civic Si's are the most stolen civic. You never know what could happen to it until you find it. Could be stripped or not. I have a friend who has a 99 civic si and his has gotten stolen 2 times, and the thieves only took his hondata ecu and just took a joy ride in it. Ive also heard of another car that got stolen, and the thief modified the car even more, and got caught so the real owner got it back in better condition. I hope for the best. Maybe you should start reading up on how to protect your Honda.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 AM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: 2000 Civic Si Stolen - NJ (Ej Girl)

Sorry for your loss. Got any pictures?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

99 Civic SiR (your Si) is most stolen car in Canada.
00 Civic SiR is the second most stolen car in Canada.

See a trend? I'm sure there are similar statistics in the US...

No Civic Si is safe, whether it is stock or modified, there are still parts that everyone wants in their cars.

Good luck locating your car
Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This scares me

Ive got a stock 99 SI,and just bought it 2 weeks ago,unable to get kill switches/security system for another 2 weeks :/
Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you have any anti theft counter measures?

theives have tried for my 99 si twice this winter...

anyway i wonder if you are going to find the car closer to trenton or to newark/elizabeth/sayreville...
Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (thisisntjared)

try philli. preferably oakland street, thats where mine was found along with parts from my friends car that was stolen in flemington
Old 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM

I only had the stock anit-theft alarm... Not much help, obviously.

How long ago was your friend's stolen in Flemington? The police made it sound like they only occasionally have stolen vehicles and it is almost always teenagers...

Is it worth taking a ride to Phili?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That Really F'in sucks my hatch pictured on my Avatar was stolen 2 Times both Times came back Completely Stripped! im talking all that was left were the doors Fenders and dash No carpet no interior no motor.
Even the dam ac was gone But Ive only learned 1 thing since then if you scared of your car getting stolen you should have a Honda or Acura 50% of cars Stolen in the North America are a Honda as much as we all love them so do other non working lazy F'in Aholes.
I posted Ways on How to protect your Car on another Thread ill add Them onto hear Another thing that im seeing that works is the Ravelco you can check it on you tube but there no substitute for a garage a removable wheel, rim boots, (more than 1) Kill Switches Removing Ecu, And a Good old Pitbull! It sucks and it really hurts to see you pride and joy get defaced by some Dicks but we love Hondas. Ironic isn't it

Talking about Auto locks
Man I Tell you all it Will only slow them down. Yea right ive seen them on the Brake so the thief drives with the ebrake and down shifting They only really help on the Clutch but its out there all on its own because its the last pedal they have more room to maneuver so the bring battery powered dremels and cut them off why because other saws take the same amount of time and take longer ive seen the one with the regular key get picked with a paper clip! yes its true and the one with the 4 part key is a little harder to pick so all this means ANY CAR YOU HAVE IF SOMEONE WANTS IT AND THEY HAVE THE RIGHT SKILL LEVEL THEY WILL TAKE IT !

Though i do agree with GPS tracking systems but i don't know of any brands and how they work and what the cost it. All you can do is hopefully have all this **** on your car and hope to discourage the thief from stealing your car because all you can do is slow them down But a good combo to have is:

1. Multi lock on the shifter with the car in gear (thats means no using remote start)

2. Auto lock on the clutch pedal with the solid side facing the door (the hook faces in so it makes it harder for them because the brake pedal is in the way)

3. A good kill switch for the gas (because if you do one for the starter not to crank you can still push start)

4.An alarm with a proximity sensor and the vibration sensor with pin switches for the hood and trunk and also has the pager with at least 1/4 mile distance (with additional alarm horn somewhere other than under the hood just in case they get past 1 horn the other will work)

5.With a rim boot with good or different style wheel locks so it makes it tougher for them to even think of taking off the rim 2 rim boots will really mess with there head.

But the worst part of all this the MORE and MORE YOU PROTECT your CAR you will attract more and more thieves 1 better than the LAST and all of this still wont stop a crooked tow truck driver! [freak]IN **** !!!!! LMAO AND THATS THE TRUTH !!!!!!! AND DONT GET LOW JACK THAT **** IS GARBAGE!!!!!!

Modified by slvrcvc93 at 2:27 PM 4/11/2008
Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM

That sucks!! Hope you had insurance on it, my stock 99 ex was stolen out of my driveway a month ago now and I've yet to hear anything.

Your car has a pretty high "real world" cost, so you should make out well with your insurance company. My car only had liability, so I got burned.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What city around Northern NJ? I live in north NJ and frequant south NJ.

slvrcvc93:

Why the hell are you responses always a huge run on sentances? Nobody is going to read that mess. Try a paragraph.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ifIexplode)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ifIexplode &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why the hell are you responses always a huge run on sentances? Nobody is going to read that mess. Try a paragraph. </TD></TR></TABLE>hahahahahahah i just skipped his post because it was poorly written and globby, not just because it was a book

the police should be finding the car by now if they are going to find it....
Old 04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (thisisntjared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thisisntjared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahahahahahah i just skipped his post because it was poorly written and globby, not just because it was a book

the police should be finding the car by now if they are going to find it.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahah i read like 3 sentances and then skiped it lol

but yah sorry about your loss its seems theres another post here everyday about a stolen civic or wheels or somthing damn theives
Old 04-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92egSnatch)

Sorry responding like that I am at work so I'm technically not supposed to be on the internet lmao I cleaned it up 4 you Lazy! lol

Modified by slvrcvc93 at 2:28 PM 4/11/2008
Old 04-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slvrcvc93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slvrcvc93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry responding like that I am at work so I'm technically not supposed to be on the internet lmao I cleaned it up 4 you Lazy! lol

Modified by slvrcvc93 at 2:28 PM 4/11/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>right on! i love my mul-t-lock. i am convinced that is 1 of 2 reasons why the theives can never steal my 99si.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that sucksss
jersey is too hot
hope you had full coverage
Old 04-11-2008, 05:28 PM

good luck on the find...
Old 04-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn, if youre a girl this sux. i use to kno ex-thieves and they always said it was like an unwritten rule that you dont steal a girl's car no matter wat. i guess these ******** either didnt kno you r a girl or just plain dont give a fukk hope u get it back in good shape.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DOHChatchGUY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHChatchGUY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn, if youre a girl this sux. i use to kno ex-thieves and they always said it was like an unwritten rule that you dont steal a girl's car no matter wat. i guess these ******** either didnt kno you r a girl or just plain dont give a fukk hope u get it back in good shape.</TD></TR></TABLE>honor amongst thieves???? hahahahahahahaahaha all thieves are scumbags regardless of "chivalry".
Old 04-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DOHChatchGUY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHChatchGUY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn, if youre a girl this sux. i use to kno ex-thieves and they always said it was like an unwritten rule that you dont steal a girl's car no matter wat. i guess these ******** either didnt kno you r a girl or just plain dont give a fukk hope u get it back in good shape.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if thats true, which i doubt it is, then good for me, but my car isnt "girly" so I think they would try to steal it anyways
Old 04-12-2008, 12:02 PM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (andoxviii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andoxviii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">99 Civic SiR (your Si) is most stolen car in Canada.
00 Civic SiR is the second most stolen car in Canada.

See a trend? I'm sure there are similar statistics in the US...

No Civic Si is safe, whether it is stock or modified, there are still parts that everyone wants in their cars.

Good luck locating your car</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not that it makes much difference but it's the other way around here in Canada. The 00 SiR was the most stolen, 99 was second most for the last three years running. I'm very careful with mine and have multiple layers of security and rarely ever leave it outside and don't drive it in the winter.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:28 AM

Default Re: (ifIexplode)

Hi,

Insurance company is looking to only give me $8,000. They don't recognize Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds. Not sure why...

Does anyone have any other sites in mind that give good car costs?

Thanks!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jerseygirl)

I'm assuming they stripped everything?

The only reason they aren't using KBB or Edmunds is b/c they are giving you the cash value of the auto as of the date of the loss. I don't know any website that give cost value of cars other than KBB.

Modified by Neebs at 1:27 PM 4/29/2008
Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM

damn suck gl on the find
Old 04-30-2008, 06:19 AM

Default Re: 2000 Civic Si Stolen - NJ (jdmdc_5)

Car has not been found to date. Really sucks, loved that car!!!

Trying to just do some research and find Si's for sale above $8,500. Found some in the range of $10,000 so hopefully I can convince the insurance company to up their offer...

I can't believe this crap! First I get screwed by damn thieves and now the insurance co. is trying to screw me...

Any thoughts or ways to deal with insurance would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 2000 Civic Si Stolen - NJ