Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1996/1997 Ctr Build...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996/1997 Ctr Build...

Hey guys... Man i haven't been on here in forever... Anyway Ive had this car for 6 years now. I originally got it as a stock hatch and just put a set of si's on it and lowered it. I only had it on the road for two years before i started this build. It was stock, ls swapped then back to a built y8 swap.

Back right before I tore it down.

I scored a good deal on a ek9 front end from my buddy so i bought it and stripped it down and sent it to my fabricator for the swap. THey cut the car in half and welded the front end on. They braced the underside and were able to get it within 1/32 of factory.

-Right after I got the car back i got diagnosed with Crohns, lost a bunch of weight and had to get surgery and it put a immediate stop to the build. Right about the time I was ready to start again, someone broke into my shed and stole my Repsol 1000rr, my yz450f and klx 110. So I went right into buy a house mode and started looking for houses and life got in the way. The two photos below are how it sat for the last years....

In June if last year I picked up a side job working at a shop as a diesel mechanic. Now that I have been there a while i talked to my boss and he let me bring the car up there so it would get out of my yard and i could start working on it since all my tools are at the shop.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1996/1997 Ctr Build...

SO I FINALLY STARTED WORKING ON IT AGAIN!!!

My boss knew a glass guy and I was able to score a windshield with install for $160. I felt reassured because the installer told me that he did not have a single issue installing the windshield, and nothing was off or uneven.

In the end of may I picked up a donor car, 1997 Ek hatch with a b20 swap. I had a type s swap for it but i had to sell it when i bought the house for closing cost and such... and I regret it. But On tuesday I pulled the motor out of the donor car and started tracing harnesses.

After alot of digging i found the chassis harness and ran it through the car.

And then Yesterday I got the Dash mocked up and started to finagle the dash harness to see what was what and what needs to be extended. I plan on running all the electrical under the dash so the engine bay will be clean. but this is how it sits as of right now.

Now i have ordered alot of new parts. I have a brand new bumper, both fenders, the spoiler, lip kit, rear disk brake kit as of now. I know i need more parts but i will keep posting as I keep working. Cheers!
Old 06-15-2019, 03:45 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thread moved to appropriate model forum.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Why would you want to make a car wrong hand drive? Just curious
Old 06-16-2019, 11:15 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

that jdm feelz