Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

20 more horse with resistor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 more horse with resistor?

well i was browsing ebay and i came across this "http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20HP-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-HONDA-CIVIC-93-97-98-03_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQihZ010QQitemZ 200075631697QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting"

i have like a million resistors here at my house but dont know how to decode them could somehow help me find out what one is 3300 ohms and where to put it under my hood? i have a msd box installed already if this has anything to do with it idk tho, thanx in advanced

-Dan
Old 02-17-2007, 02:39 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are a mentally stillborn inbred retard if you believe that would work.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: 20 more horse with resistor? (wonderd)

I was retarded enough to try it long long long long time ago...hAhAhA...I didnt see any difference...except my motor running hotter.. lol! that was in my 02 civic I had years ago
Old 02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

poor guy, no do not buy that, please.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:57 PM

okay all you had to say was it didnt work, im sorry i dont know a whole lot about cars you ******* dick
Old 02-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Default Re: (wonderd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wonderd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay all you had to say was it didnt work, im sorry i dont know a whole lot about cars you ******* dick</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-17-2007, 03:12 PM

no those DONT work all they do is make your motor run rich and hot
Old 02-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (wonderd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wonderd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay all you had to say was it didnt work, im sorry i dont know a whole lot about cars</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't be offended. There seems to be quite an abundance of abusiveness towards other members here on H-T lately, especially in the Civic forum. Many members seem to have quickly forgotten the silly questions or threads they wrote not all that long ago. Others seem to have difficulty politely responding to a thread.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:35 PM
HT White Ops

Even without knowing anything about cars, you can still follow the simple rule of thumb:

If it seems to good to be true, it is.

Why would you expect 20+ HP out of a $6 part on ebay that says it's universal for any car anywhere? Why would you expect there to be a stock "resistor" in your car that is somehow impeding your massive factory horsepower numbers?

It's common sense, and it seems to be in short supply nowadays.

Excuse me for the curt response, but it's the truth.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even without knowing anything about cars, you can still follow the simple rule of thumb:

Why would you expect 20+ HP out of a $6 part on ebay that says it's universal for any car anywhere? Why would you expect there to be a stock "resistor" in your car that is somehow impeding your massive factory horsepower numbers?

Excuse me for the curt response, but it's the truth.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thread/
Old 02-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another helpful post in the H-T community. Come on Eran, surely you can get your point acorss without layin it on so thick. Not everybody who just starts gettin into somethin knows better than to get fooled by some slick advertiser on ebay.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:59 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (EzMoney00Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EzMoney00Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Another helpful post in the H-T community. Come on Eran, surely you can get your point acorss without layin it on so thick. Not everybody who just starts gettin into somethin knows better than to get fooled by some slick advertiser on ebay. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm relatively sure I never did. The only thing I ever considered for more than a minute was a Venom module for my old truck .... so I did my own research without asking a question, and lo and behold, I found out it was a crock of ****.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:59 PM

not a good thing, seen cpu go to crap.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ivannaciv)

the only chips ive seen from ebay that work are like the bully dog/banks and other desiel chips. but those are a $20 mystery chip
Old 02-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm relatively sure I never did. The only thing I ever considered for more than a minute was a Venom module for my old truck .... so I did my own research without asking a question, and lo and behold, I found out it was a crock of ****. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sayin you did...I'm merely saying theres a better way for you (and plenty of other senior member here) to get your point across without destroying some kid whos just gettin into Hondas. I mean really...what purpose did your first response serve? I don't think its necessary to spoon feed everyone information, but I don't think its harmful to point someone in the right direction instead of flaming them either.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EzMoney00Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm merely saying theres a better way for you (and plenty of other senior member here) to get your point across without destroying some kid whos just gettin into Hondas. I mean really...what purpose did your first response serve? I don't think its necessary to spoon feed everyone information, but I don't think its harmful to point someone in the right direction instead of flaming them either.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well said, and I agree.

By the way, it wasn't long ago that Eran was starting threads asking what kind of oil he should use in his car, or what kind of light bulbs to buy, so clearly H-T is a learning place for everyone.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Padawan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well said, and I agree.

By the way, it wasn't long ago that Eran was starting threads asking what kind of oil he should use in his car, or what kind of light bulbs to buy, so clearly H-T is a learning place for everyone. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Didn't you read, he does his research and doesn't have to ask anybody, NOOB .

In any event:
I feel it's better either way that he was at least told it didn't work, rather have more "noobs" like him than idiots buying that crap and installing it then asking why their car's idling like **** or their MPG sucks.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:51 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well said, and I agree.

By the way, it wasn't long ago that Eran was starting threads asking what kind of oil he should use in his car, or what kind of light bulbs to buy, so clearly H-T is a learning place for everyone. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was asking for brand preference for a universal item. That doesn't even rank in the same ballpark as this question. But thanks for that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Didn't you read, he does his research and doesn't have to ask anybody, NOOB .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, I have the ability to realize which of the questions that pop into my head are:

A) legitimate
B) unanswered by more than 50000 people
C) won't make me look completely foolish in front of a 200,000+ person audience.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was asking for brand preference for a universal item. That doesn't even rank in the same ballpark as this question. </TD></TR></TABLE>

In one thread, you inquired as to what weight oil you should use. My point is simply that I could easily have replied to that question with something along the lines of, "Search, n00b!" or "If you can't even figure out how to read your owners manual, you shouldn't be allowed to drive". However, I simply answered your question respectfully, which is something I think more people should practice doing lately.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:09 PM
HT White Ops

In one thread, you inquired as to what weight oil you should use. My point is simply that I could easily have replied to that question with something along the lines of, "Search, n00b!" or "If you can't even figure out how to read your owners manual, you shouldn't be allowed to drive". However, I simply answered your question respectfully, which is something I think more people should practice doing lately. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Gee, I didn't know the owners manual specified oil for harsh winters ... oh wait, it doesn't. I used to use different oil for the winter than the rest of the year for my truck, why would I think it would be any different?

Regardless of how much of an ******* I am, or how much of a nitpicker you are, these are not similar questions or circumstance.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gee, I didn't know the owners manual specified oil for harsh winters ... oh wait, it doesn't. I used to use different oil for the winter than the rest of the year for my truck, why would I think it would be any different?</TD></TR></TABLE>

My manual certainly does.

Regardless, my point remains the same. Whether or not you deem the questions or circumstances similar, they're still fundamental questions that can either be answered reasonably and respectfully, or harshly and sarcastically. I was pointing out that, in the past, your questions were answered with the former, while now, you (and others) seem to frequently reply with the latter.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even without knowing anything about cars, you can still follow the simple rule of thumb:

Excuse me for the curt response, but it's the truth.</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2 lol
Old 02-17-2007, 05:26 PM

My manual certainly does.

Regardless, my point remains the same. Whether or not you deem the questions or circumstances similar, they're still fundamental questions that can either be answered reasonably and respectfully, or harshly and sarcastically. I was pointing out that, in the past, your questions were answered with the former, while now, you (and others) seem to frequently reply with the latter. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Well said.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:34 PM
HT White Ops

Mine manual certainly does.

Regardless, my point remains the same. Whether or not you deem the questions or circumstances similar, they're still fundamental questions that can either be answered reasonably and respectfully, or harshly and sarcastically. I was pointing out that, in the past, your questions were answered with the former, while now, you (and others) seem to frequently reply with the latter. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My response was harsh, I will give you that. Regardless, it was a rather idiotic question. If you cannot figure out what is wrong with the picture in this product's description, then you might need to work on your reading comprehension:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DRAG RACE MOD</TD></TR></TABLE>

Big red flag of a scam.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">+20HP</TD></TR></TABLE>

No cheap product ever gives +20HP. Even an intake is more likely to add power than this, and those claims are still completely bogus.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This uses a resistance value of 3300 ohms to override the sensor and signal the computer that it is receiving air at an optimal temperature of 53 degrees.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The idea every single ECU uses the same IAT sensor with the exact same voltage for every single car is ludacris.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">price: US $6.00
Shipping costs: US $4.00</TD></TR></TABLE>

The same resistor can be had for $0.99 at Radio Shack.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Same function as ECU upgrades and Performance chips like the Jet V-chip</TD></TR></TABLE>

It compares itself to another garbage product.

The eBay add is loaded with signs of a scam. It prays on the weak minded and ignorant. While I may have been a ******* ******* about it, at least he got the answer he needed, and he's not soon to forget it. If I asked two people for the time, and one person told me, "6:35pm" and the other said "Get a ******* watch, assbag" ... you can bet I'm going to remember the guy who screamed at me. Hell, I may even think twice about asking such a question to a random stranger again. I am not saying asking questions is bad, but one should stop and actually use their own brain once in a while. If you stop and think, you can usually figure it out on your own.

PS - At the time, I did not possess a manual for the car my motor came out of.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> at least he got the answer he needed, and he's not soon to forget it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's also possibly now less likely to inquire about other things in the future, in which case your pseudo-helpful reply was counter-productive in the long run. In truth, it's not worthy of an argument, since little I or others say is likely to change the general attitude that seems so prevalent here as of late. That's unfortunate, but it's also apparently unavoidable.

As for your oil question, my Integra manual contains a very clear recommended viscosity chart that covers ambient temperatures from less than -20 degrees to greater than 100 degrees F. Why such information would be conspicuously absent from your Civic manual is puzzling, and since I no longer have a Civic manual here, I have no choice but to take you at your word.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: 20 more horse with resistor?