Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2 door front on a 4 door

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Tyte4Door

Default 2 door front on a 4 door

well i crashed my little 4 door eg into some **** and it totally fu#$ed my body kit. I wanted to go JDM but with that body kit it would have been a waste. i guess i solved that problem lol. Anyways my neighbhor is hookin me up with some new stuff, hood, lights, etc. and one of the things is a civic coupe front bumper. This may sound like stupid question but i've heard about half and half from everyone i've ever asked. Will a civic coupe bumper fit on my 4 door?? I've heard everything from yes, to no, to i've tried it and yes, to i've tried it and no. you can understand why i'm confused so i figuired, i'll ask the experts yay , honda-tech
Old 10-14-2005, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (Tyte4Door)

Me thinks yes, Arggg matey!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (EG-SI(rII))

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG-SI(rII) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Me thinks yes, Arggg matey!</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha, you know you saying that is SO appropriate cause my car looks like a freaking pirate after the wreck! LOL!!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The answer is it will fit, but it will be off. I'll try to find pics to show you. I'll stop this right now dammit!

Old 10-15-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (fast88std)

if you get the 2/3door fenders and corner lights, that does help smooth things out quite a bit. i have heard rumors though, that the 2/3 door fenders don't line up exactly with the sedan body. not too sure about that though, i'm kinda curious to know the exact story on that as well cause i'm about to do that same "conversion" next summer.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (that one civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by that one civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you get the 2/3door fenders and corner lights, that does help smooth things out quite a bit. i have heard rumors though, that the 2/3 door fenders don't line up exactly with the sedan body. not too sure about that though, i'm kinda curious to know the exact story on that as well cause i'm about to do that same "conversion" next summer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, i may not be doing it right away but i will try and post up pics whenever i do it, so you can see it. My corners have never fit right, and my neighbhor said they were probably 2 door corners but how come on ebay on stuff it says fits 92-95 blah blah blah 2door & 4 door??? Anyways if it fits but its a little off it will fit much better than my last bumper. i had a CRAPPY *** front bumper that was made horribley but i was poor so i just needed something to get me by (make my skirts and rear not look so awkward with a stock front) till i could afford a new one. This was bad, i mean like an inch gap under the headlights and like the fender would be sticking out a half inch over the bumper. hard to explain but it was mad crappy.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

That picture looks fine to me. And yes, it will work.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (JDM-EJ1)

With enough patience you can make it look almost perfect but the sedan is a little wider than the two door so the bumper will be to narrow, I have seen pics, much like that red one, that looked perfect though. Definately worth it imo, the coupe bumper looks way better, unless your going to fill it up with a fmic
Old 10-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That picture looks fine to me. And yes, it will work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ha, it looks like doo doo. Lines don't even line up fine. I guess it looks fine for a hacked look, but DEF is not oe quality
Old 10-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (Evs-One)

yeah didnt really look good enough to see that unaligned part by the corner lense, it can be done though
Old 10-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (Evs-One)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evs-One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ha, it looks like doo doo. Lines don't even line up fine. I guess it looks fine for a hacked look, but DEF is not oe quality</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well i think that pic looks very good, that car compared to mine is like perfection. even when i bought my car it was funky, def been wrecked before. if i can get it to look like that red car then i'll be happy as a clam.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyte4Door &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well i think that pic looks very good, that car compared to mine is like perfection. even when i bought my car it was funky, def been wrecked before. if i can get it to look like that red car then i'll be happy as a clam.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how many happy clams do you know of?

in seriousness, I have seen the swap in person and it takes a lot of time to get it to look like that. And that's working with a straight body, if yours has been wrecked before, it is only going to be harder to fit right.

I would try to get a certifit bumper for like $80 and call it a day.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (Vero)

search.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: 2 door front on a 4 door (Vero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how many happy clams do you know of?

in seriousness, I have seen the swap in person and it takes a lot of time to get it to look like that. And that's working with a straight body, if yours has been wrecked before, it is only going to be harder to fit right.

I would try to get a certifit bumper for like $80 and call it a day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well i'd be a happy clam. lol. Anyways i dont care if it doesn't fit perfect, i'm sure it will work pretty good, and ANYTHING is better than what my old blitz front bumper looked like . I'm by no means a perfectionist with the body of this car anymore. I've learned that bodykits are a big fu#$ing hassle unless you've got lots o' bank roll, which i dont' have yet. Well i just replaced my radiator and got it running again but i bent it just to get it in place and my hood latch for the moment is a bungie cord so i'm gonna go online and order my new radiator support this monday or something and a new radiator which i'm trading to my friend for a new headlamp and hood since he gave me his old radiator out of his non-daily driver civic which is gonna be REALLY fu#$ing fast since he's gonna be boostin like 30 psi (no lie thats what he's shooting for). then after i get paid again i'll try this whole 2 door bumper thing and i'll post pics if it works or not that way you can tell someone else if they ever ask again. Then i will buy a Type R lip for the front and back, some mugen sides and have the car painted. slap some blacked out headlights on it and sell it after i get outta school in december, and buy myself a silver EK hatch
Old 10-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eh good luck with that. If you plan on selling it, I wouldnt bother buying the lips and another pair of headlights (unless you are buying these to replace the broken ones). Save your change for the new car man.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vero)

More sedans with 2/3D front ends.

Grand finale:

Modified by fast88std at 7:09 PM 10/15/2005
Old 10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Tyte4Door

Default Re: (fast88std)

Thanks for all the info, now i see what you mean, the sedan is a bit wider and kinda stretches the 2 door bumper, but the more agressive look will definately help me rekindle my car back to her old self. oh yeah , the reason why i'd put the lip on there and stuff is because my body shop guy owes me a paint job so he'll do my whole car for free and the lips are pretty cheap so i could make it look pretty tyte for a reasonably small amount of money and sell my car for more. (probably to some stupid kid )